Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepak2010 is a jewel in the rough deepak2010 is a jewel in the rough deepak2010 is a jewel in the rough
Default Vacation-Bahamas

Hello Guys
After searching several times and with no luck Iam turning to this forum for answers. My brother and kids are visiting me for vacation for 2 months.They are on B1/B2 visa.I wanted to plan a cruise vacation to Bahamas. Myself, I am on H1 and just did fingerprinting.Hoping to get EAD in next 2 months. We all have valid US visa.
My question is : Do we need a visa to the Bahamas?
I know strictly speaking..yes we need but many times these tourist countries overlook that requirement. I personally went to Jamaica 2 yrs back without a visa. They did not even bother looking for one.
Can anybody tell me their experiences.
Thanks
D
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-21-2012, 03:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/11/2012
Compare
pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts pardesibabu is infamous around these parts
Default Bahamas

Get a visa

Old 04-21-2012, 08:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2007
Compare
bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future bang has a brilliant future
Default Just Go ....

We went on a cruise to Bahamas and no =one checked our Visas. Later i had my inlaws take a cruise (with no Bahamas Visa), they were fine. Do not waste time & money on the Visa. As long as you have a US Visa OR AP you are good.
RD - July 25th 2007
Upgraded to EB2 in July 2012.
Interfiling letter sent by Attorney on Oct 1st 2012
Opened SR on Oct 15th
USCIS Requested Interfiling Letter for upgrade (No RFE, just a Mail Response sent to me) - Oct 22
Sent Interfiling Letter & email (Personal - no Attorney) - Oct 25
Opened SR on 11/15
485 Approval - end of Nov 2012.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:08 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future a_yaja has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepak2010 View Post
Hello Guys
After searching several times and with no luck Iam turning to this forum for answers. My brother and kids are visiting me for vacation for 2 months.They are on B1/B2 visa.I wanted to plan a cruise vacation to Bahamas. Myself, I am on H1 and just did fingerprinting.Hoping to get EAD in next 2 months. We all have valid US visa.
My question is : Do we need a visa to the Bahamas?
I know strictly speaking..yes we need but many times these tourist countries overlook that requirement. I personally went to Jamaica 2 yrs back without a visa. They did not even bother looking for one.
Can anybody tell me their experiences.
Thanks
D
A visa is required for Indian citizens to visit The Bahamas (Bahamas Consulate General: Requirements). But in the case of Jamaica - Indian citizens do not require a visa (http://www.congenjamaica-ny.org/visas/) to enter Jamaica. That is the reason that no one in Jamaica asked/ looked for a visa. When I was on AP, I went to Jamaica along with family for vacation and I faced no problem at Jamaica or at the port of entry in the US.

Old 04-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute
Default no Bahamas visa--- you are inviting troubles..

I went to Bahamas with valid Bahamas visa

After that my colleague [after two months] went for new york to board cruise with out visa.. .. They simply rejected and suggested him to reschedule..
I-140 approved new employer--- 24 January 2012-EB2.
One Time contribution: 4 Aug 2010 --- 50$
One Time contribution: 10 Oct 2011--- 50$
One Time contribution: 31 January 2012--100$

Old 04-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute injrav has a reputation beyond repute
Default what will happend in case of emergency evacuation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bang View Post
We went on a cruise to Bahamas and no =one checked our Visas. Later i had my inlaws take a cruise (with no Bahamas Visa), they were fine. Do not waste time & money on the Visa. As long as you have a US Visa OR AP you are good.
Lets discuss one scenario
Assume that your / my parents who are cruising needs some medical emergency and cruise people evacuated you through helicopter.
As you took very nice medical/visiting insurance,, assume that they covered every thing.. Now you are in Bahamas city and needs to come back to New york through flight..
As you donot have valid Bahamas visa.. you need to face so many troubles..
above scenario is worst case..

But for my colleague they rejected cruise entry in New york..
When i went to Bahamas through Norwegian cruise Gem,, they clearly insisted on Visa.. and whoever not having visa stamp,, they forced them to reschedule...
I-140 approved new employer--- 24 January 2012-EB2.
One Time contribution: 4 Aug 2010 --- 50$
One Time contribution: 10 Oct 2011--- 50$
One Time contribution: 31 January 2012--100$