Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

View Poll Results: Would you attend and support the rally with donation
I will attend and donate 89 66.42%
I will attend and not donate 15 11.19%
I will not attend but donate 27 20.15%
I will not attend and not donate 3 2.24%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
losthope has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Exclamation Could you detail the Rally Objective ?

I support the this immigration Rally. However I'm not feeling strong that It will hit hard and bring all the attention from media and political unless we define clear & straight objective with its pros and cons

As you all know why CIR is discussed this is a capitalist country and with CIR it will be able to tax illegal and put illegal into immigration work visa, Green Card and Citizen processes which will generate I think billions of dollar by generating jobs, attorney fees, postal fees , petition filing fees etc like us who did the same through EB legal immigration system.

When I mention above Clear & straight objective with its pros and cons. Here is what I think.

we need to know # of Skilled labor from India and China are stuck in EB legal immigration system
What is the ROI from EB legal immigration system? just example buying house by the Skilled labor and not many of them can buy houses (complete the American Dream) because of uncertainty on their Green Card.
Since the indication from the State department on visa number that Green card will not be available for couple of years the Legal Skilled community. What could be repercussion?

As you know the immigration is getting Pushed couple of times because of HealthCare. They will have to provide a definite date how long will it take by X date
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts shukla77 is infamous around these parts
Default losthope

Losthope,
I understand what you are saying. We do need to analyze Pros and Cons, but not just analyse. After reasonable analysis we need to ACT.Fortunately, unfortunately we skilled immigrants sometimes like to analyze every issue more than it requires.I think time now is to ACT, however small the initiative may be. Now we talk about how long it will take to get our GCs. Some people say for EB2 I and C it is ~ 10 years. For EB3? ( Eb3 folks dont give me red for this). Now at the current rate of "Yes" to organize a rally of 1000 people, It will take 333 days. and someone wanted to have 20,000 people in rally to have real impact. Guess how long it will take to get 20000 people to say Yes 6666 days.
Point is let us not analyze too much, let us do something to create awareness of our issues.

Cheers

Old 06-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/27/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute
Default lets not lose hope

I think we should have the rally no matter what, we need to motivate others to attend.

I think we will get the numbers once we have a planned date etc.

Old 06-22-2009, 04:16 PM
ganguteli

It will be a waste of money if there are less than 10 thousand people

A couple of hundred green card hungry people do not make any headline. It will seem like everyone is waiting in line and these bunch of H1Bs want to cut the line and are demanding greencards.

But if you have 10 thousand people, then immigration system will look broken in the headlines and people will get greencards.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default update your profile

Please update your profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losthope View Post
I support the this immigration Rally. However I'm not feeling strong that It will hit hard and bring all the attention from media and political unless we define clear & straight objective with its pros and cons

As you all know why CIR is discussed this is a capitalist country and with CIR it will be able to tax illegal and put illegal into immigration work visa, Green Card and Citizen processes which will generate I think billions of dollar by generating jobs, attorney fees, postal fees , petition filing fees etc like us who did the same through EB legal immigration system.

When I mention above Clear & straight objective with its pros and cons. Here is what I think.

we need to know # of Skilled labor from India and China are stuck in EB legal immigration system
What is the ROI from EB legal immigration system? just example buying house by the Skilled labor and not many of them can buy houses (complete the American Dream) because of uncertainty on their Green Card.
Since the indication from the State department on visa number that Green card will not be available for couple of years the Legal Skilled community. What could be repercussion?

As you know the immigration is getting Pushed couple of times because of HealthCare. They will have to provide a definite date how long will it take by X date

Support HR-3012 and Support Fairness!

Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Contribute | HR3012 Wiki

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

--------------------------
Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .
Your Expected Date of Adjudication is Sep, 2028.

Old 06-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute psaxena has a reputation beyond repute
Default ^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^

Info on Rally | Accommodation | Air Miles | Carpool | Merchandize | Posters | Volunteers

Result for psaxena:
Your position is 53193 in the Green Card Queue based on your Country of Chargeability "India", Priority Date "Aug-06" and Category "EB3" .

Old 06-24-2009, 03:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow IMO->Dc will have more impact.

NY, 2000-3000 IV's might just get lost...in the busy crowd. ( will not have that much an impact.)

On a totally unrelated point, can we stop giving undue importance to crappy posts by 'replying' to that thread?( like there is one going on about american grads...although title is misleading, the article has different take on that subject.) (Most American Grads Are ‘Unemployable’)

Old 06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute Leo07 has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow IMO:Dc will have more impact.

NY, 2000-3000 IV's might just get lost...in the busy crowd. ( will not have that much an impact.)

On a totally unrelated point, can we stop giving undue importance to crappy posts by 'replying' to that thread?( like there is one going on about american grads...although title is misleading, the article has different take on that subject.) (Most American Grads Are ‘Unemployable’)

Old 06-24-2009, 04:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
Default I agree

I am in total agreement with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo07 View Post

Result for psaxena:

Old 06-24-2009, 04:52 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute
Default The Obama Map

Supposedly in DC they now have a "Obama Map" for tourists which shows the shops/eateries/roads etc where Obama walked past. Probably the rally should pick up cues from the "Obama Map" and follow those routes to convey the point.

Anyway, to organize a rally there must be state chapter participation to begin with.

Please join your local state chapters as a first step and let us follow IV Core's directions. They have spent 3 looong years trying to understand how the system works so when we make a noise it is heard in a correct manner.

When we did the IV Rally in 2007 for the visa bulletin correction it was covered by media sources, but mostly confined to local news papers. In this case there was a flub by USCIS, a USA government organization. So if we are looking for media attention via a rally I don't think it is going to happen.

So let us also look for IV Core's direction who have made some dents to understand the process.

Please join your local state chapters to build a grassroots effort.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/

Old 06-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare

Result for psaxena:

Old 06-25-2009, 07:58 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/18/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Arrow Bump^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Just 84?
our voices will be lost even if were to protest in walmart
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/02/2007
Compare
creativeleader is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by new_horizon View Post
Has anyone thought about contacting organizations like 'the Indian American Political Action Committee', members of India Caucas in the congress and senate, and other influential Indian American organizations? Maybe they'll be able to help us in a big way. Or has this already been done?
How do I attend a rally? Is this already planned, and are there similar rallies in every State. Also like the idea of writing to senators, and to the local congressman/woman. Are there any templates or letters that can be faxed on IV?