Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2014, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default 2014 for CIR

Another new year..I have been a member of this group for the past 8 years. I have attended rallies, sent flowers, donated miles /been to meetings with congressmen and senators aides, etc. I finally got my green card last year (2013) by upgrading to EB-2. I would humbly ask everyone here not to give up hope. I would ask the leaders of IV to provide direction to us so that we may do something.

I feel that the group is losing steam. I know there are things happening in the background but a vast majority of people are not aware of it. There are no mails coming in the IV (Northeast chapter) Yahoo groups. Part of it is my own fault. I have been busy last 1 year with my porting. But there are many who cannot port. Also porting is not a zero sum game. By porting I have taken away green cards of other EB2 people who are in line after me. So we need to find a sustainable solution to reduce the backlog.

I am in touch with my congressman Rush Holt's aides. They assure me that the congressman is aware of our plight. I got a personal reply from the Rutgers University president, to whom I corresponded my disappointment that he was supporting instate tuition for undocumented aliens, yet did not do anything for legal H1-B people.

At this point I just want to know what I can do. I feel out of the loop. Even though I have received my green card, I still remember the disappointment I shared with my compatriots here many years ago when Hillary Clinton voted against visa recapture. I have made a resolution this year to help the much maligned EB crowd in which I belonged for so many years.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough asaxena is a jewel in the rough

I am also struck up in backlog. I am on EAD.I am working for a Japanese MNC.
I joined it last year using AC 21. I was planning to request my manager, if they can start a GC process in EB2 ,and I can port my priority date.

It looks very unlikely they will file a new case in EB 2 FOR me.
Though I am eligible.

This is based of experience of a fellow employee.
I can move to another employer, who can do the filing

That will mean, leaving a big company for a small consulting company.
What was your experience regarding porting?

Old 01-02-2014, 07:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute njboy has a reputation beyond repute

porting is easier than you think.. If you work for a genuine company, they won't even ask anything. Problems arise if you work for a desi consultancy with only few employees, doing business out of their house. I did porting with the same employer.

Old 01-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute Suva has a reputation beyond repute

Rush Holt is also my congressman. It seems you are from my area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njboy View Post
Another new year..I have been a member of this group for the past 8 years. I have attended rallies, sent flowers, donated miles /been to meetings with congressmen and senators aides, etc. I finally got my green card last year (2013) by upgrading to EB-2. I would humbly ask everyone here not to give up hope. I would ask the leaders of IV to provide direction to us so that we may do something.

I feel that the group is losing steam. I know there are things happening in the background but a vast majority of people are not aware of it. There are no mails coming in the IV (Northeast chapter) Yahoo groups. Part of it is my own fault. I have been busy last 1 year with my porting. But there are many who cannot port. Also porting is not a zero sum game. By porting I have taken away green cards of other EB2 people who are in line after me. So we need to find a sustainable solution to reduce the backlog.

I am in touch with my congressman Rush Holt's aides. They assure me that the congressman is aware of our plight. I got a personal reply from the Rutgers University president, to whom I corresponded my disappointment that he was supporting instate tuition for undocumented aliens, yet did not do anything for legal H1-B people.

At this point I just want to know what I can do. I feel out of the loop. Even though I have received my green card, I still remember the disappointment I shared with my compatriots here many years ago when Hillary Clinton voted against visa recapture. I have made a resolution this year to help the much maligned EB crowd in which I belonged for so many years.

Old 01-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Suva,
Yes there are quite a few people from NJ. I attended a meeting many years ago in Fords NJ and there were many people from the tri-state area. PM me if you are in touch with the core group or want my help with advocacy.