Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts honest123 is infamous around these parts
Default Congress betray STEM graduates???????

Please see the below news link: (I am totally surprised!!!!!!)

Congress Betrays The U.S. STEM Worker Once Again | The Economic Populist

I am shocked about this news. I think US right now is in bad economy. I remember about a year ago, I have read an article online talking about how US fix the broken system ---that is to issue working permit to all science & medicine graduates who likes to work in US by paying each permit for around 200-500 US dollar and then within 10 months, those graduates who hold the working permit should find a job or start a company and then further hold the permit for about 2 years and then automatically upgraded to green card.

I think if above news is true, why NOT try the working permit method because at least US can gain some money to uplift the economy!!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by honest123 View Post

I am shocked about this news. I think US right now is in bad economy. I remember about a year ago, I have read an article online talking about how US fix the broken system ---that is to issue working permit to all science & medicine graduates who likes to work in US by paying each permit for around 200-500 US dollar and then within 10 months, those graduates who hold the working permit should find a job or start a company and then further hold the permit for about 2 years and then automatically upgraded to green card.

I think if above news is true, why NOT try the working permit method because at least US can gain some money to uplift the economy!!

That's how the political game is played. Dems won't give up Diversity visa and Reps are not big fans.

Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This was not a STEM bill. The bill and media is full of so much baloney. This was not going to help any of STEM graduates in the backlogs. Please my posts:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/3564075-post23.html
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/3564085-post26.html

Old 12-04-2012, 08:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
This was not a STEM bill. The bill and media is full of so much baloney. This was not going to help any of STEM graduates in the backlogs. Please my posts:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/3564075-post23.html
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/3564085-post26.html
I am not sure if the Congress was really serious about this bill. Not able to guess correctly what were they trying to achieve here. Understand that republicans wanted to help STEM graduates without adding additional numbers so they justify it by removing them from DIVERSITY VISA numbers but at the same time there are people here in this post who are convinced that this STEM bill wont help the STEM graduates but make it even worse for them as some people think that it will add a backlog of 100000 to 200000 in STEM queue. So if those points were not covered then what is this bill for and why to take the pain and time to read it and approve it in HOUSE, should have left it like that for 3 more weeks...

Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

It is strange that none of the high skilled folks actually read the bill, analyzed it and posted on the forum. I came to the forum after many days and surprised to see not a single post with analysis. What was everyone doing? Thank you grey hair for your excellent post. It opened my eyes.

Old 12-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all joe_blr is a name known to all

don't get disheartened, wait patiently till 2015/16...its all politics, both parties want to show they are doing something ...all these spur of activities are just political gimmick and donít get carried away...hope HR3012 get some traction

Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_blr View Post
don't get disheartened, wait patiently till 2015/16...its all politics, both parties want to show they are doing something ...all these spur of activities are just political gimmick and donít get carried away...hope HR3012 get some traction
Political game needs "facts" to play, the facts that has its reason "brought up in limelight".
Strong cause or strong leaders will get things in limelight, and now tell me where are we...
our strength needs binding and be progressive , we lack both.
We lay plan set by their rules so our plan is actually their plan....so it works just the way they want it...so we are here to rot.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/25/2007
Compare
immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute immigrant2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju_dba View Post
Political game needs "facts" to play, the facts that has its reason "brought up in limelight".
Strong cause or strong leaders will get things in limelight, and now tell me where are we...
our strength needs binding and be progressive , we lack both.
We lay plan set by their rules so our plan is actually their plan....so it works just the way they want it...so we are here to rot.
agree. we know how we are

Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute harakiri has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Did you even bother to read the link you posted? It is about as ANTI IMMIGRANT as it can get, request admins to take action.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 02-05-2013, 07:39 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

The bill labeled as STEM bill in the House last year was not actually a STEM bill. It was the handy work of some immigration lawyers whose goal is to keep immigrants in green card limbo so they can earn more money. Be careful about any bill labelled as STEM because in Congress only labels matter and special interest uses all sorts of labels to push for their agenda.