Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 05:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts
Default Get lost ???

I have a friend who studied professional degree in US (in health science field) and hope to finish taking the US license exam (he passed some sections of licensing exam in OPT period and finished some internships except the last internship ) and get a job in US. He got one and the job allowed him to finish the last internship for 5 months within H-1B visa and asked him continue to work via the same H-1B visa after internship but unluckily his
H-1B visa was processed on the day the visa quota was full. Then to avoid illegal stay in US, he back home.

When he back home, the licensing board in his home country asks him to finish the licensing exam in US before proceed the licensing exam in his home country. However, he can't finish the internship in US since the H-1B visa cannot be processed smoothly. And without finished the last internship in US, he can't proceed to take the last section of licensing exam in US to complete the US license. Consequently, he can't take the licensing exam in his home country for professional jobs and he works for other low-level jobs in his home country instead of working in medical field.

Then he applies other State licensing exam in US by tourist visa. He passed the exam but the point is the exam score of one of the sections he has already passed at the time within his OPT period which is common to other State is expired. That State licensing board ask him to re-take that part of exam (since the exam score of that part is expired) and his US license will be completed. However, to re-take that part of exam requires VALID US driver license or US green card or US passport (NOT expired one) for exam admission and NO OTHER COUNTRY'S ID CAN BE ACCEPTED---so since he has moved back to his home country, how can he renew his driver license?????? He was a foreign student and without any US green card or US passport but ONLY has US driver license but it is expired.

Also, in Canada, all students should have a Canadian green card before allow you to enter schools of medical field such as Medicine & Pharmacy----but in US, it is NOT the same. Since NO OTHER COUNTRY'S ID CAN BE ACCEPTED TO TAKE THIS academic exam in Medical & Health Science field in US and without any exception to accept any foreign ID for licensing exam admission, it implies that "medical and health science license" is unique to the US country---so why don't allow those foreign students get the green card? Or US can choose NOT to accept foreign students to study "Medical and Health Science" in US???????????

Personally I do think the policy "letting foreign students to study "medical and health science" but don't accept them to have foreign ID to take the exam, instead, only allow people who have US ID taking exam---------is a contradictory policy. In Canada, all those "medical and health science" field students are having Canadian green card with NO exception.

Under this situation, I really don't know how can my friend "renew his driver license" to re-take this exam" and when he can immigrate to US to fulfil his dream??? Originally he thinks that the new immigration reform will allow some foreign students to stay in US and bring money to start-up business---so where is this policy?????????????? I f this policy coming out, he can re-take this exam very fast to get his license.

So life is tough and don't know what to do sometimes!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2012, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by honest123 View Post
I have a friend who studied professional degree in US (in health science field) and hope to finish taking the US license exam (he passed some sections of licensing exam in OPT period and finished some internships except the last internship ) and get a job in US. He got one and the job allowed him to finish the last internship for 5 months within H-1B visa and asked him continue to work via the same H-1B visa after internship but unluckily his
H-1B visa was processed on the day the visa quota was full. Then to avoid illegal stay in US, he back home.

When he back home, the licensing board in his home country asks him to finish the licensing exam in US before proceed the licensing exam in his home country. However, he can't finish the internship in US since the H-1B visa cannot be processed smoothly. And without finished the last internship in US, he can't proceed to take the last section of licensing exam in US to complete the US license. Consequently, he can't take the licensing exam in his home country for professional jobs and he works for other low-level jobs in his home country instead of working in medical field.

Then he applies other State licensing exam in US by tourist visa. He passed the exam but the point is the exam score of one of the sections he has already passed at the time within his OPT period which is common to other State is expired. That State licensing board ask him to re-take that part of exam (since the exam score of that part is expired) and his US license will be completed. However, to re-take that part of exam requires VALID US driver license or US green card or US passport (NOT expired one) for exam admission and NO OTHER COUNTRY'S ID CAN BE ACCEPTED---so since he has moved back to his home country, how can he renew his driver license?????? He was a foreign student and without any US green card or US passport but ONLY has US driver license but it is expired.

Also, in Canada, all students should have a Canadian green card before allow you to enter schools of medical field such as Medicine & Pharmacy----but in US, it is NOT the same. Since NO OTHER COUNTRY'S ID CAN BE ACCEPTED TO TAKE THIS academic exam in Medical & Health Science field in US and without any exception to accept any foreign ID for licensing exam admission, it implies that "medical and health science license" is unique to the US country---so why don't allow those foreign students get the green card? Or US can choose NOT to accept foreign students to study "Medical and Health Science" in US???????????

Personally I do think the policy "letting foreign students to study "medical and health science" but don't accept them to have foreign ID to take the exam, instead, only allow people who have US ID taking exam---------is a contradictory policy. In Canada, all those "medical and health science" field students are having Canadian green card with NO exception.

Under this situation, I really don't know how can my friend "renew his driver license" to re-take this exam" and when he can immigrate to US to fulfil his dream??? Originally he thinks that the new immigration reform will allow some foreign students to stay in US and bring money to start-up business---so where is this policy?????????????? I f this policy coming out, he can re-take this exam very fast to get his license.

So life is tough and don't know what to do sometimes!!
Medical Associations in US and Canada (even more) make it harder for foreign medical graduates to get licensed. Like wolf in sheep's clothing, on paper their mission to work for betterment of patients and people but actually the focus on creating shortage of doctors by
controlling registration process and reduce the over the couinter drugs and reduce the amount of medical procedures that nurses can do.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

How about a state-id? IMO in cases where driver's license is acceptable, ANY government-issued license is acceptable. And Visa (B1 or what have you) is good enough?

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 03-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts

Personally I totally agree with the member "go_guy123" said
"Medical Associations in US and Canada (even more) make it harder for foreign medical graduates to get licensed."-----because personally I have tried those licensing exam before in both Canada and US. I got my degree in US too but I don't have green card. I do feel it is harder for foreign graduates to pass. It takes time and if you don't have H-1B visa for you to extend the stay in US to take the exam, it is a big problem for those candidates.

I think I will ask him to think about apply state ID by his tourist visa B1/B2 but NOT sure whether he is eligible to apply it since he is living out of US.

Again, thanks a lot for the members' help and suggestion!!

I really hope the NEW immigration law will come out to help foreign graduates have a channel to apply for US immigration in the future!!

Old 03-22-2012, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/26/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
supender has a reputation beyond repute supender has a reputation beyond repute supender has a reputation beyond repute supender has a reputation beyond repute supender has a reputation beyond repute supender has a reputation beyond repute supender has a reputation beyond repute supender has a reputation beyond repute supender has a reputation beyond repute supender has a reputation beyond repute supender has a reputation beyond repute

What does your friend do. State practice vary as well as the requirement. Many a times, it about just finding the right sate which would endorse a license. Is this second exam about- Juriprudence. Please share some details, I might be able to help.