Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 04:56 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I just got quote for 500000 $ term life insurance from MetLife.I dont think they have any issue with EAD/H1b.
__________________
PD - NOV 2006
I-140 APRROVED (EB2) JUNE 25, 2007
I- 485- Pending
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 04:59 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
mbawa is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vactorboy29 View Post
I just got quote for 500000 $ term life insurance from MetLife.I dont think they have any issue with EAD/H1b.
Getting quote is just first stage, they approve or reject when you submit application. If you are looking to explore your options I can tell you some competitive companies.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:27 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Chargeability
:
Singapore
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/04/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 51
fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold fittan is a splendid one to behold
Default

Yes...it is true SBLI doesn't accept applicants w/o greencard or citizenship. I had my quote and was about to sign up when I was told...I was pissed.

Anyway, I waited and eventually got my GC and immediately purchase a 30 yr term for $500K. Premium is $510/yr. SBLI is a reputable company...the quote you get from their website is the same as I you get it from an agent.

Fittan
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #19 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:36 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 59
django.stone is just really nice django.stone is just really nice django.stone is just really nice django.stone is just really nice django.stone is just really nice
Default Same situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbawa View Post
Getting quote is just first stage, they approve or reject when you submit application. If you are looking to explore your options I can tell you some competitive companies.
I also went through an online broker for Term Life. He asked me my visa status and I told him 485/EAD, but I think he put me down as H1B. I also said I travel to India once in 2 years and have some family history. Due to these reasons, he said ING is the best option. I have done the tests and now waiting for approval.

1. Has anybody used ING here?
2. What do you think of HSBC?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #20 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
mbawa is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by django.stone View Post
I also went through an online broker for Term Life. He asked me my visa status and I told him 485/EAD, but I think he put me down as H1B. I also said I travel to India once in 2 years and have some family history. Due to these reasons, he said ING is the best option. I have done the tests and now waiting for approval.

1. Has anybody used ING here?
2. What do you think of HSBC?
ING is one of the companies that accepts people on Valid work VISAS. I have a lot of my clients with them. But there are a lot more companies and there is just not one company that will be right fit for everyone. Key is to go with the person who is experienced in the matter and knows how to submit applications RIGHT in first time. That's why one should go through a process of consulting with a professional who can not just sell you a insurance policy but give you a SOLUTION for you to reach from point A to point B.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #21 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 07:53 PM
ssa ssa is offline
Member
Priority Date
:
Jan-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 80
ssa is a name known to all ssa is a name known to all ssa is a name known to all ssa is a name known to all ssa is a name known to all ssa is a name known to all
Default Newbie question

Quote:
Originally Posted by fittan View Post
Yes...it is true SBLI doesn't accept applicants w/o greencard or citizenship. I had my quote and was about to sign up when I was told...I was pissed.

Anyway, I waited and eventually got my GC and immediately purchase a 30 yr term for $500K. Premium is $510/yr. SBLI is a reputable company...the quote you get from their website is the same as I you get it from an agent.

Fittan
What does SBLI stands for? And what's their web site URL?
__________________
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If my post has been helpful, please consider contributing to immigrationvoice. It will help us continue this effort and serve the community. Thank you.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
$100 onetime + $20 monthly contribution
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #22 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 08:01 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
mbawa is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssa View Post
What does SBLI stands for? And what's their web site URL?
SBLI = Savings Bank Life Insurance
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #23 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 08:13 PM
Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 55
gimmemygreen is a splendid one to behold gimmemygreen is a splendid one to behold gimmemygreen is a splendid one to behold gimmemygreen is a splendid one to behold gimmemygreen is a splendid one to behold gimmemygreen is a splendid one to behold gimmemygreen is a splendid one to behold
Default Not sure about this question

Is Life Insurance not a regulated sector ? How can one company discriminate against legal residents when all others are cool with this ? SBLI is out of Woburn MA. I am sure many immigrants will like to hear from SBLI ?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #24 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 643
gcformeornot will become famous soon enough
Default question

sorry for very basic question.... My company has Life Insurance policy. I pay $16/month for $2,00,000 coverage. Similarly I pay $10/month for spouse for $100000 in company policy.

