Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > General Information > Interesting Topics
Click to log in with Facebook
Interesting Topics This forum is to discuss any topic of interest to members and to gossip about anything that members prefer. All the terms of the forum and terms of use of the website do apply to this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 12:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice
Default legal?? what legal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi3933 View Post
I know, it is unfair and frustrating. But from legal point of view, you are mixing Employment Laws with Immigration Laws.

These ppl are talking about giving amnesty to ILLEGALS...let me repeat it.. amnesty=award for being ILLEGAL. They have done that before and all of a sudden we F'KIN LEGAL TEMP WORKERS from India/China have to worry about the LEGAL aspect of filing a law-suit.

Something is seriously screwed up with this. This is no different than a pseudo-SLAVERY. Now all of a sudden most of you will say, no one put a gun on your head to work. Ofcourse not, but why hell do they create a dual intent H1FU?K Visa where they show you the carrot and create a indentured servant system and discriminate on the basis of the country of your birth. It is discrimination. Trust me when there was SLAVERY in the US , it was defined LEGAL.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_fighter View Post
These ppl are talking about giving amnesty to ILLEGALS...let me repeat it.. amnesty=award for being ILLEGAL. They have done that before and all of a sudden we F'KIN LEGAL TEMP WORKERS from India/China have to worry about the LEGAL aspect of filing a law-suit.

Something is seriously screwed up with this. This is no different than a pseudo-SLAVERY. Now all of a sudden most of you will say, no one put a gun on your head to work. Ofcourse not, but why hell do they create a dual intent H1FU?K Visa where they show you the carrot and create a indentured servant system and discriminate on the basis of the country of your birth. It is discrimination. Trust me when there was SLAVERY in the US , it was defined LEGAL.
freedom_fighter, your words are very strong but everything you say is a truth.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/28/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute maximus777 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Quote:

Very well put - could not agree with you more.

Old 07-02-2009, 02:38 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

It is dual intent meaning they will give you visa even if you intend to immigrate
to US using either EB or Family Based categories. That is it.
It never guarantees the GC. Therefore this lawsuit has no merit.

A lot of people including my friends applied without having any clue about per country quota etc and believed they will get in 4 years.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-02-2009, 04:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2004
Compare
lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts lahiribaba is infamous around these parts
Default One more time...

last time i posted this idea everyone ridiculed.

Well we desis can only follow the lead of firingis.. so firingis say that who the f*** asked you to come here in the first place and we understand their logic and tell ourselves who the f*** asked us to be here in the first place .. so we are to blame ourselves for everything and take the crap anyway..

But that is not the point.

The point is that me and my company and you and your organisation have paid a service fee with a reasonable expectation of service. reasonable expectation of service is subject to interpretetion based on common sense and no f**king common sense says that waiting 10 years for GC is reasonable .. unless your common sense has been replaced by self disrepecting logic ....

Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2006
Compare
sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of sayantan76 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lahiribaba View Post
last time i posted this idea everyone ridiculed.

Well we desis can only follow the lead of firingis.. so firingis say that who the f*** asked you to come here in the first place and we understand their logic and tell ourselves who the f*** asked us to be here in the first place .. so we are to blame ourselves for everything and take the crap anyway..

But that is not the point.

The point is that me and my company and you and your organisation have paid a service fee with a reasonable expectation of service. reasonable expectation of service is subject to interpretetion based on common sense and no f**king common sense says that waiting 10 years for GC is reasonable .. unless your common sense has been replaced by self disrepecting logic ....
i am not a lawyer but i think that when you pay a processing fees to apply for a privilege (drivers license, business permit, visa, green card etc) from the appropriate statutory authority (DMV, USCIS, Dept of Commerce etc) - the payment of fees does not make you the customer of the statutory authority - so to the extent that USCIS has not broken a law to discriminate against a particular set of applicants (class) - a class action may indeed have no merit.

However, if it can be proved that there has indeed been gross negligence or that USCIS has not followed its own established procedures, made commitments but not honored those, lied or broken the law of the land - then there may be a case.......

another angle is that if the law itself violates the constitution - there is a separate procedure to appeal against such a law (like may suits going on in state courts on laws related to gay rights) - however USCIS would not be party to such a lawsuit since USCIS does not make laws. one would need not only a good immigration lawyer but also a constitutional expert for a venture like this.
EAD/ AP approved Feb'2007
I140 and 485 approved - July 2007
GC received July 2007

Old 07-02-2009, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice freedom_fighter is just really nice
Default Thanks for reds especially.

