Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 01:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ita View Post
Exactly dear friend...all I was saying is ,why do you want to take up the burden on your shoulders when media,western politicians in India are doing even better job than you and making sure caste discrimination doesn't go anywhere for centuries to come, at least theoretically? So I was suggesting that you could relax in this context if possible .Anyways it's up to you.

That's a practice that will not go any where for centuries to come at least theoretically.Who cares right?.There's always Veda's ,Brahmins etc to blame in the pretext of educating 'those are not common man of Indian origin' and not to mention to claim it's not vested interest.

Since you cleared it's not vested interest dear friend , then it should be half knowledge.Very dangerous prospect.So now it's up to your 'those are not common man of Indian origin' what they want to believe.
All you are trying to convince me is just relax..that practically there is no such caste descrimination existing now a days..its just a media and wetern politician hype..no meaning arguing people like you..because either you know the ground realities/facts and trying to hide or you are totally unaware....I wish I could tell you to go visit that TN village to find the fact..
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2009, 02:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute PavanV has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, reservation for backward castes and scheduled castes is 83% +

Quote:
Originally Posted by narendra_modi View Post
All you are trying to convince me is just relax..that practically there is no such caste descrimination existing now a days..its just a media and wetern politician hype..no meaning arguing people like you..because either you know the ground realities/facts and trying to hide or you are totally unaware....I wish I could tell you to go visit that TN village to find the fact..

Old 11-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/22/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future shreekhand has a brilliant future

It is one thing to be pragmatic but it is another to go the extreme end and projecting one's view- looking from dark glasses - as the reality.

I am not directing my views on the poster, but the very frame of mind that can give rise to such sick thoughts !

.... all of the talking of the "can-do" attitude but at the same time looking at things behind this dark veil of inaction in taking responsibility for change !! amazing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dummgelauft View Post
India will NEVER be a developed country. I repeat, NEVER.
The amount of population and the rate at which it keeps growing, the DEEP and WIDE spread corruption, illiteray and IGNORANCE, total lack of can-do attitude, deep cast/religious/state based divides, rogue neighbor countries, all of this is simply too much.
No amount of money poured into that system will ever be enough. It will ALWAYS be "too little, too late". The rich will get richer and the have-nots will eventually flood the streets and snatch everything from the haves.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:24 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute h1techSlave has a reputation beyond repute
Default Another item to fight amongst ourselves

Hey, we have got another item to fight among ourselves.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kopra has a reputation beyond repute kopra has a reputation beyond repute kopra has a reputation beyond repute kopra has a reputation beyond repute kopra has a reputation beyond repute kopra has a reputation beyond repute kopra has a reputation beyond repute kopra has a reputation beyond repute kopra has a reputation beyond repute kopra has a reputation beyond repute kopra has a reputation beyond repute

Yes , India is growing and developing at a fast pace and its good not just for India but for the world economy. It has moved more than a million people from poverty to a growing middle class. All this is because of the Free-Market or globalization. Even though India is seen as a competitor to china, I think both china and India are having a positive growth in this export oriented market. There are many advantages of adopting this policy, mainly, since world money is flowing to India, expecting to get a better rate on investment, we are seeing a boom in the real estate market. Many non-performing or under performing govt owned companies are forced to restructure and became profitable.Global Trade has opened door to many goods and services which were not available to citizens before. Getting a Loan is comparatively very easy than before. As investment pours in, employment rate is up and salary is also fairly higher in certain sectors of the society. But we may have to pay a price for this in long term

All being good, this was the same situation in which Argentina,Brazil,Mexico was in during the 80's. Even Japan and Germany was regarded as poised to overtake US in growth and GDP in 80's. but all of this bubbles collapsed,because eventually it has to collapse.Japn was able to survive, because of its highly innovative corporations(Toyota,Sony etc) and still continue to play a great role in export market. The issue india is facing, our domestic industries are getting smaller and smaller and foreign companies are growing(with few exceptions). This can be seen in industries varying from soft drink beverages(coke,pepsi) to luxury cars.Higher education and infrastructure needed for this plays an important role in creating innovation and bank investment in the startup companies are needed to bring this to reality. The reason for the collapse for all these economies were the inability to tame inflation with the growth and naturally the tipping point was reached , when the global investors took out their money.

