Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2015, 11:45 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
20cs06 is on a distinguished road
Post Anybody travelled to india via paris using AP

hi,

I contacted French Embassy and they said transit visa is not required if our passport has expired or unexpired visa stamp.

Since I need to use AP doc do i still need transit visa...pls let me know....


anybody travelled via paris without tranist visa using AP...pls let us know...
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-31-2015, 04:24 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 102
hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of
Default went through this mess 1 month ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20cs06 View Post
hi,

I contacted French Embassy and they said transit visa is not required if our passport has expired or unexpired visa stamp.

Since I need to use AP doc do i still need transit visa...pls let me know....


anybody travelled via paris without tranist visa using AP...pls let us know...
So I've been through Paris 3 times over the past year using AP from USA to India with no issues. This last month however, while i was checking in, Delta airlines suddenly told me I cannot travel and i need a Transit Visa. They showed me the French Consulate website in the US that says i need it. I didn't have an expired Visa since it was a new Passport. After much fighting they offloaded my family and I and i had to take an Emirates flight via Dubai 3 days later. Very long and harrowing journey and extremely frustrating.
In India however, when we contacted the French Consulate, they said we dont need a transit Visa and there is no mention of it on their website. We fought with Delta and had us changed back to flying via Paris. There was no issue in Paris during transit and the AP is absolutely fine.

So there is major inconsistency with US Airlines information & knowledge, double standards in French consulate information and these two entities don't seem to talk to each other and you could end up being stranded at the airport without being allowed to fly.

I would probably check with the airline before flying - and make sure you note down the name of the agent that tells you on the phone its fine to fly because when you arrive at the airport they will claim the agent will never have told you its ok, and its been the law for the past 10 years to require transit visas and you, the customer is lying.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2015, 08:39 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
20cs06 is on a distinguished road
Default transit visa through Paris

thanks for your reply. I am getting really confusion. Actually My flight is booked form Detriot to bangalore, through Delta/KLM airlines but traveling through Airfrance form detriot to bangalore. Even Airfrance told me that transit visa is not required and also embassy sent mail transit visa is not required......but in website it clearly says for AP holders transit visa is required
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2015, 08:44 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 141
sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute sukhwinderd has a reputation beyond repute
Default check these links

http://www.staralliance.com/en/services/visa-and-health/#

http://www.united.com/web/en-us/apps/vendors/default.aspx?i=timatic

posted here as well.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/forum107-interesting-topics/3096258-transit-visa-at-frankfurt-airport-with-ead-ap.html
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2015, 05:16 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 133
AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold AceMan is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20cs06 View Post
thanks for your reply. I am getting really confusion. Actually My flight is booked form Detriot to bangalore, through Delta/KLM airlines but traveling through Airfrance form detriot to bangalore. Even Airfrance told me that transit visa is not required and also embassy sent mail transit visa is not required......but in website it clearly says for AP holders transit visa is required
If you think the website is correct, please take the visa. If you think Air France is correct then don't take the visa. Either ways you are correct.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2015, 06:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 102
hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of
Default

Sorry for the long winded message, but i extracted this from the French consulate in Chicago. The main point to note here is that at the bottom - even if you don't come under the transit visa not required category, you only need one if you are from the list of countries mentioned and India is not one of them. Therefore you dont need it. You can print this info out and take it with you to the airport....

- Do I need an airport transit visa ?
- You DO NOT NEED an airport transit visa if you :

hold a valid Schengen visa, national long-stay visa or residence permit issued by one of the European Union countries;

hold a valid residence permit issued by Andorra, Canada, Japan, San Marino or the United States of America. For the US, valid residence permits are :

Form I-551 Permanent resident card (valid for 2 to 10 years),
Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (valid for 2 to 10 years),
Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (no expiry date),
Form I-327 Re-entry document (valid for two years — issued to holders of a I-551),
Resident alien card (valid for 2 or 10 years or no expiry date. This document guarantees the holder’s return only if his/her stay outside the USA has not exceeded one year),
Permit to re-enter (valid for two years. This document guarantees the holder’s return only if his/her stay outside the USA has not exceeded two years). The advance parole is NOT a re-entry permit.
Valid temporary residence stamp in the passport (valid for one year from the date of issue);

hold a valid visa for one of the countries of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Canada, Japan or the United States of America;

hold an expired visa for the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Canada, Japan or the United States of America but you are leaving the country which delivered it (for e.g., if you are an Indian citizen holding an expired US visa and flying to Dubai via Paris, and if you do not plan to leave the international zone of the airport, you do not need to apply for a Schengen visa of any kind);

are a spouse/minor child of a European Union citizen;

hold a diplomatic passport;

are a flight crew member -national of a contracting party to the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation.

