Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jenmom is on a distinguished road
Default Limit on wire amount from India to US?

That's my question! My US owned company in Bangalore says they can't wire money to my US checking account because the amount is too large. It's only $4,000. I think I can wire that on my own from Western Union. I can't seem to get a straight answer.

Are there tax implications if it's my company or myself? HR doesn't seem to know. Thanks.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute chakdepatte has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Done that

there is no limit as per se but Western Union blocked my transfer. they called me, had a ton of questions clarifying why that much amount. they were satisfied and also checked if I had more transactions like these planned.

they ask questions like, who are you sending, why, did you meet the person in person.
its to check fraud, money laundering and some regulations to comply with.

ensure u answer the follow up call from western union.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jenmom is on a distinguished road
Default Thanks

The information is helpful if I'm going to wire money myself. I don't need to have anyone set up 2 checking accounts. I know there are always a lot of regulations and hoops to jump through.

The burning question is why this would be a problem for my company? They must do this all the time.

At any rate, I know the 2 checking account thing isn't true. I can handle the rest.

Thanks!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wiring money from India...

Is this really that dfficult ?

I am thinking of having some 15 to 20k wired from India to here.
In my case will be money sent by family in India .

A friend of mine recently wired money from France to US and I bleieve had no issues.

So guess the problem is from India ? not to get into the US ?
Made phone calls to senators during various phone campaigns !!

Old 04-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute ca_immigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default looks simple enough

I believe I had talked to ICICI recently and they told me it should be straight forward.

(see details below)

Outward Remittance | Send Money Abroad | Remittance Services - ICICI Bank
Made phone calls to senators during various phone campaigns !!