I appreciate all the cowards, who gave me red, just because I'm talking about basic rights for all, including them and they are hell bent on finding the legal ways how not to raise your voice. They will wait decades and then kicked out, but wont raise there voice.

Well thanks for the green as wel, for those , who really are willing to stand up for there rights.

We are in this mess, because the majority of the stake holders are just scared to even stand up for themselves. But I ain't loosing hope.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gauravsh will become famous soon enough

I support this cause. if we go through this path we can also fight for our ssn and medicare. if we are able to get that amount than we can go back with our hard earned money.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:22 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts
Default Appeal in The supreme Court to overturn the Counrty Quota rule as unconstitutional.

US does not discriminate on the basis of Race, Caste, Religion though their is no mention of country of birth. But discriminating Green Card quota on basis of somebody's birth may be unconstitutional..If we appeal in the supreme court, the supreme court can ask the congress to ammend the laws...google and see there have been several instances in the history when Supreme Court told the congress to change a illegal law.

here's the google link of my searches

Google

also read this
http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/USAsupreme.htm

Old 07-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute jetflyer has a reputation beyond repute
Default I support recapture

I support this for point #6, to me if USCIS + DOS worked slow and wasted 200K visas then we shouldn't be paying price for that. They need to make it up and correct their mistake. Its not that hard but we need to raise voice, if the culture of this country suggests that we should go Lawsuit route then we should follow that route.

I think USCIS is also looking at closing loop holes, and to avoid a lawsuit that USCIS is purposely delaying GC and milking thru EAD/AP renewals they have changed to one-time fee structure. So we should hurry before they bring some kinda memo to block recapture route too.

my 2 cents!

Quote:

6. Lost EB visas for USCIS / DOS mis-handling.

Last edited by jetflyer; 07-02-2009 at 12:30 PM.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayantan76 View Post
another angle is that if the law itself violates the constitution - there is a separate procedure to appeal against such a law (like may suits going on in state courts on laws related to gay rights) - however USCIS would not be party to such a lawsuit since USCIS does not make laws. one would need not only a good immigration lawyer but also a constitutional expert for a venture like this.

Yes true. This is the only angle that is viable in theory. All that can be done is challenge that the per country quota violates the constitution. Then the judge can strike that clause off.

Besides this it needs a law change.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:34 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts vivid_bharti is infamous around these parts

I guess country quota is root of all our green card related griefs. everybody else can dream of getting a green card someday, but EB-3/EB-2 India & China should stop dreaming about Green cards...I am sure this can be prooved illegal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_guy123 View Post
Yes true. This is the only angle that is viable in theory. All that can be done is challenge that the per country quota violates the constitution. Then the judge can strike that clause off.

Besides this it needs a law change.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid_bharti View Post
I guess country quota is root of all our green card related griefs. everybody else can dream of getting a green card someday, but EB-3/EB-2 India & China should stop dreaming about Green cards...I am sure this can be prooved illegal.
We cant say. Even Supreme Court works by voting where judges vote and majority wins.
In the past courts has said yes to "Affirmative action" and that it doesn't violate the
equality given by constitution.

Another option would be to challenge the interpretation of the law. Like unused visa capture whether wasted visa
should be counted.

Long back time spent outside US and on H4 visa used to we wasted. Not anymore. This has come about by challenging
the interpretation of the law.

Similar challenges are going on interpretation of the Child status protection act that was passed in 2002

Last edited by go_guy123; 07-02-2009 at 12:47 PM.

Old 07-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute lazycis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivid_bharti View Post
Ombudsman mentioned that "visa wait-times within some preference categories
for certain nationals may exceed 10 years."
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/c...eport_2009.pdf

I think the OP has some valid points. Certainly recapture lawsuit may work as the law does not say that allocated EB visas expire. Do not listen to nay-sayers, just do it.
Here is one example of the succsessfull class-action (even though the court case died in a court of appeals, it was beneficial to immigrants):
http://www.ailf.org/lac/chdocs/lac_020905.pdf

Old 07-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Hmmm!!! You raised an interesting point....
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazycis View Post
Ombudsman mentioned that "visa wait-times within some preference categories
for certain nationals may exceed 10 years."
http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/c...eport_2009.pdf

I think the OP has some valid points. Certainly recapture lawsuit may work as the law does not say that allocated EB visas expire. Do not listen to nay-sayers, just do it.
Here is one example of the succsessfull class-action (even though the court case died in a court of appeals, it was beneficial to immigrants):
http://www.ailf.org/lac/chdocs/lac_020905.pdf