Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc
You have big If for fixing backlog issue. Is there any bill/reform/rule that is doing that? Answer is none that I know of. But there is a rule that is being proposed for H4s who are waiting for a really long time which has good chance of becoming a final rule.

I know people are talking about CIR. But there are lot of questions like will it help EB immigration? Will it even pass? Do we(EB) have enough muscle power to make it pass?

When President the Congress is taking about CIR bill, why would they want to pass a rule for 'letting H-4 to work' outside of CIR? Sorry if I did not explain it properly earlier. When everyone is talking about CIR, why will they do H4 work authorization rule? Think about it.

I and a few others here are not opposed to the rule for 'letting H-4 to work'. We are just trying to explain the issue. And if CIR is being discussed, should people at the table talk about backlogs or 'letting H-4 to work'?

The types of Rams, yeda are anti immigrants. They are just asking nefarious questions like will EB relief be there in CIR - or - will it ever pass etc

What I have learned from these forums is that no one knows ahead of time if it will pass or not. But all bets are off and nothing else can happen outside of CIR when big guns make a decision to do CIR. Please don't blame me or others for this. This is what the people in powers decide.

Will CIR happen for sure - no one can tell yet. Will CIR have things to fix backlogs - there is no doubt. Will it contain 'letting H4 to work', I think it will but no one knows for sure. What can we do? Add our voice to pass CIR, that's all
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 12:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Greyhair I think the H4 rule must be opposed.

If it passes then it will affect all other better rules. H4 problem is a symptom of the big backlog disease. Once people get H4 rule many will not even want backlogs cleared. It will be a blow to the efforts of high skilled community. Right now the reason people are still asking for bill is because of the wait time and 50% of the people not being able to work on H4. Once we have H4 rule there will be little incentive to ask for a bill?

H4 bill will also introduce many people in the job market that will negatively affect anything else we want. Better get the real thing like backlog reduction aka medicine for the disease of backlog.

We must all write to USCIS against the H4 rule and reject it.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Rams2012 ran away like a rat when asked to give his info. Ha Ha Ha

Old 01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtummala View Post
what does it mean .. r you against ROW ..
I am against the pests from ROW that are racist and selfish. This does not mean all ROW. I am also against pests from non-ROW too.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:18 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post

If it passes then it will affect all other better rules. H4 problem is a symptom of the big backlog disease. Once people get H4 rule many will not even want backlogs cleared. It will be a blow to the efforts of high skilled community. Right now the reason people are still asking for bill is because of the wait time and 50% of the people not being able to work on H4. Once we have H4 rule there will be little incentive to ask for a bill?

H4 bill will also introduce many people in the job market that will negatively affect anything else we want. Better get the real thing like backlog reduction aka medicine for the disease of backlog.

I disagree with you. Letting H4 to work should pass. For long time my wife could not work so I know the feeling. Probably you did not experience this so you don't know the problem.

Based on what the President said and based on media comments from Senators, the bill will have things to address green card backlog. It will not hurt if immigration bill has something to let H-4 to work in the bill.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:25 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams2012 View Post
Do you want to give a company? I can offer you beer also. Also I have Indian snakes like mixture,Samosa etc. You are welcome to my house any time.
Smells like racist comments

Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Do you want to give a company? I can offer you beer also. Also I have Indian snakes like mixture,Samosa etc. You are welcome to my house any time.
I find it funny the way a small typo changes snacks to snakes? Or is it just some ROW troll who has no clue what he is saying?

Old 01-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishalgupta2 View Post
I find it funny the way a small typo changes snacks to snakes? Or is it just some ROW troll who has no clue what he is saying?
This is not a typo. It has 7 differences in key strokes:

snacks
snakes

Rams2012 is not a ROW either. He is anti-immigrant. People like him want all immigrants to leave.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute vishalgupta2 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
This is not a typo. It has 7 differences in key strokes:

snacks
snakes

Rams2012 is not a ROW either. He is anti-immigrant. People like him want all immigrants to leave.
I was just being polite there.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Read the article.
A Hard Line on Immigration Reform Lurks in Obama's Inaugural Speech - Businessweek
If any releif happens it will happen with or without IV. Everyone realized that high skilled immigration is top priority. I am sure it will happen even without your effort if time comes. Before that it will not happen whatever effort if you take. I can bet that you will not get any relief if CIR fails this year. Can you deny that? Of course if CIR passes you will get a big relief. Even IV core understands that. If you do not like truth you will use the words coward or cancer. Truth is always bitter. Why should I beg for green card in TV? If USA needs you they will give green card to you. If you want to get green card faster you have options like upgrading to EB2 or even EB1. You do not have a patience to take criticism how can I trust you and follow you if you are leader? How can your effort succeed? These tendencies might have sent many IV members out. Anyhow it is upto you to change or you are free to use dirty words(Yes it is democratic forum????)
If any relief will happen with or without this forum then why are you wasting your time here?