India still has a long way to go. Its current account deficit is large. 29 paisa of every single Indian rupee is borrowed. Population growth is actually helping India with a steady supply of working class. Tax system in India is not progressive, and corruption is a part of politics(well, that's everywhere).Consumption is at an all time high and increasing, which is good news for western companies who replaced the domestic companies.income disparity is increasing and class warfare is slowly waking up

ndia is a vibrant and diverse country and many wonder how this country can move on with 100's of different cultures and languages within. But Indians have always been hopeful and has constantly worked hard to make it a better country. Lets hope that this growth is constant and Indian govt has learned from the mistakes which the Latin American countries have made during the globalization era , and will avoid the dangerous hazards it faces during the journey to a developed nation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
I recently went to India after a few years and saw a lot of development. There are better highways, malls everywhere and lot of restaurants. The salaries of people have also increased. A lot of people who went to India and did not wait for greencards are happy there.

Some problems like water, electricity, sanitation, corruption are still there.

What do everyone think. Let us share our experiences of India. Is India progressing as much as America at a good pace?

Last edited by kopra; 11-06-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute immiusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Narendra Modi - your number of samples are very less to make a judgement

Hello Narendra Modi,

I think your views are based on a single TN village out 100's of thousands of villages in Inida. Your number of samples very less to make decision. You have to poll more villages and find out the results.

I hail from a village. And every one from my village and many other villages around this villages are allowed into the temple.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

Quote:
because either you know the ground realities/facts and trying to hide or you are totally unaware....I wish I could tell you to go visit that TN village to find the fact..
Why go anywhere when one has first hand experience of caste discrimination.
A Upper Caste(Personally I find it derogatory to use the term Upper Caste,Lower Caste but since govt of India has given us no alternative and somehow being termed lower caste is fine with some people as long as they stand to benefit materialistically rest of us have no choice) person with A Grade gets admission denied because there is a lower caste person waiting to take admission though he has C's or sometime D's thanks to reservation policies( 83%+ ...Wow).Well there are many more such real life scenarios .
Now don't tell me you don't consider this caste based discrimination.

Quote:
All you are trying to convince me is just relax..that practically there is no such caste descrimination existing now a days..its just a media and wetern politician hype.
I'm saying Caste discrimination will not go anywhere for centuries to come.Thanks to Indian government ,vested interests groups. So stop putting the blame on wrong areas.
What Vivekananda( a Vedanta) advocated in late 19th century is not being implemented even in 21 st century in India.

Also this thread is about development in India and it's influence on the quality of life on day-day basis (despite caste discrimination ,western politicians in India ,media hype...)versus other developed countries.
So your jumping in with caste concerns,a TOI link to support your concerns, blaming Vedas and using that as yardstick to judge India's ability to join the developed nations club is sheer ignorance.
Even today there are such evil things being practiced in developed countries .Only thing that's missing is media hype, and politicians like western politicians in India.

May be you should create thread like Evil practices prevalent in developing countries like India versus developed countries.

Last edited by ita; 11-06-2009 at 07:26 PM.

Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 PM
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute snthampi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
After all the development, even USA has polygamy system in some places. There are many other bad things like very high sexual crime numbers, child molestor priests and so on. Until recently like 1960 blacks were discriminated more than dalits are in India. So will you create a bad impression on the whole country?
Well, in the US, at least 95% cases are reported. At the same time, in India, only 40% are reported. So, don't go by statistics. Caste and gender barrier is still a very big thing in India. Don't try to deny the truth.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/11/2007
Compare
BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute BharatPremi has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb

Correct Answer is :

Last edited by BharatPremi; 11-06-2009 at 11:23 PM.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts narendra_modi is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Why go anywhere when one has first hand experience of caste discrimination.
A Upper Caste(Personally I find it derogatory to use the term Upper Caste,Lower Caste but since govt of India has given us no alternative and somehow being termed lower caste is fine with some people as long as they stand to benefit materialistically rest of us have no choice) person with A Grade gets admission denied because there is a lower caste person waiting to take admission though he has C's or sometime D's thanks to reservation policies( 83%+ ...Wow).Well there are many more such real life scenarios .
Now don't tell me you don't consider this caste based discrimination.

I'm saying Caste discrimination will not go anywhere for centuries to come.Thanks to Indian government ,vested interests groups. So stop putting the blame on wrong areas.
What Vivekananda( a Vedanta) advocated in late 19th century is not being implemented even in 21 st century in India.

