||LinkBack||Thread Tools||Display Modes|
Suggestions on locations (Austin vs Bay Area, CA)
Looking for thoughts/suggestions from fellow immigrants here on this topic. I am an immigrant myself (from India) and working in technology sector. Been through the long journey or H1b and then Green Card. I am currently in Colorado and wondering about relocating to Austin, TX or Bay area, CA for other opportunities in tech sector.
Hence thought of getting opinions/experiences from folks here b/w the two locations regarding various factors. I am aware of sky high housing costs in Bay Area. Curios on various other factors such as
1) Affordability w.r.t other stuff.
2) School zones in general (say " good school zones are less in ___ location but location is great for this __ factor").
3) Weather (say "Austin too hot for anything or only hot during daytime and great in mornings/evenings").
4) Access/opportunities for social events/religious events (temple)..
5) Access/ presence of parks ("say lots of parks in this city/town and so getting house within walking distance of parks is relatively easier"). Similarly access to trails /weekend fun activities for family.
6) Other points of view for each location - Eg: job options in future, Trump factor, general immigrant population/access to Indian stores, crime rate, etc.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|H1 Stamping in Hyderabad(Not sure other locations) Rejection for Most of them||vikkyin||Non-Immigrant Visa||2||05-01-2012 10:14 AM|
|mutiple LCA work locations for new H1b visa||wxwx75130||Immigrant Visa||3||09-19-2011 11:38 AM|
|multiple LCA work locations for new H1B visa||wxwx75130||Non-Immigrant Visa||0||09-06-2011 10:36 PM|
|Movin to Tx around Dallas or Austin area ....||drirshad||News articles and reports||13||10-25-2007 08:48 PM|
|LC and I-140 for differnt locations in same metro area||Can2004||Retrogression, priority dates and Visa bulletins||3||08-04-2007 10:50 PM|