Now the question- I see some guys talking about Term insurance. So what is difference between this policy and term life you guys are talking about?

I know in India life insurance policies are different. (One is kind of saving and other is Term life) Is there anything like this in US?



Sorry for my ignorance.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #25 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 08:35 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 151
vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute vactorboy29 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbawa View Post
Getting quote is just first stage, they approve or reject when you submit application. If you are looking to explore your options I can tell you some competitive companies.
I just spoke with my MetLife agent she told and verified there is no issues with H1B.As long as you are leagally here it satisfy their requirements.I got quote for 500000$ with 300$/month.

If you want to get quote from her,Here is her contact details;

Sunita Shah
Financial Services Representative
MetLife
Tel: 630-875-1667
Cell: 630-631-4357
__________________
PD - NOV 2006
I-140 APRROVED (EB2) JUNE 25, 2007
I- 485- Pending
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #26 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 08:40 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
mbawa is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmemygreen View Post
Is Life Insurance not a regulated sector ? How can one company discriminate against legal residents when all others are cool with this ? SBLI is out of Woburn MA. I am sure many immigrants will like to hear from SBLI ?
Life Insurance is a regulated sector but unfortunately there is no regulation/law currently that stops them from discriminating against Non-US citizens.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #27 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 09:20 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
mbawa is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vactorboy29 View Post
I just spoke with my MetLife agent she told and verified there is no issues with H1B.As long as you are leagally here it satisfy their requirements.I got quote for 500000$ with 300$/month.

If you want to get quote from her,Here is her contact details;

Sunita Shah
Financial Services Representative
MetLife
Tel: 630-875-1667
Cell: 630-631-4357
How did you come up with the amount of coverage you need? And what kind of product is it? Are you sure you have enough coverage / suitable product for your need?

If you are not sure then I recommend to contact:

Manpreet Bawa
Cell: 510-754-7545
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #28 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 09:24 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
mbawa is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcformeornot View Post
sorry for very basic question.... My company has Life Insurance policy. I pay $16/month for $2,00,000 coverage. Similarly I pay $10/month for spouse for $100000 in company policy.

Now the question- I see some guys talking about Term insurance. So what is difference between this policy and term life you guys are talking about?

I know in India life insurance policies are different. (One is kind of saving and other is Term life) Is there anything like this in US?



Sorry for my ignorance.
The difference is in "CONTROL". Your employer insurance is only valid till you work with the company while the Term life you buy is owned by you and it is covered for the period specified in the policy.
Life insurance policies are same for the most part in US too. There are different products and names used that's why the confusion but for the most part its the same.

If you need more details on finding out suitable product and coverage for you feel free to reach me at
Bawa.Manpreet@gmail.com
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #29 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 09:25 PM
Senior Member
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 216
sparklinks will become famous soon enough
Default Banner

I recently went with Banner , I kept status as ' Adj. of Status (GC)' on application and they approved it for 500K $36/month
__________________
EB2 India/ 03-2006
GC on 09/14/2010
Not a legal Adviser.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


  #30 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Junior Member
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 9
mbawa is on a distinguished road
Default

ING is another option and rates are competitive. But my question is how did you come up with the coverage amount?
When it comes to the protecting interests of your family do you just make a guess or do you want to know the definitive way to find out how much coverage you should have?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote


Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Life Insurance looivy News articles and reports 46 05-09-2008 05:18 PM
Life insurance questions pmpforgc All other Green Card Issues 19 09-10-2007 06:08 PM
Life insurance and H-1B bijualex29 All other Green Card Issues 12 08-14-2007 08:00 PM
Life insurance related rpatel All other Green Card Issues 24 11-06-2006 05:55 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c)ImmigrationVoice.org