Also this thread is about development in India and it's influence on the quality of life on day-day basis (despite caste discrimination ,western politicians in India ,media hype...)versus other developed countries.
So your jumping in with caste concerns,a TOI link to support your concerns, blaming Vedas and using that as yardstick to judge India's ability to join the developed nations club is sheer ignorance.
Even today there are such evil things being practiced in developed countries .Only thing that's missing is media hype, and politicians like western politicians in India.

May be you should create thread like Evil practices prevalent in developing countries like India versus developed countries.

I don't get convinced with your counter arguments....if Bs & Cs & Ds are not given a chance to educate them self they will remain illiterate and poor untill coming centunries and As will always complain..And I because Bs, Cs and Ds were given chance, they have proved themselves better than As. So please stop the discussion here!!

Old 11-07-2009, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future ita has a brilliant future

Quote:
if Bs & Cs & Ds are not given a chance to educate them self they will remain illiterate and poor untill coming centunries
Now whoever said only alternative to is let Bs,Cs,Ds remain uneducated for centuries to come.Help is not pulling those that are doing good down but pulling those that are lagging behind forward.If you come to terms with a unhealthy solution to a unhealthy situation especially when there are many healthy solutions and than blaspheme a healthy system as if the system has implemented those unhealthy solutions or planted that unhealthy situation then you know where the problem is right?
Quote:
As will always complain..
A's are not complaining that's why this thread is here in the first place.They have accepted the caste discrimination and are trying to explore the quality of life .It's you who jumped with blasphemy attitude.Unfortunate thing is there lot of folks out there(certain media elements,some politicians,some common people with vested interests) who have no intention of finding/implementing healthy solution but blaspheme something that is healthy.Hope you are not part of them.So I said your initial post doesn't belong to this thread.
Quote:
I don't get convinced with your counter arguments...
Since we covered all the aspects around your initial post, yes let's stop the discussion.'m sure we have educated your 'people of non Indian origin' enough .Now if one is convinced or not if their choice since they know what they are subscribing to by accepting what they accept.

Bharatavarsha is the only country in the world where knowledge is given importance over money.Those who know the importance of knowledge will know why and those who don't will settle for something less and you know what that is.

Last edited by ita; 11-07-2009 at 01:04 PM.

Old 11-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Now whoever said only alternative to is let Bs,Cs,Ds remain uneducated for centuries to come.Help is not pulling those that are doing good down but pulling those that are lagging behind forward.If you come to terms with a unhealthy solution to a unhealthy situation especially when there are many healthy solutions and than blaspheme a healthy system as if the system has implemented those unhealthy solutions or planted that unhealthy situation then you know where the problem is right?

A's are not complaining that's why this thread is here in the first place.They have accepted the caste discrimination and are trying to explore the quality of life .It's you who jumped with blasphemy attitude.Unfortunate thing is there lot of folks out there(certain media elements,some politicians,some common people with vested interests) who have no intention of finding/implementing healthy solution but blaspheme something that is healthy.Hope you are not part of them.So I said your initial post doesn't belong to this thread.

Since we covered all the aspects around your initial post, yes let's stop the discussion.'m sure we have educated your 'people of non Indian origin' enough .Now if one is convinced or not if their choice since they know what they are subscribing to by accepting what they accept.

Bharatavarsha is the only country in the world where knowledge is given importance over money.Those who know the importance of knowledge will know why and those who don't will settle for something less and you know what that is.
In the same Bharatvarsha there was a story of Eklavya, other than Arjuna.. and you know what that is..

Old 11-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare

Quote:
So please stop the discussion here!!
Quote:
Now whatvery happened to it.

Quote:
In the same Bharatvarsha there was a story of Eklavya, other than Arjuna.. and you know what that is..
Oh yes...and that is, just another opportunity...opportunity for some people like who would like to con volute facts to suit their vested interest.Interesting jump from Vedas to Bharata.

FYI:You have a problem that Ekalavya doesn't have.Don't do the mistake of thinking that Ekalavya is a fool . Ekalavya knows why his guru did it to him ,so do many of us and of course there are some like you as always who see an opportunity in Ekalavya's episode to indulge in blasphemy.

Last edited by ita; 11-07-2009 at 02:21 PM.