Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CKR can only hope to improve
Default E verify -Immigration Reform

E-Verify: Immigration Reform's Threat To Legal Workers - Forbes

Please make sure that you notify Social security Administration office after each change of status.
The total life time changes to your SSN records is 10 per life time and 3 per calendar year.

Recently one of my friend had to go through this as his SSN could not be verified and had to run between SSN offices.

-CKR
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts

i dont think you need to notify SSA about your change of status ..
records from USCIS will flow through all other systems timely fashion ..
if it is not flown through systems then in E-verify it show as decision pending .
if you are interested reed MOU .

Old 01-10-2013, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CKR can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by chtummala View Post
i dont think you need to notify SSA about your change of status ..
records from USCIS will flow through all other systems timely fashion ..
if it is not flown through systems then in E-verify it show as decision pending .
if you are interested reed MOU .
Agree Saar, That was my understanding too, till my friend had to physically go to the SSN office and update his records. He was told that it is his responsibility to notify SSN office after each change of status and he was posted a new card with "DHS Authorization Required" Removed from the SSN Card. BTW ...his change of Status was done one and half year ago.

I am not sure how Correctly/Timely/exactly the "Automatic Flow" of Records from USCIS to SSA is going on, but Just to be safe side, I would recommend that we take it upon ourselves to at least check with SSA for the updated status.
Just My two paisa..

-CKR

Old 01-10-2013, 01:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts chtummala is infamous around these parts

1. If the Employer receives a tentative nonconfirmation issued by SSA, the Employer
must print the notice as directed by the E-Verify system and provide it to the employee
so that the employee may determine whether he or she will contest the tentative
nonconfirmation. The Employer must review the tentative nonconfirmation with the
employee in private.
2. The Employer will refer employees to SSA field offices only as directed by the
automated system based on a tentative nonconfirmation, and only after the Employer
records the case verification number, reviews the input to detect any transaction errors,
and determines that the employee contests the tentative nonconfirmation. The Employer
will transmit the Social Security Number to SSA for verification again if this review
indicates a need to do so. The Employer will determine whether the employee contests
the tentative nonconfirmation as soon as possible after the Employer receives it.
3. If the employee contests an SSA tentative nonconfirmation, the Employer will provide
the employee with a system-generated referral letter and instruct the employee to visit
an SSA office within 8 Federal Government work days. SSA will electronically transmit
the result of the referral to the Employer within 10 Federal Government work days of the
Page 8 of 13 | E-Verify MOU for Employer | Revision Date 09/01/09 USCIS - E-Verify Company ID Number:
referral unless it determines that more than 10 days is necessary. The Employer agrees
to check the E-Verify system regularly for case updates.
4. The Employer agrees not to ask the employee to obtain a printout from the Social
Security Number database (the Numident) or other written verification of the Social
Security Number from the SSA.