Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 11:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IV member on cruise!!

IV member boards the cuise ship with two bags, one very large (heavy) one and the other a small one. The cruise manager spots him and comments, "Welcome aboard, you shouldn't have carried such a big bag. we provide most of the stuff you need. You should have decided to travel light". IV member blushes and replies " I know, that is why the small bag is all I have for personal items. The big bag is all my documents to make sure I can reenter US when we return".
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2009, 12:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts

good joke ..but of late, I wonder if we will have any campaigns in the future or are we resigned to our fate ?

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts

I wonder who the stu*** id*** is who gave me red's for asking a genuine question ..Chan ..are you the one ?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:48 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiralal View Post
good joke ..but of late, I wonder if we will have any campaigns in the future or are we resigned to our fate ?
Here is a link
http://www.counterpunch.org/barry11142008.html

Rahm Emanuel called immigration the "third rail" of American politics and concluded that
Democratic party does not have much to gain from reform. He is very pragmatic politician
and currently chief of staff

Poison pills are deliberately added to ensure that reform doesn't pass.

Old 05-25-2009, 03:08 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
Here is a link
http://www.counterpunch.org/barry11142008.html

Rahm Emanuel called immigration the "third rail" of American politics and concluded that
Democratic party does not have much to gain from reform. He is very pragmatic politician
and currently chief of staff

Poison pills are deliberately added to ensure that reform doesn't pass.
This news is "Weekend Edition November 14 / 16, 2008". A bit outdated.

Old 05-25-2009, 06:18 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2011
Compare
braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Certainly not a joke

Quote:
This is certainly not a joke based on my experience.

I travelled to India on May 1st and had to attend for H1B VISA renewal at Chennai consulate on May 4th. I did not have enough time to take any print outs in India and so decided to get all the documents printed and be ready to go to the embassy when I land in India. With all the rumors and embassies requesting more documentation, I started colecting all the documents for the last 9 yrs I have been in in the US and they weighed total of 5 lbs all together and since I was carrying them as part of the carry-on, the total weight exceeded the limits and had to request/explain about the US VISA documentation to the guy at the couter and he was knowledgable enough to understand the situation and allowed the documents.

When I went to the Chennai consulate, it took a while for me to get the security cleared, since they take out all of your documents w/o any commonsense and consideration for all the effort you put into organizing your documents. My advice to people going to Chennai consulate is not to waste time organizing your documents. You can do them when you are past the security. Once the secuirty was cleared, the interview process was smooth and the VISA was issued. Not a single document I carried was asked except for I-797, I-129 and LCA and the interview was for less an a minute.

I will be travelling back on May30th through JFK and again with 5 lbs on documents, sorry its 5.01 lbs since I have my new US VISA in my passport now . Hope everything goes well at the POE.

Old 05-25-2009, 09:43 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare
thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute thomachan72 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
This is certainly not a joke based on my experience.

When I went to the Chennai consulate, it took a while for me to get the security cleared, since they take out all of your documents w/o any commonsense and consideration for all the effort you put into organizing your documents. My advice to people going to Chennai consulate is not to waste time organizing your documents. You can do them when you are past the security. Once the secuirty was cleared, the interview process was smooth and the VISA was issued. Not a single document I carried was asked except for I-797, I-129 and LCA and the interview was for less an a minute.

I will be travelling back on May30th through JFK and again with 5 lbs on documents, sorry its 5.01 lbs since I have my new US VISA in my passport now . Hope everything goes well at the POE.
Why would the security take out all your documents? is it because you had it in a bag/plastic bag? Can we put them in transparent folders and carry 10 folders instead of carrying them in a bag? will they still take out everything and disorganize what you have carefully put together? Hey my wife might go alone for the interview and it would be helpful if you provide some information.
1) at security they check your passport + interview notice + HDFC reciepts right?
2) after security could you list out the steps?
Its been a long time since I did it and dont really remember it correctly.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:49 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc28262 View Post
This news is "Weekend Edition November 14 / 16, 2008". A bit outdated.
Yes the news is Nov 2008, but political landscape is same, so the article is still relevant especially some of the issues that the article talks about. If you do a deep analysis of how
Democratic party got back power, you will realize that Democratic moved to the center from the left in order to court the Independents. They got the "Regan democrats" back from the
GOP. Along with the youth vote they were able to capture Senate/House/Whitehouse.