I can smell wolf in sheep's skin. People who are against immigration bill or people who don't want to see it pass will try to invoke fear of a failure. You anti immigrants will say things like - What if it doesn't pass?

You are trying to discourage people like me from giving my voice to support a bill so that people here are not telling their stories on TV. Now you are scared that immigration bill might pass this time so you are throwing out nefarious ideas to stop people like to participate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams2012
Everyone is already aware so EB is a top priority
Is it not possible that everyone is now aware of EB issues because people who went out told their story? Don't you think it's possible that people like us have influenced the debate and we need to just do what we have been doing?

Quote:
even without your effort if time comes
Everyone will get when the time comes. Does it mean everyone should stop working and doing anything and just wait for the "time to come"

Quote:
If CIR fails, then no relief this year
There are things we can control and then there are things we cannot control. No one knows if CIR will pass, not one know if it will fail. Only people who want it to fail, want to infuse fear of failure and the hell after that. You are from Tamil Naidu, you sure know that Gita says do the karma and not worry about failure.

Quote:
US will give green card if they need you, Why should I beg for green card in TV
US needs me, which is why I'm here. I'm here on the invitation of my employer. It is in my interest to ask for things that are important for me and my family. No one is begging. We are asking for fairness, nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
These tendencies might have sent many IV members out
Are you one of those crazy disgruntled IV member who was banned? That explains.

Quote:
Yes it is democratic forum?
Funny that after saying everything that you want to say, after attacking people like me on this forum, after telling us that we are nothing because US doesn't want us - now you question if the forum is democratic

Old 01-22-2013, 01:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts

Quote:
I am against the pests from ROW that are racist and selfish. This does not mean all ROW. I am also against pests from non-ROW too.
i am sorry to ask this ..
whats wrong did they do ..

Old 01-22-2013, 01:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I am glad IV doesn't share the same view as yours. This is worst anti-immigrant comment I heard.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

The root cause of the problem is greencard delays. H4 issue is a by product.

So by asking for H4 permit we undermine the action items for main work.if the root cause is solved, H4 will get greencards and they can work too.

In 2007 everyone got EAD and stopped doing action items. This is why we did not get bill passed in 2008. We should not make the mistake and go for the root cause. Let us stop being selfish and see the big picture.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhair View Post
When President the Congress is taking about CIR bill, why would they want to pass a rule for 'letting H-4 to work' outside of CIR? Sorry if I did not explain it properly earlier. When everyone is talking about CIR, why will they do H4 work authorization rule? Think about it.

I and a few others here are not opposed to the rule for 'letting H-4 to work'. We are just trying to explain the issue. And if CIR is being discussed, should people at the table talk about backlogs or 'letting H-4 to work'?

The types of Rams, yeda are anti immigrants. They are just asking nefarious questions like will EB relief be there in CIR - or - will it ever pass etc

What I have learned from these forums is that no one knows ahead of time if it will pass or not. But all bets are off and nothing else can happen outside of CIR when big guns make a decision to do CIR. Please don't blame me or others for this. This is what the people in powers decide.

Will CIR happen for sure - no one can tell yet. Will CIR have things to fix backlogs - there is no doubt. Will it contain 'letting H4 to work', I think it will but no one knows for sure. What can we do? Add our voice to pass CIR, that's all
This will have very small impact so I don't think administration will put effort to block this. Whereas STEM bill takes away visas from diversity queue so they could take a clear stance.

IV has the ability to make this happen. If this happens IV will have more supporters (Current generation of GC applicants). Imagine I go home and tell my family I am donating money to an organization which doesn't care about you vs an organization who fought for your EAD.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts

Quote:

"H4 problem is a symptom of the big backlog disease" true ..

"H4 bill will also introduce many people in the job market that will negatively affect anything else we want. Better get the real thing like backlog reduction aka medicine for the disease of backlog." they get the work permit if back log issue is resolved ..
i oppose your opinion on this .. i prefer that they should able to do job ..