Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Smile Umbilical chord and ancient indian culture

Maybe some of us might be aware on the importance of umbilical chord and cord blood. They are life savers as they contain stem cells which can be used to treat hematopoietic and genetic disorders.

Let me tie this to an important activity that happens in southern part of india (maybe its prevalent too in entire india - not sure though).

Whenever a baby is born, the umbilical chord is cut and a clip is put up in the baby's navel end with the umbilical chord part extending out. In a matter of few days the external portion will heal and fall off.

This is then taken to a goldsmith who in turn stuffs this into a small golden (or silver depending upon one's capacity) and seals them air tight (mind this air tight) using fire. this is then tied along with a thread and is generally worn around the hips of babies.

Maybe our ancestors knew that this part of tissue might help in healing some disorders for the babies. Who knows better than them. Many of us indians would have worn this without much aware of its importance.

Hope that I have submitted a informative post here.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

0 out of 5 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold sidbee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish2005 View Post
Maybe some of us might be aware on the importance of umbilical chord and cord blood. They are life savers as they contain stem cells which can be used to treat hematopoietic and genetic disorders.

Let me tie this to an important activity that happens in southern part of india (maybe its prevalent too in entire india - not sure though).

Whenever a baby is born, the umbilical chord is cut and a clip is put up in the baby's navel end with the umbilical chord part extending out. In a matter of few days the external portion will heal and fall off.

This is then taken to a goldsmith who in turn stuffs this into a small golden (or silver depending upon one's capacity) and seals them air tight (mind this air tight) using fire. this is then tied along with a thread and is generally worn around the hips of babies.

Maybe our ancestors knew that this part of tissue might help in healing some disorders for the babies. Who knows better than them. Many of us indians would have worn this without much aware of its importance.

What the helll.... How is this post relevant ???
Is this a joke.

1 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

BS post. How the hell is it related to immigration. Use other websites for this.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all krish2005 is a name known to all
Default Perhaps...

When posts related to 'which airlines is good to fly' can be posted and reviewed under this section, why cannot this be posted too.

But if admin feels that its an irrelevant post, then please go ahead and remove it.

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:07 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/28/2007
Compare
kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute kartikiran has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Krish2005, I see that you have a long wait before getting green card. I am not sure whether killing time by posting these would help you...

Anyway, to answer your thoughts, it might be informative on a more relevant science based forum than an immigration forum.

Trying to see how it is relevant here?...

Quote:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/immigrationvoiceny/

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

hmm.. are you saying that ancient indians specialized in stem cell research?
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Smile Perhaps..

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
hmm.. are you saying that ancient indians specialized in stem cell research?
Dr. Balkrishna Matapurkar, a surgeon at New Delhi's Maulana Azad Medical College, has pioneered a stem cell based technique for the regeneration of tissues and organs. He already holds a patent for this innovative technique. Incidentally, he is of view that embryonic stem cell research is one of the lost sciences of ancient India.

But please note that I am not trying to propagate that indian culture is best or better etc. I just wanted to share that stem cell related view of mine.

A couple of the fellow members might be cursing me to have posted this in. I know its nowhere related to immigration, but just a thought share.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2011
Compare
belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute belmontboy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dr. Balkrishna Matapurkar, a surgeon at New Delhi's Maulana Azad Medical College, has pioneered a stem cell based technique for the regeneration of tissues and organs. He already holds a patent for this innovative technique. Incidentally, he is of view that embryonic stem cell research is one of the lost sciences of ancient India.

But please note that I am not trying to propagate that indian culture is best or better etc. I just wanted to share that stem cell related view of mine.

A couple of the fellow members might be cursing me to have posted this in. I know its nowhere related to immigration, but just a thought share.
That would be the view of Dr BalKrishna Matapurkar.

There is no accepted literary evidence to support his views. If so, please point me to that
485 approved on Jan 25,2012.
Physical cards received on Jan 30, 2012
one time contribution - 100$
one time contribution for April 2011 Advocacy days - 50$

Old 11-09-2009, 08:18 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Question Perhaps again ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by belmontboy View Post
That would be the view of Dr BalKrishna Matapurkar.

There is no accepted literary evidence to support his views. If so, please point me to that
Right. Its his view of stem cells research in ancient india. Some article I read in net which excerpted from mahabharatha.

"It appears that the ancient Indians also had the ability to clone humans(it's very ironic that contemporary India is taking the lead in stem-cell research) In the Mahabharata, the queen Ghandari, who had pregnancy problems and after 2 years bore a pinda(ball of flesh) which was then handed over to a sage. He divided this ball of flesh into 100 parts and treated them with a chemical process, then put each part into a sealed cooling container for 2 years, from which 100 male babies were created."

Maybe some support..

0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/03/2007
Compare
leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future leoindiano has a brilliant future

Quote:
Right. Its his view of stem cells research in ancient india. Some article I read in net which excerpted from mahabharatha.

"It appears that the ancient Indians also had the ability to clone humans(it's very ironic that contemporary India is taking the lead in stem-cell research) In the Mahabharata, the queen Ghandari, who had pregnancy problems and after 2 years bore a pinda(ball of flesh) which was then handed over to a sage. He divided this ball of flesh into 100 parts and treated them with a chemical process, then put each part into a sealed cooling container for 2 years, from which 100 male babies were created."

Maybe some support..
I am opposing STEM cell bill then, I dont want to see Kaurava's running around...::-)
Attended DC rally
NC state chapter http://groups.google.com/group/iv-nc

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/09/2007
Compare
conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future conchshell has a brilliant future

Quote:
So learn a lesson, and when you get your GC, cut a small piece and wear it around your hips too.

0 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Default :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoindiano View Post
I am opposing STEM cell bill then, I dont want to see Kaurava's running around...::-)

"Science is a double edged". I would support stem cell research if there are ways control it and not to jeopardize nature's protocols.

lol. I could imagine the comical kaurava clowns running around when you put that post.