Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wow amazing policy

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Report...&asset=&ccode=

GM which is one of the biggest recepient of bail out money is going to export chinese cars to US market!! I am perfectly fine with that. Kudos to chinese car manufacterors. Now here is the problem...
1) companies which recieved TARP fund cannot hire H1bs!!!! but now it seems they can go and get work done elsewhere and then ship the product here??
2) Which is better for the economy?
a- skilled workers moving to the US and reviving the manufactoring base and this might involve reducing wages of course.
or
b- prevent skilled worker migration and instead import products from outside which will be effective on the short run due to the present capacity for borrowing heavily??

Consider these facts while answering;
but how long can you borrow?? dont you need to produce something here, in the US?? skilled worker reduces the wages? isnt that good to be competitive??
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2007
Compare
ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of ItIsNotFunny has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post

GM which is one of the biggest recepient of bail out money is going to export chinese cars to US market!! I am perfectly fine with that. Kudos to chinese car manufacterors. Now here is the problem...
1) companies which recieved TARP fund cannot hire H1bs!!!! but now it seems they can go and get work done elsewhere and then ship the product here??
a- skilled workers moving to the US and reviving the manufactoring base and this might involve reducing wages of course.
or
b- prevent skilled worker migration and instead import products from outside which will be effective on the short run due to the present capacity for borrowing heavily??

but how long can you borrow?? dont you need to produce something here, in the US?? skilled worker reduces the wages? isnt that good to be competitive??
Completely agreed. Please keep in mind, the whole H1 hatred is not based on truth and statistics but based on sentiments.

RD: 6/7/07, ND: 6/19/07, FP: 7/21/07
485 LUDs: 7/23, 7/24 & 7/28
EAD Approved: 9/12
AP Approved : 9/24

Old 05-13-2009, 02:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
telugu_power is a glorious beacon of light telugu_power is a glorious beacon of light telugu_power is a glorious beacon of light telugu_power is a glorious beacon of light telugu_power is a glorious beacon of light telugu_power is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

or

Completely agree!

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2009, 02:34 PM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Chargeability
:
Philippines
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
validIV will become famous soon enough validIV will become famous soon enough

Maybe ex-GM American Workers will move and work to China under their H-1B equivalent programs.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06-20-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06-27-2007
Compare
cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough

More times than not common sense goes missing among the highly educated. The trouble is, you mix that fact with added politics, and now you have a complete and utter mess. They are dumping money in businesses without making sure of returns. This economy is not going anywhere.... they can fool trusting citizens, but not people with common sense.

Old 05-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2008
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute Better_Days has a reputation beyond repute
Default I will go a step further

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItIsNotFunny View Post
Completely agreed. Please keep in mind, the whole H1 hatred is not based on truth and statistics but based on sentiments.
I will go a step further and say it out aloud: most people who are opposed to the H1 visa scheme are opposed to it because they read H1 and think Indian and\or Chinese.

The total number of H1B workers do not make up even 0.5% of the US Workforce but to hear the howl and screams it sounds like they H1B's have flooded the market and if only they could be kicked out, good old days of 14,000 DJIA and 700K for 3 bedroom ghetto shacks will return with all their glory.

And no I am not Indian or Chinese.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

or

Post this question in Grassly's web site.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

I mean give me a break. This is a nation that prides itself with pocessing the greatest brains. Well then does it take more than common sense to take a look at your greatest trading partner?? China?? Now lets see.... what drives china's economy?? Wow thats a question for somebody from Harvard/Yale to answer!! Well a layman like me would think the answer would be......."CHEAP LABOR"?
My chinese friends this is not to hurt you or anything. actually it is to praise your abilities and fault with US economy not seeing this.

Old 05-13-2009, 03:15 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/20/2007
Compare
Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute Winner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better_Days View Post
The total number of H1B workers do not make up even 0.5% of the US Workforce but to hear the howl and screams it sounds like they H1B's have flooded the market and if only they could be kicked out, good old days of 14,000 DJIA and 700K for 3 bedroom ghetto shacks will return with all their glory.

