Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 03:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute

So if BLS asks for clarification of why they see 2 more applications for the same passport? what would you answer be? I asked them and mum is the word.
Legal immunity protects them. All you can do is file a complaint with policy and FBI.

Wish you smooth sailing and hope u don't have to get into any mess like these. glad to there is still some place in homeland where things move without any greasing.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakdepatte View Post
So if BLS asks for clarification of why they see 2 more applications for the same passport? what would you answer be? I asked them and mum is the word.
Legal immunity protects them. All you can do is file a complaint with policy and FBI.

Wish you smooth sailing and hope u don't have to get into any mess like these. glad to there is still some place in homeland where things move without any greasing.

They are NOT protected by legal immunity. BLS is a private company doing business in US. They have no more protection than (say) Walmart. Legal immunity is for diplomats (officials in consulate) not for BLS. Depending on your state , you can even go to small claims court against them in your local county court (even though they are not located in your state). I know that is the rule in MA where plaintiff has the option to file a complaint in plaintiffs county/town of residence or town where the defendent is doing business.
One point --- if you file a lawsuit and if they can prove that they are not wrong, they can countersue you for their cost to defend the case. But if you are sure they were wrong , I say go ahead. This is what is needed in stead of ranting in forums.

Corruption is rampant in India but if you are persistent, you can get many things done without greasing . Apart from getting our passport , I have got land phone connection of our home (back in 90s) , Driving license , car registration, etc. without greasing ..... in some case , I just had to make a complaint to the higher up. For example, when our landphone was not getting activated (because we did not grease the workers who installed it) , I met the DGM and the phone was activated in less than 20 minutes ! I have done this in many different area -- from Banking Ombudsman to TRAI to Grievance portal and it all worked

It takes time and patience. For example, for passport application (in India) , I spent half a day travelling to passport office in Dadar, waiting in queue. Went for a second day because I forgot to take some of documents on day one (my mistake). But I travelled miles and stood in queue for a US visa as well .... so why complain ?

I have done similar things here too -- - threatened apartment manage to take to court (and they refunded security deposit), filed complaint with DOT against airlines (and they paid), complaint to Department of Insurance etc.

I made it a policy not to bribe or accept something wrong but with age I do not know how long I can hold it ....

Old 04-11-2014, 11:13 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

No business has any immunity in US. You can sue. You can even sue US government. All it takes a will and much you want to stand up for yourself. But if posting on website and petition is your solution then there is actually no problem that you are complaining about in my opinion. Such postings are found in tons on all immigration forms and I doubt if a single one has taken it on himself to fix it. People should not be trying to find sympathizers on forums but people whom they can team up and fix the issue. This is why IV was formed. But we as Indians and immigrants here are either scared or lazy to stand up for ourselves. This is why people with criminal backgrounds, rapists, murderers and corrupt politicians and officials rule India because they are selected with Indians who care less if the country goes to dogs. As India goes to elections I feel pained to see what India has become. In the case of Passport, there is RTI, media and other tools to make lot of noise and force the government to fix the problem to avoid bad publicity of the country abroad, if you do not want to file a lawsuit.

I was also surprised by the comment from the poster when he said 'BLS has immunity'. I would be interested in knowing where he got that information on and why he posted such comment. If educated Indians who come to US have such level of awareness then what about the common person in India? No wonder we hear so many stories of how immigrants are screwed by employers here. It explains it. This is why I said on other thread that people from the most backlogged country deserve to be backlogged unless they stand up for themselves.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 04-11-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Old 04-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Ahimsa is on a distinguished road
Default BLS - what option is there for me?

I applied for passport renewal through mail on Feb 7, 2014.
BLS site showed missing nationality form.
Why do they need a nationality form if I already hold an Indian passport?
I sent the form immediately to BLS. BLS received it.
Still after 2 months BLS did not update my application status.
Their phone is not answering my call. They don't respond to my emails too.
I also notified Indian embassy about BLS's no response. Embassy also did not respond.