- If you are not listed above, you DO NEED an airport transit visa, only if you are citizen from the following countries :

Afghanistan Angola [1] Bangladesh
Cameroon [2] Chad [3] Rep. of Congo [4]
Dem. Rep. of Congo Cuba [5] Dominican Republic [6]
Eritrea Ethiopia Ghana
Guinea Guinea-Bissau [7] Haïti [8]
India [9] Iraq Iran
Ivory Coast [10] Mali [11] Mauritania [12]
Nigeria Pakistan Palestinians
Russia [13] Senegal [14] Somalia
South Sudan Sri Lanka Sudan [15]
Syria [16] Togo [17]
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-01-2015, 06:10 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 102
hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of hariswaminathan has much to be proud of
Default Please ingnore

Please ignore this post. I suddenly saw the list and saw India listed as one of the countries. Sorry for the error!


Quote:
Originally Posted by hariswaminathan View Post
Sorry for the long winded message, but i extracted this from the French consulate in Chicago. The main point to note here is that at the bottom - even if you don't come under the transit visa not required category, you only need one if you are from the list of countries mentioned and India is not one of them. Therefore you dont need it. You can print this info out and take it with you to the airport....

- Do I need an airport transit visa ?
- You DO NOT NEED an airport transit visa if you :

hold a valid Schengen visa, national long-stay visa or residence permit issued by one of the European Union countries;

hold a valid residence permit issued by Andorra, Canada, Japan, San Marino or the United States of America. For the US, valid residence permits are :

Form I-551 Permanent resident card (valid for 2 to 10 years),
Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (valid for 2 to 10 years),
Form I-551 Alien registration receipt card (no expiry date),
Form I-327 Re-entry document (valid for two years — issued to holders of a I-551),
Resident alien card (valid for 2 or 10 years or no expiry date. This document guarantees the holder’s return only if his/her stay outside the USA has not exceeded one year),
Permit to re-enter (valid for two years. This document guarantees the holder’s return only if his/her stay outside the USA has not exceeded two years). The advance parole is NOT a re-entry permit.
Valid temporary residence stamp in the passport (valid for one year from the date of issue);

hold a valid visa for one of the countries of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Canada, Japan or the United States of America;

hold an expired visa for the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Monaco, Andorra, San Marino, Canada, Japan or the United States of America but you are leaving the country which delivered it (for e.g., if you are an Indian citizen holding an expired US visa and flying to Dubai via Paris, and if you do not plan to leave the international zone of the airport, you do not need to apply for a Schengen visa of any kind);

are a spouse/minor child of a European Union citizen;

hold a diplomatic passport;

are a flight crew member -national of a contracting party to the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation.

- If you are not listed above, you DO NEED an airport transit visa, only if you are citizen from the following countries :

Afghanistan Angola [1] Bangladesh
Cameroon [2] Chad [3] Rep. of Congo [4]
Dem. Rep. of Congo Cuba [5] Dominican Republic [6]
Eritrea Ethiopia Ghana
Guinea Guinea-Bissau [7] Haïti [8]
India [9] Iraq Iran
Ivory Coast [10] Mali [11] Mauritania [12]
Nigeria Pakistan Palestinians
Russia [13] Senegal [14] Somalia
South Sudan Sri Lanka Sudan [15]
Syria [16] Togo [17]
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2015, 01:31 PM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
20cs06 is on a distinguished road
Default airport transit visa via paris

pls let me know if anybody travelled india via paris usin AP
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-13-2015, 02:31 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/12/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 57
vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute vshar has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I travelled to India via Paris in Nov 2014. my travel agent said I don't need transit visa but I called French embassy and they said I need one so I took it.

good I had transit visa because at Delhi airport I was asked to show transit visa, I will suggest if you are in doubt then take the transit visa even though it cost money and efforts.

Thanks,
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-14-2015, 07:55 AM
Facebook User
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 5
20cs06 is on a distinguished road
Default

thank you...I am also thinking to get trnasit visa
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Have you travelled to India with jewellery? optimist Interesting Topics 15 10-04-2012 05:43 AM
Travel to India Via Paris with AP RNGC All other Green Card Issues 8 05-21-2012 02:56 PM
Transit visa for traveling via Paris w/ AP merlion Travel out of country and re-entry during/after 485 filing 4 07-27-2011 10:29 AM
Travelled to india while COS in process,L1 to H1B COS approved, I-129 has old I-94 iam_1900 Non-Immigrant Visas 3 09-11-2007 03:16 PM
Visa stamp in Paris vsoni Non-Immigrant Visas 4 03-08-2007 06:41 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org