Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice Roger Binny is just really nice
Default Cop ticketed for non-english ...:(

No-english ticket

Last edited by Roger Binny; 10-26-2009 at 12:55 AM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 10-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
doggy is a splendid one to behold doggy is a splendid one to behold doggy is a splendid one to behold doggy is a splendid one to behold doggy is a splendid one to behold doggy is a splendid one to behold doggy is a splendid one to behold doggy is a splendid one to behold

Huh??
I'm just curious. How will the driver read "No right turn on red"? There is no sign for that.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:31 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

California allows drivers to take test in 31 languages other than English (Driver License and Identification (ID) Card Information)

A cop should not be giving someone ticket for not knowing English.

Non-english applicants has to answer additional test for sign board reading. As far as I know, 12 more in CA in addition to 36 standard to make sure that even if someone does not know English (s)he understands what is written. A non-English driver is supposed to understands all the signs (over sixty) including "No right turn on red" (Sign as well as the words):
- Traffic Signs
- Red/White regulatory signs
- White regulatory signs
- Highway Construction and Maintenance Signs (Orange)
- Guide signs (Green/Blue)
- Hazardous Signs (Red, Yellow)
- Warning Signs

By taking Sign test (12 questions) CA tries to make sure that other language drivers understand Sign. This has independant pass marks, does not get combined with main (36 questions).

Last edited by Dhundhun; 10-26-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Old 10-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute hpandey has a reputation beyond repute
Default What about the violations

Non - English speaking or not isn't it the responsibility of the driver of the vehicle to drive following the rules of the Road. Why make a U-turn where it is not allowed. Why turn when it is written NO turn on Red. Is it the fault of the sign that you cannot read English.

US is an English speaking nation although people from all parts of the word live here. We have to abide by the common language which is English and not Spanish. The DMV cannot post sign in hundreds of languages that different people speak.

If the driver violated the law he must be given a ticket unless it is his first offence when a warning would be sufficient. Rules are meant to be followed.

EB3 - India - PD - Sep 2004
I140/485 AP - 08/02/2007
FP - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 11/2007
AP/EAD - 2008
AP - 2009
EAD - 2010

Last edited by hpandey; 10-26-2009 at 02:24 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of rb_248 has much to be proud of
Default Able to read English or not

Able to read English or not should not constitute an offense. Not able to read a road sign and erring on that basis is an offense. All the regulatory and warning road signs have a symbol associated with the text (Octogon for stop 'U' for U-turn, curve ahead.....). Only the advisory signs (exit signs and street signs) have English names and no signs.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:28 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute Dhundhun has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doggy View Post
Huh??
I'm just curious. How will the driver read "No right turn on red"? There is no sign for that.
As far as "No right turn on red" is concerned, there could be text only (http://www.safetysystemshawaii.com/s...a_18x24_hi.jpg) or sign only (http://www.trafficsignstore.com/R10-11c.jpg) or both.

For "text only" cases also drivers of other languages must honor. The sign test has several "text only" questions. I think, DMVs are making effort, so that other language driver also must know all the signs and texts - at least by taking exams.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpandey View Post
... US is an English speaking nation although people from all parts of the word live here. We have to abide by the common language which is English and not Spanish. ...
This statemet has narrow sprit of English Only Movement (English-only movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), where as US is much broader (Languages of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Many states and citizens won't agree.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/08/2007
Compare
frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute frostrated has a reputation beyond repute

"NO right turn on Red" can be thought of as an image. Whenever we read anything, we do not actually read the spelling of the word, but we look at the image the words form. That is the reason we sometimes have difficult when the letters are not legible as the image does not map to anything in our permanent memory. humans or any animals recognize through visual stimulii, not reading. Think more on this, it is interesting to the solutions that come out of it.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/07/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts maddipati1 is infamous around these parts
Lightbulb vision takes precedence over hearing

First, listen to this looking at the video.

Then, listen with eyes closed or looking away.

http://www.youtube. com/watch?v=aFPtc8BVdJk

Old 10-26-2009, 07:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
China
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
Wendyzhu77 has a spectacular aura about Wendyzhu77 has a spectacular aura about Wendyzhu77 has a spectacular aura about

this is ridiculous. It doesn't really matter whether english or anything else is the main language here. As long as the driver is driving properly and follows the road signs properly, why should the police care whether the driver can read? Maybe the driver just memorizes everything, maybe the driver knows it by advanced electronic devices, telepathy, or miracle, whatever, who cares?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Binny View Post

Old 10-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future gc_wow has a brilliant future
Default Talk to cop in Telugu

Talk to cop in Telugu, legally in any democratic country you are free to choose the religion you want or language you like.