Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Indian Passport Renewal

Does anyone have the Phone number of BLS International, NEw York -- the company that handles Indian Passport renewal . The number on the website does not work (says disconnected).

Also, any recent experience on Indian PAssport Renewal from New York . How long does it take ?

Old 10-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
Gumnaam is on a distinguished road

This number worked for me.. 201-205-2096
I think its a central customer service number for three service centers - Washington DC, New York and Atlanta.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare
krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute krishmunn has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumnaam View Post
This number worked for me.. 201-205-2096
I think its a central customer service number for three service centers - Washington DC, New York and Atlanta.
Did you call recently ? I am trying today and it says "You have reached a non working number" !

Old 10-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare

I called just before posting the response to you and was able to get thru.
Sorry, My application is only a week old and hence don't know how long it will take.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mk6803 is on a distinguished road

I got my passport renewed at BLS in August end. It took about 2 weeks... they fedexed it back to me.

Old 10-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/17/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute sac-r-ten has a reputation beyond repute

the 201-xxx.xxxx number is non-working. after 3 rings you get that message.
On the site they have different numbers. try that.

New York
BLS Visa Application Center
6th Floor,
Building Number 13
East 37th Street
Between 5th and Madison
NY 10016
Helpline : +1-855-436-0725, +1-888-683-7830
Phone : +1-646-656-0998

Old 10-08-2013, 10:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6803 View Post
I got my passport renewed at BLS in August end. It took about 2 weeks... they fedexed it back to me.
Thanks! I sent my package yesterday. Hopefully they will process fast. I have a trip to India planned in December.

BTW, I was able to get the 201 number after Gumnaam confirmed . It said "number not in service " a couple of times but with persistent effort I was able to get connected. I guess they keep a recorded "not in service" message to discourage callers

Old 10-08-2013, 11:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mk6803 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishmunn View Post
Thanks! I sent my package yesterday. Hopefully they will process fast. I have a trip to India planned in December.

BTW, I was able to get the 201 number after Gumnaam confirmed . It said "number not in service " a couple of times but with persistent effort I was able to get connected. I guess they keep a recorded "not in service" message to discourage callers
Key is that it takes about 2 weeks from when they touch it and load it to the system... I submitted it in person since many online fora mentioned that they let the envelops unopened for a week or two of receipt... when you submit in person, the status changes to Sent to Consulate the next day itself since they have verified that everything is in order before taking your paperwork... I would recommend submit in person and collect by return fedex...

Old 10-08-2013, 11:53 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk6803 View Post
Key is that it takes about 2 weeks from when they touch it and load it to the system... I submitted it in person since many online fora mentioned that they let the envelops unopened for a week or two of receipt... when you submit in person, the status changes to Sent to Consulate the next day itself since they have verified that everything is in order before taking your paperwork... I would recommend submit in person and collect by return fedex...
Unfortunately, I am not in a position to submit in person . Submitting in person means I will need to take a PTO which I cannot afford at this time. I will be using all my PTO days for trip to India

Old 10-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold
Default passport renewal - photos

Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread. But since you guys have applied recently, I wanted to know how many photos are needed. The BLS website does not list it correctly. It says 3 are needed. When I called BLS (at 201-205-2096), the customer service person said, 7 are needed! 3 for nationality verification form, 1 for the application, and 3 extra (stapled to the application). There is no way anybody would have sent 7, because the website does not say 7 anywhere. Not sure why they have made it so complicated. Any ideas?

Old 10-08-2013, 07:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nshalady View Post
Hi,

Sorry to hijack this thread. But since you guys have applied recently, I wanted to know how many photos are needed. The BLS website does not list it correctly. It says 3 are needed. When I called BLS (at 201-205-2096), the customer service person said, 7 are needed! 3 for nationality verification form, 1 for the application, and 3 extra (stapled to the application). There is no way anybody would have sent 7, because the website does not say 7 anywhere. Not sure why they have made it so complicated. Any ideas?
I have sent 7. I agree it is very confusing but if you read all the docs available you will find that it says 3 nationality verification + 1 on form + 3 extra (I put those in a small envelop) . I needed one more for my child -- change in appearance. Also needed tonns of notarized affidavit one even to be signed by the child.

They have instructions and checklists listed in at least 3 different docs and each of these is slightly different from the other!!!

During last renewal , it was being hanled by consulate directly and things were MUCH simpler.

Old 10-08-2013, 07:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/20/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2007
Compare
nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold nshalady is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Krishmunn! I'll also send 7 to be safe. As you said, the required docs list is different in different places of the website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishmunn View Post
I have sent 7. I agree it is very confusing but if you read all the docs available you will find that it says 3 nationality verification + 1 on form + 3 extra (I put those in a small envelop) . I needed one more for my child -- change in appearance. Also needed tonns of notarized affidavit one even to be signed by the child.

They have instructions and checklists listed in at least 3 different docs and each of these is slightly different from the other!!!

During last renewal , it was being hanled by consulate directly and things were MUCH simpler.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare

I too had put in 7 photos exactly as Krishmunn has indicated.
Also, I sent by fedex and it was in something like "under processing" status for a day after reaching BLS New York. Then the very next day it changed to "Processing at Consulate General". Its been a week since then. I will post here as soon as I see a change in status.

Old 10-21-2013, 06:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
Default Status Changed to 'Ready for dispatch'

Today my application status changed to "Ready for Dispatch". It has been less than three weeks since BLS had received my application (and I think there were couple of holidays in these weeks). I am impressed with the turnaround.

Old 10-21-2013, 10:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2012
Compare

My one was lying with BLS for 5 days without even showing up in their system. I had to escalate through their escalation mechanism to make it move. It moved to Ready to send to Consulate , then Processing at Consulate but again changed back to Ready to send to Consulate. I again sent mail and they confirmed it is actually sent to Consulate but status still shows Ready to send to Consulate. I am totally confused. This is the second week . I think by end of this week, I will escalate again with copy to consulate