Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2009, 07:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/18/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/03/2012
Compare
looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute looneytunezez has a reputation beyond repute
Default Immigration fix to wait, Obama says at summit

"I've got a lot on my plate and it's very important for us to sequence these big initiatives so they don't crash at the same time," Obama said when asked by a reporter about the prospects for immigration reform.

Immigration fix on hold, Obama says - Americas- msnbc.com

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

HR3012 Wiki | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter

[Anything said is not LEGAL advise, consult an attorney!]

Donated $200+$500 - Advocacy Day - Apr & Sep 2011
Donated $100 - HR 3012 action item - Nov 2011

Recurring Monthly $ contributor since July 2009.
($2500+ and counting)...

PD : May 2008 EB2 India
I-140 Status : APPROVED - Apr 2009
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of

Well then, CIR in Obamas tenure is officially over, even if the bill comes up early next year, no politician will back it up and fight for it, because of the mid-term elections, so its a guaranteed failure, and by 2011, the president would have lost most of his steam and clout and would be busy working for re-election.
Bush had publicly said that his biggest mistake on the CIR was not having taken it up the first 100 days, he chose to tackle social security and paid the price on CIR.

The only silver lining might be that some piece-meal bills might sprout up on the deemed CIR failure next year.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts

Felt like I got sucker puched.

Good Luck to all , I guess we can better prepare ourselves to find alternate solution to our immigration demands. It is a well known fact that universal healthcare concept cannot be drilled into conservative mindset, yet it is taken up just to make common people hope for it.

All this political high drama is created just to make sure that every individual's political aspirations are taken care off.

We need to take our immigration struggle elsewhere. I am sorry to say this but I have already initiated the process of migrating to our neighbour in the north(Canada), I have a dream to be an enterpreneur and my immigration status is a major hindrance to implementing my dream, I am now ready to take the risk , reboot my life in a new country by establishing there I know that it is a tedious process but the very fact that me and my spouse with the freedom of being permanent residents and the possiblity of having my parents and siblings join us there with ease will make us endure it.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/28/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well!! Politicians are scum, be it India or US.

Old 08-10-2009, 10:39 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold

Nothing new, we already know his priority is Economy-->Health Care-->immigration, even if they start the process late this year it will take a good part of next year to finish it. So there's your holding period that he mentioned

Old 08-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts hiralal is infamous around these parts

as per most of the websites - CIR is as good as dead this year. since the admin needs support on healthcare etc ...and next year maybe as good as impossible.
so are where we are and will be there for a long time.
no harm in hoping though ..that there will be some sort of reform but in general a big KLPD for those who had hopes on the hope promise !!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute

What can he really do man ?, look at the folks who are turning into wild animals because of healthcare reform,what do you think they will do if they give green cards left and right ?

Old 08-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of 24fps has much to be proud of

This congress has become extremely partisan, the republicans are doing everything to make Obama look bad/fail, i can give a 100% guarantee that if and when the CIR comes up, the Republicans will do everything to make it fail, why do you think Senator Mel Martenez quit, he was the propounder of the Hispanic community pushing for the CIR from the republicans side and when he knew nothing could be done, he quit.

Our only hope is for the congress to take up piece-meal Legal immigration bills, as the Reps are more legal immigrant/Business friendly than they are to the Illegals, our one and only hope is a SKIL equivalent, if that doesn't happen, nothing will, forever.

Last edited by 24fps; 08-11-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Old 08-11-2009, 10:53 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold Cheran is a splendid one to behold
Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavanV View Post
What can he really do man ?, look at the folks who are turning into wild animals because of healthcare reform,what do you think they will do if they give green cards left and right ?
Well, then he should have kept quite, instead of giving election promises like free Candy.

Old 08-11-2009, 12:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
aa_ke_phas_gaya is on a distinguished road

Immigration reform is not the solution for employment based immigration backlog. This problem needs to be isolated from rest of immigration issues, H1Bs & family based immigration.

Even if CIR was presented, I am very sure that issues relating to undocumented aliens would have taken precedence over EB. May be CIR would pass (in distant future) without anything for EB immigration reforms. After all, national security was the driving force behind CIR !! Not the EB Backlog.

IV needs to make EB backlog as priority, not the CIR. You can still achieve this by focusing on those long awaiting cases. Divide your large agenda into small pieces and give it a shot. That's the only way out, one step at a time.