And no I am not Indian or Chinese.
I found this link by googling http://www.myvisa.com/Visasage/h1bfaq.htm
are there any offiical websites like USCIS or DOL which has this information?

$ Contributor
Texas IV Group member.

About Immigration Voice.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...id=5&Itemid=47
IV in the news.http://immigrationvoice.org/index.ph...d=19&Itemid=27

Contribution till date $600 + Monthly contributions

GC Approved on 5/5/2011

Old 05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default why no discussion on getting GC

I see the whole forum is full on H1B questions and misc. Is the IV focus has shifted from GC to H1B????

Most of the guys who joined this forum has EAD and waiting for GC then why the discussion on H1B. Looks like the web address should change to H1Bvoice.org.

There are tons of website available for those discussions( only discussions), this forum to join together and act as community to fight for the common cause "GC delay" but now it looks like a ladies kitty party chit chat. Ever seen the anti immigrant website.. they are focussed on one and only one thing, raise voice against anti immigration. Atleast this is something we can learn from and talk sense here, rather than talking about srilanka civil war and fresno tax.

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
nullpointergc is on a distinguished road

This is immigrationvoice.com and not only gcvoice.com or h1bvoice.com. So let people discuss anything related to immigration (h1b, gc, family based etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by psaxena View Post
I see the whole forum is full on H1B questions and misc. Is the IV focus has shifted from GC to H1B????

Most of the guys who joined this forum has EAD and waiting for GC then why the discussion on H1B. Looks like the web address should change to H1Bvoice.org.

There are tons of website available for those discussions( only discussions), this forum to join together and act as community to fight for the common cause "GC delay" but now it looks like a ladies kitty party chit chat. Ever seen the anti immigrant website.. they are focussed on one and only one thing, raise voice against anti immigration. Atleast this is something we can learn from and talk sense here, rather than talking about srilanka civil war and fresno tax.

Old 05-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/16/2007
Chargeability
:
Cyprus
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
gapala is infamous around these parts gapala is infamous around these parts
Default Prepare for tough times ahead...

Guys look at what is going on around us.. .. .(this impacts immigrants... just a cover)

Consumer spending is down.. shops are closing down.. for that matter entire malls are closing down across the country.

Housing market is a mess... with prices still bubbled up in majority of the areas in the country.... what they call down 40% decline is nothing but correction after that rediculous increase at 20000 a month for several months until mid to end of 2006.

Insurance and Banking is F'ed up due to gambling and greed.

Auto industry is in deep s**t.. trickle down to parts manufacturers / dealerships.

Social security is in trouble

401K has disappeared....

Equity market plunged

Government run Medicare is in trouble..... (in view of government run universal healthcare that they have already proposed)

Unemployment is all time high..

Airlines facing slump...

And now... today's headlines.. cragslist shutting down "erotic services"... Does that sounds like more job losses? ... feel sorry for folks (customers and service providers)

Jeez...times are tough.... take it easy guys..

Last edited by gapala; 05-13-2009 at 06:19 PM.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/29/2007
Compare
qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute qasleuth has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

or

Wrong analogy and this has very little to do with our situation.
Here is why:
This is not new for the manufacturing industry. These discussions have been raging for the last couple of decades. Car manufacturing Industry left the US decades ago. What you currently have in the US are nothing but 'assembly' plants. The big three source different parts of a car from across the world (Mexico, Canada and Brazil among other countries).
Less than 1/10ths of the nations workers are employed by manufacturing firms as per research done a few years back. Most of the jobs in the country are 'high-end' design, prototyping, R&D type jobs.
Manufacturing jobs moving overseas has just one explanation everywhere you look. Cost. Period. Look up and you will find no other explanation. It has nothing to do with 'skilled worker migration'. In fact all the 'low skilled' jobs have migrated outside the country.