Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 06:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MAVNINovice is a glorious beacon of light MAVNINovice is a glorious beacon of light MAVNINovice is a glorious beacon of light MAVNINovice is a glorious beacon of light MAVNINovice is a glorious beacon of light

ganguteli

"Army Recruiter's main job is to get you in the army by any means. ." With this statement I meant recruiter wont discourage you not to join Army. Point what ych003 made was you will be deployed if you join this program. That is not true once your DHS is approved. ARMY recruitement treat you as regular enlistee. And then you have to go through all the process and procedures as a regular enlistee do in US.

After your trainings you will be assigned to a unit based on that MOS you choose and who needs based on your MOS. Plus Army ask you to fill a list of station you want to go and it is 100% that you will be assigned to first 10 stations you filled up in that case. But if you are in a MOS and the unit that is needed in unstable country then you have to go. But that does not mean if you are a utility speciality will go for infantry. You will working on the base which would be far away from the battlefield. But if you are in armor, infantary etc then you have to do your job on field.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Bassi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ych003 View Post
Finally I decided to quit this pilot program.

There is no such thing to be enlisted as a Linguist. The US has their own Linguist Program and all of the MAVNI enlistees will be assigned or choose MOS based on the ASVAB score. Nobody will be a Linguist via this pilot program (They confirmed this several times)!

Then why they have enlisted the languages in the first creteria, the whole thing cannot be so wrong !!!

(2) For those who have bachelor degree or above, you will be an officer ONLY when you are younger than 29 years old limit. If you are 28 years old in 2009, and you get your citizenship in 2010, then you are no longer eligable to be an officer.

That means they will never ever be officer, and will remain to be be junior for rest of the service, even if they have appropriate qualification.? Can you please quote the origin of this information.

When I was told the truth by this Commender, I was stuned for a while and felt like being cheated. My suggest is that do not believe everything the recruiters say. Ask them to put promises in words by writing. This is an advice that an Navy Attorney offered. Good luck, folks! Citizenship is attractive, but nothing is free ...
[COLOR="red"Did you asked your recruiter to give you in contract , and he said NO. [/color]

thanks

Old 07-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
incognito is on a distinguished road

MAVNI Novice

Sorry about a 2 line post but what MOS did you pick?

Old 07-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
MAVNINovice is a glorious beacon of light MAVNINovice is a glorious beacon of light MAVNINovice is a glorious beacon of light MAVNINovice is a glorious beacon of light MAVNINovice is a glorious beacon of light

91C - Utility Equipment Repairer

Old 07-16-2009, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute stemcell has a reputation beyond repute

Hey mavninovice

I sent you a PM.

Old 07-23-2009, 12:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
SUNNY777 is on a distinguished road

Hi Manvi voice,
I have recently heard about the MAVNI program. I am on F1 status with OPT.
I am very much interested in MAVNI and would appreciate if you could help me in contacting the recruiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAVNINovice View Post
I put my information online in Feb 09 when I first heard abt this program and did receive some calls in Mar but after that nothing happened. I pretty much read all the forums did not find any details about the battalion who is hiring MAVNI applicants.

Then one of my friend told me about a recruiter and I got his number and mentioned that my friend gave you his number and talked to him. He asked me to mail copy of my degree, transcripts, SSN, DL, I-94 for department of homeland security approval.

Meanwhile I met him once personaly in LA. It took 2days for my DHS approval and then I went there for 3 days for language test, physical and ASVAB test. Once you clear all those they will show you the list of job that you are eligible. select the job, sign the contract and take the oath.

That is all. I cannot put the recruiter phone number on the forum. Because I have his cell number and I dont want to advertise. But if you are really interested I can help you either give your number to him or his number to you. Send me a private message. I want to help others because I received a help from this forum

while I was ready some threads regarding MAVNI some people were posting their own opinion instead of the reality. That is why I started this thread and I want to help those who wants to knw the reality and make a decision. Let me know if you are interested and pursue this option.

Good Luck!

Old 07-28-2009, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Replied to your PM

Old 08-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
baarujhotta is on a distinguished road
Default recruiter's number

Hello,
Could you please pass me recruiter's number. I am interested in joining MAVNI program

Old 08-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by baarujhotta View Post
Hello,
Could you please pass me recruiter's number. I am interested in joining MAVNI program
Locate Us | GoArmy.com

Old 04-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
johnnybravo11 is on a distinguished road

i'm an indian speak hindi as a foreign language, did my bachelors in US and would like to join US army under MAVNI program. I checked US army websites and other forums but couldn't get a concrete info. about this program. would really appreciate if some one help me with my questions.
1) how many seats or quota for hindi (foreign language) in MAVNI program
2) how many times i can apply under same quota if i get rejected and how many deadlines are there in a year
3) my employer will do my h-1 next year, and if i get rejected for MAVNI program this year will that affect my h-1 application (if i get accepted for MAVNI than i won't go for h-1)

and also like to know some recruiters number in california who i can talk too and submit my application.
thanks

Old 04-18-2013, 11:28 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

one more thing - are there any drawbacks going for citizenship through MAVNI (except being deployed at war front)

Old 04-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute bond4u has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo11 View Post
one more thing - are there any drawbacks going for citizenship through MAVNI (except being deployed at war front)
This program no longer exists.

Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond4u View Post
This program no longer exists.
you mean for this year or permanently? because my recruiter didn't tell me anything about this.

Old 09-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Navy Mavni is on a distinguished road
Default Navy MAVNI is now OPEW

The Navy is recruiting for the MAVNI program now. see details below. If you are interested in the US Navy MAVNI program, please visit your local recruiter or visit

https://www.facebook.com/Navy-MAVNI-...8559/timeline/

E mail: CEU@Navsoc.socom.mil