Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2007
Compare
gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute gimme_GC2006 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Photo Feature: Lord Ganesh On Beer Bottle

I dont know how true it is..I found the article at this site

Photo Feature: Lord Ganesh On Beer Bottle

Response On 'Lord Ganesh's Pic On Beer Bottles' Issue

I think this is sick if its real

Quote:

As a loyal reader of greatandhra.com shared a blasphemous incident with us through mail and we have written and uploaded that news yesterday. And that is about Lord Ganesh’s picture on beer bottles made by one of the US breweries.

Ref: Photo Feature: Lord Ganesh On Beer Bottle

Countless mails have inundated the mail box of greatandhra.com admin with sharing of anguish by hundreds of readers for this blasphemous act of that breweries company. They stated that they have contacted that Lost Coast Brewery with a complaint and also forwarded the response mails from that company. All the forwarded mails have got the same ‘copy-paste’ response from Lost Coast GM/Sales. Here is that:

“Your words, thoughts and beliefs are part of a culture that I personally respect and believe that the owner group of the brewery share with me. Please note that I will act to evaluate this issue and meet directly with the owner group towards mitigating your concerns. You have contacted the correct person for your concerns and they have not fallen upon deaf ears. Best Regards, Harmony and Peace.

Briar Bush
GM/Sales Director
Lost Coast Brewery”

It is good that many are fighting with that company to see the bottles removed from stalls immediately. The follow up on this incident requires continuous force and Hindu community should see that such blasphemy will not repeat again. And also ensure that those beer bottles are not in market with Lord Ganesh or any other divine picture of Hindu religion. Some suggested to make this news reach Sivasena, RSS and VHP as well. And we wish our readers do that as the voice of thousands will be louder than that of one.

485 Approved 08/18/2010
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-27-2009, 10:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/21/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute shivarajan has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if its really big newz.... Atleast in Holland (Amsterdam -- near dam ) u can find pretty much many shops selling "drugs" openly (** kinds of narcotics) openly with many Hindu gods on the cover. The seller only knows the artistic value but are unaware of how they r hurting some religious values.

Last edited by shivarajan; 06-27-2009 at 10:27 PM.

Old 06-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme_GC2006 View Post

No offence meant, but this has nothing to do with immigration issues. This is not a religious forum even though most of us seem to be from a particular country and religion (including me). I humbly suggest we focus on our primary aims

Old 06-28-2009, 12:27 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2008
Compare
sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold

So its that easy to offend you, just put a picture of lord Ganesha on a beer bottle.
I thought such chidishness was limited only to fanatical muslims.
Have you ever seen south park/daily show/ colber report. They routine mock Jesus, and I dont hear anyone asking them to be banned.
Personally, i think lord Ganesha would enjoy that beer, or as they call it, "Som Ras"

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold

Please merge your thread with the following one which we had one year back. Join your hand with rpuja.

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/se...pale-beer.html

Quote:

Last edited by langagadu; 06-28-2009 at 12:50 AM.

Old 06-28-2009, 01:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute arnab221 has a reputation beyond repute
Default We have Lord ganesha on Beedi brands also in India

Don't we have a popular Beedi( a type of cigarette ) in India with the image of Lord Ganesh on its cover . It is very very popular beedi brand in Karnataka . Is this allowed , I never saw any backlash against this in India itself . Strange that this kind of backlash happens more in the west than India.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YKKiMO0Sv84/R8...C_02700014.JPG

Just some bitter facts , I do not deserve a reds for this

***THE MORE I AM HURT, THE STRONGER I GET ***

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-28-2009, 10:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/30/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold langagadu is a splendid one to behold

I think you deserve green.
See this news, a muslim filed a criminal compliant on the Beedi company but the court ruled out the case.

Ganesh trademark on beedi pouches is okay, rules HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnab221 View Post
Don't we have a popular Beedi( a type of cigarette ) in India with the image of Lord Ganesh on its cover . It is very very popular beedi brand in Karnataka . Is this allowed , I never saw any backlash against this in India itself . Strange that this kind of backlash happens more in the west than India.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_YKKiMO0Sv84/R8...C_02700014.JPG

Just some bitter facts , I do not deserve a reds for this

Old 06-28-2009, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute bestofall has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

please see this ..This happens in our own India

File:Ganesh Beedies.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I have seen 'Lakshmi Wines" every where in India

Lakshmi Wines R.T. Nagar|Lakshmi Wines Bangalore|Lakshmi Wines 80 Feet Road Contacts on Sulekha

Last edited by bestofall; 06-28-2009 at 01:58 PM.