I am confused what kind of option I have. I am 550 miles away so meeting BLS in person would really help?

Also, is BLS going away after May 2014?

I need the renewed passport to renew my EAD.

Can someone give me your thoughts?

Old 04-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Default Bls

If anyone is interested to know how to make BLS responsible, please read on.
Yesterday I filed a complaint with BBB.org on BLS NY center's inept response to my passport renewal application.
Voila! BBB did the magic!!
The very next day, i.e., today, BLS started processing my application again!!!

So, BBB.org is VERY GOOD.

Old 04-18-2014, 12:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute Desertfox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
If anyone is interested to know how to make BLS responsible, please read on.
Yesterday I filed a complaint with BBB.org on BLS NY center's inept response to my passport renewal application.
Voila! BBB did the magic!!
The very next day, i.e., today, BLS started processing my application again!!!

So, BBB.org is VERY GOOD.
Useful information... thank you for sharing, Ahimsa!

By the way, is there any specific reason you need your passport for EAD renewal? I thought if you have a driver's license issued here in the US you may use a copy for the identity verification with USCIS. Also I-765 instruction on USCIS website says that you may submit copy of your previous EAD for renewal application. In fact I did not include passport copy with my last two EAD renewals.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
Default EAD and passport

I renewed my EAD through my attorney for the last 3 times.
Each time he asked for copies of non-blank passport pages.
I don't know why my attorney asked for passport pages.
I will ask him this time.
Thanks for the info that I don't need to submit passport pages!

Old 06-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
I am trying to renew my passport using postal service from Washington DC. The Passport order form request Airway Bill numbers. So i should be going to USPS or FEDEx first and get airway bills and put the number here?
They need 1 for each sending the documents and returning. am i understanding this process correctly?
Whats the difference between shipping label and return Airway bill?

please help, anyone on this thread.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2007
Compare
sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute sanju_dba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sac-r-ten View Post
Hi all,
I am trying to renew my passport using postal service from Washington DC. The Passport order form request Airway Bill numbers. So i should be going to USPS or FEDEx first and get airway bills and put the number here?
They need 1 for each sending the documents and returning. am i understanding this process correctly?
Whats the difference between shipping label and return Airway bill?

please help, anyone on this thread.
Airway bill is tracking number of any courier. one for sending one for your self addressed envelop with return tracking number postage paid.
You can use FEDEX or USPS, after so much of hassle I suggest you use Fedex.
also do not buy MO from USPS its expensive than a bank / walmart

After renewing my wife's passport , apply my son's PIO card , visa transfer of my daughter, all of them in last 3 months , I have earned a prospective consultant position
for Indian Embassy on improvements

Old 06-19-2014, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanju_dba View Post
Airway bill is tracking number of any courier. one for sending one for your self addressed envelop with return tracking number postage paid.
You can use FEDEX or USPS, after so much of hassle I suggest you use Fedex.
also do not buy MO from USPS its expensive than a bank / walmart

After renewing my wife's passport , apply my son's PIO card , visa transfer of my daughter, all of them in last 3 months , I have earned a prospective consultant position
for Indian Embassy on improvements
Firstly, thanks Sanju_dba for your response.
So heres what the confusion is. The BLS Passport Order Form asks for Airway bills, so i need to just walk into a Fedex and pick up 2 Airway bill (i hope they won't charge for just picking up the bills) and come back to site and fill up the BLS Passport Orger Form, right?

So that the shipping label, which BLS mentions number of times in various instructions? its so confusing?

Old 06-19-2014, 05:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute

Sac-r-ten:
I replied you on other post. For FedEx airbill#, you don't need to go physically.
You can create a free online FedEx account which will setup your credit card or bank account with it.
Then in shipping section of website, you can create your sendling label + return label. Both will have tracking number that will be your airbill number. While creating shipping label itself, with different options - like without signature required optiion, or signature required option at delivery time.....it will show you the cost also.

Once you have created this labels, you can print, and with your parcel ready, give it to any nearby fedex location. If you have return label, don't forget to include one extra return cover, in your cover which you send with your original passport and supporting docs.

