Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admchaitu will become famous soon enough admchaitu will become famous soon enough
Default Travelling after filing my 485

Hi All,

I have filed for my 485, 765 and 131 couple of days back and they have reached to USCIS yesterday morning, I have a international plan for my marriage and leaving country day after tomorrow. My lawyer says, better not to leave country until you get your receipts. i have a valid H1 stamping until end of next year.

Any previous experiences on this? i have looked at posts in forum and my findings are 50-50 opinions, But i dont find posts people mentioning they had problems for their 485 as they have not waited for their receipts.

Thank you
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-12-2012, 12:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
100mya has a spectacular aura about 100mya has a spectacular aura about
Default Receipts not important (based on my experience)

Sharing my experience

I was in the same boat as you at the beginning of this year. I got current and also had plans to go to India. I filed for my I-485, EAD/AP and just waited for the confirmation of fedex that it reached them, I did not wait for my receipts. My attorney mentioned that you need a valid i-94 to file for i-485 and once its filed you can leave the country. But i had a different scenario which I guess you might also face. I got my FP notice to appear in 4 weeks within 2 weeks of filing 485. But luckily my attorney had it covered as he also gets a copy of the FP notice and he rescheduled it for a later date, so you might want to look out for it and request your attorney to reschedule it for a date after your arrival.

Also just to add I did not have my h1 stamped in my passport so went for stamping and had no issues. When i returned after 6 weeks from my vacation I had my combo card and new FP notice in the mailbox

All the best!!!!

Old 04-12-2012, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
admchaitu will become famous soon enough admchaitu will become famous soon enough
Smile

I should appreciate your guts to leave country when you don't have valid H1 stamping, Thanks for sharing your experience. I will ask my lawyer to watch out for my FP notices. I will be coming back exactly after one month. Hope i will have my combo card in my mail box when i come back, Too much to ask

Thank you

Old 04-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute sunny1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by admchaitu View Post
Hi All,

I have filed for my 485, 765 and 131 couple of days back and they have reached to USCIS yesterday morning, I have a international plan for my marriage and leaving country day after tomorrow. My lawyer says, better not to leave country until you get your receipts. i have a valid H1 stamping until end of next year.

Any previous experiences on this? i have looked at posts in forum and my findings are 50-50 opinions, But i dont find posts people mentioning they had problems for their 485 as they have not waited for their receipts.

Thank you
I think you should be ok. The only reason you may want to wait until the receipts come thru is that if you have missed any of the initial evidence with your application, they will send it back and you will have to refile. If you are confident that the applications are complete in all aspects, you are good to go.

Have a nice, safe trip and a great wedding!

Total contibution to IV so far: $550.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.