Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2009, 02:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold
Default Companies moving away from the US

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124338175183056465.html

Accenture is one of the big US consulting companies. They are moving to Ireland , as Mr President is trying to make Tax laws to stop outsourcing.

Looks like IBM would be the next to follow.

Last edited by sidbee; 05-27-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2009, 02:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute starscream has a reputation beyond repute

From what I read in the article they are talking about chaging 'the place of incorporation' from Bermuda to Ireland to avoid paying higher taxes through the proposed tax legislation ...dosent't talk about relocating all operations to Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidbee View Post
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124338175183056465.html

Accenture is one of the big US consulting companies. They are moving to Ireland , as Mr President is trying to making Tax laws to stop outsourcing.

Looks like IBM would be the next to follow.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream View Post
From what I read in the article they are talking about chaging 'the place of incorporation' from Bermuda to Ireland to avoid paying higher taxes through the proposed tax legislation ...dosent't talk about relocating all operations to Ireland
I never said they are moving all the operations. Looks like, they would still be serving the clients in the US. But they will be not a US company anymore.They would not be head off iced in the US.

They would still be able to outsource there work to India, for which the US companies would have to shell out more taxes, if a particular legislation is passed.

Old 05-27-2009, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/05/2007
Compare
crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of crazyghoda has much to be proud of

There is no reason to start celebrating since this does not make a case of legal immigration in any way.

Accenture never was a US incorporated company in the first place. They were incorporated in Bermuda which has no taxes so that they do not have to pay taxes on worldwide income. Over the years there was increasing criticism about incorporating in a tax haven which is why they have decided to change the country of incorporation to Ireland. Ireland has low taxes, a tax treaty with the US and is a part of the EU which is why the decision was taken to move to Ireland.

What would have made it real sweet was if they had decided to change the place of incorporation to India saying given the number of people it employs in India.