Old 05-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/08/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2011
Compare
braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light braindrain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
Why would the security take out all your documents? is it because you had it in a bag/plastic bag? Can we put them in transparent folders and carry 10 folders instead of carrying them in a bag? will they still take out everything and disorganize what you have carefully put together? Hey my wife might go alone for the interview and it would be helpful if you provide some information.
1) at security they check your passport + interview notice + HDFC reciepts right?
I did not have the docs in a bag or a plastic bag. I had carried them in a documents file bought at staples. Yes I did put all the documents into clear transparent folders and had them logically placed into documents file. The security person did take out everything....trust me each and every document out of the file and out of the documents folder. They even take out any documents in the envelopes and check them and then stamp the envelope. The most ridiculous part is that the security scanner used at the airports sits idle next to the line you are standing....and you would be wondering what it does. This happened to my brother who visited the embassy in DEC and he did warn me...but I thought he was little bit exaggreting...but did not realize he was telling the truth.

I went through the following steps...

1) Outside the embassy, even before u enter the premisis of the embassy, the security guy would check for your VISA appointment letter, PASSPORT and the HDFC receipt.

2) Once past the above step, security would check using the hand scanner.

3) At this point you enter the premisis of the embassy and thats where the secuirty makes merry with your documents and you walk through a metal detector

4) You stand in the line where they check your documents like 797 Passport, I 129 and place them in a file.

5) You might be redirected to another building where the interview would take place and this is what has happened for most of the people.

6) But when I had been for the interview on May 4th they sent to me a different counter in the same building, very next to the one where the documents were checked and was interviewed. I did not even realize that I was being interviewed since I was expecting to go the other building for interview. I think I was lucky enough to get the interview at the same counter, but some people were being directed to the other building for interviews....

The security check for female/women are little more cordial. This is based on my wife's experience.

hope..this information helps....

Old 05-25-2009, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Jub Lodha Garam Ho Tub hi Hathoda Thokna chahiyee".. following that wisdom, this is not the right time for any large scale immigartion camaign...

Old 05-25-2009, 06:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindrain View Post
I went through the following steps...

1) Outside the embassy, even before u enter the premisis of the embassy, the security guy would check for your VISA appointment letter, PASSPORT and the HDFC receipt.

2) Once past the above step, security would check using the hand scanner.

3) At this point you enter the premisis of the embassy and thats where the secuirty makes merry with your documents and you walk through a metal detector

4) You stand in the line where they check your documents like 797 Passport, I 129 and place them in a file. at this point they take your 797, passport, 156, 157 etc from you and keep them in their file? do the give the file with you to carry to the point of interview or they convey it internally? We then walk to the interview counter where we produce other supporting documents (129, LC, salary slips, emplo letter, birth certificate, marriage cert etc etc if the officer asks, right? Finally do we get the 797 back?

5) You might be redirected to another building where the interview would take place and this is what has happened for most of the people.

hope..this information helps....
thanks for the information. I just wanted to let he know which documents they will take from us at the first counter and which need to be given only if asked.
HDFC reciept, 156, 157, 797, passport will be taken.
marriage certificate, birth certificate (kids), LC, 129, finance proofs, job proof, etc etc are supporting and need not be put into the file, right?
797 will be returned, right?

Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomachan72 View Post
hopefully she will get rejected and you don't remember because you are in the first stage of brain dementia ..this is my curse for the red dots ,..just because you have some green dots does not make you god ...u fool !!!
soon IV will only have idiots who give red dots for no reason !! I am out from here ..bye bye

0 out of 4 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-26-2009, 02:11 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/27/2010
Compare
ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute ivar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Is it a typo ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BharatPremi View Post
"Jub Lodha Garam Ho Tub hi Hathoda Thokna chahiyee".. following that wisdom, this is not the right time for any large scale immigartion camaign...
Was that a joke or a typo ??

Old 05-26-2009, 05:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Aug-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2011
Compare

Quote:
hopefully she will get rejected and you don't remember because you are in the first stage of brain dementia ..this is my curse for the red dots ,..just because you have some green dots does not make you god ...u fool !!!
soon IV will only have idiots who give red dots for no reason !! I am out from here ..bye bye
Wow wow wow!! How much anger you are spreading around. In my 2 years with IV I have never given a red to anyone. Infact I dont even know how to do that. Now you have no reason whatsover to post such a nasty message. The person who gave you red dots possibly knew you from any of your earlier postings. Certainly not me. But by examining your posting, dont you really deserve the red dot?? Let me know if you still believe that you are not.