Hopefully, this helps instead of you and Pappu sue poor BLS as already they lost their contract for PIO/OCI/Visa and other matters to a new provider.

Old 06-23-2014, 01:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewTiger View Post
Sac-r-ten:
I replied you on other post. For FedEx airbill#, you don't need to go physically.
You can create a free online FedEx account which will setup your credit card or bank account with it.
Then in shipping section of website, you can create your sendling label + return label. Both will have tracking number that will be your airbill number. While creating shipping label itself, with different options - like without signature required optiion, or signature required option at delivery time.....it will show you the cost also.

Once you have created this labels, you can print, and with your parcel ready, give it to any nearby fedex location. If you have return label, don't forget to include one extra return cover, in your cover which you send with your original passport and supporting docs.

Hopefully, this helps instead of you and Pappu sue poor BLS as already they lost their contract for PIO/OCI/Visa and other matters to a new provider.
Really appreciate the detailed reply @NewTiger. thanks

Old 07-26-2014, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default Got it

Got my spouse's passport renewed using the BLS service in just under 3 weeks. Thanks to all you folks for having a 'healthy' discussion here that help me achieve this great feat called as 'passport renewal from BLS'. lol.

cheers.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cpujar is on a distinguished road
Default Status of passport not known even after 3 weeks

I have had a horrible experience with my passport renewal. My son's passport was sent on the 14th Jan & as per the UPS status was delivered on 15th Jan 10 am. Till date I have not been able to get a status on the BLS site. I have been calling the helpdesk everyday twice (after the long wait of 20 minutes at times & even they disconnecting the calls) I just get rolled over by various helpdesk guys to call back the next day. I even have a Ticket issued which promised me a reply within 24 hours...& it has been more than 4 days now.

The Escalations & direct emails to Washington passport offices also have no changes...I am now worried whether my passport is safe with them?

I had better experience in India when i got the passport in flat 3 weeks for my wife & son.

The helpdesk guys were also not courteous they even told me there is nothing to understand, if you want more details, just walk in to the Consulate yourself, but they did not provide me any other escalation mechanism. Horrible attitude & horrible english as well. Would be great if anyone has any other information on how to Escalate things other than the links provided on their website.

Thanks in advance

Old 02-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold
Default My experience was different

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpujar View Post
I have had a horrible experience with my passport renewal. My son's passport was sent on the 14th Jan & as per the UPS status was delivered on 15th Jan 10 am. Till date I have not been able to get a status on the BLS site. I have been calling the helpdesk everyday twice (after the long wait of 20 minutes at times & even they disconnecting the calls) I just get rolled over by various helpdesk guys to call back the next day. I even have a Ticket issued which promised me a reply within 24 hours...& it has been more than 4 days now.

The Escalations & direct emails to Washington passport offices also have no changes...I am now worried whether my passport is safe with them?

I had better experience in India when i got the passport in flat 3 weeks for my wife & son.

The helpdesk guys were also not courteous they even told me there is nothing to understand, if you want more details, just walk in to the Consulate yourself, but they did not provide me any other escalation mechanism. Horrible attitude & horrible english as well. Would be great if anyone has any other information on how to Escalate things other than the links provided on their website.

Thanks in advance
I had my spouses passport renewed last month. I also had to do the name splitting as her original passport had Given Name field blank and it resulted in FNU/No name in lot of US documents.

Agreed the check list is tedious and it takes at least one full day for consolidating documents/notarizing for the same. I had called the help desk too for some clarification, the wait time was about 20 minutes. However the service representative was courteous and helpful with the info I asked. I had taken a walk in appointment at NYC center and they were reasonably helpful to people who have missed some documents. I was told it will take about 2 weeks to receive the new passport, however it was ready after a week and we got the email stating that. The collection time was from 3-4 pm. I was in the office at 4:10 pm expecting them to shoo me away. However they got my spouses passport and was very courteous.

This was my personal experience.