Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion
Click to log in with Facebook
Analysis Discussion This forum is used to analyze, predict, track and share the information about the progress of visa dates, visa bulletin and application status of individual cases.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 12:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light
Default Processing of Applications by USCIS

Recently there have been a lot of discussions about the order in which USCIS processes the 485 applications and when such a topic is raised by a person whose PD is current and he / she has seen people with later PD get approved, that voice is shutdown saying you care only about yourself etc etc.

Disclosure - my PD is current, i am waiting for my approval, i am frustrated. But what i have to say is not about my case. i am confident that my date will remain current for some time and i will get it approved sooner or later. Who knows what will happen but i don't want to think negative right now

What i want to tell everyone whether you are EB2 or EB3 , India or China or wherever you are from - we need to ensure that USCIS follows a fair process while adjudicating cases and that would be based on PD. This does not need a change of law by congress. We should use our contacts and give the feedback to make this happen at USCIS. I think USCIS over the last 2 years has made process improvements but they need to do more. I am one of those guys who has waited 2 years to see my date become current again and saw in 2008 a lot of folks with PD after me get approved. but this is not about me and even we push for this now, it wont help my case because it will take 6 months or so to bring about this change.

think about this - CIR / Recapture happens, everybody will be current, would a guy with EB3 PD 2002 like it if an another EB3 I with PD 2010 gets approved before him - will that be fair? what if 1 year after CIR / Recapture there is a change in a political landscape and they call for some CIR review or whatever and USCIS puts on hold visa numbers got thru recapture. Lets start working on this now so that come 6 or 9 months and we have a CIR bill passed - we will all know that our cases will be adjudicated fairly based on priority.

else i wont be surprised if one yr down the line we come back to the IV forum and we are still discussing PD/ RD /ND and hoping that March 1 cutoff will include MArch 6th and some how we will be lucky.

Luck and Hope is not a strategy. Lets do something simple, invest for the immigrant community of the future - may be a signature campaign or a fax - we get a few 100 signatures and IV Core raises this issues through proper channels to USCIS.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

2 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light k3GC is a glorious beacon of light

you have got me wrong again and i don't think you read in entirety what i wrote - if we do all this, i am not going to benefit from it at all. do you think this campaign will happen, and USCIS will change process and that will benefit me - if i was thinking for myself i should have posted this 2 years ago and we all did - in 2008 when a lot of us were current and there was no order even then.

Relax and give it some thought - hope you see the point and reap the benefit

Old 07-13-2010, 05:19 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light chi_shark is a glorious beacon of light
Default feel sorry 4 u

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
You are current for only last 13 days and you are talking about running a campaign so that you can get greencard in the next 27 days. Once you get your greencard you will not even bother to do anything about this idea and will forget all of us. For example we used to hear so much from GCperm about doing X Y Z and now after he got approved, he does not even care about people like us in queue. Sad about those who get GCs.
I am with you on the how the guy will flip once he gets his gc. but i am laughing out aloud thinking that you read his entire post only to decide he was a moron... i almost read the entire post too until i glanced at yours....

oh well, i guess no one has anything better to do than write posts or comment on immigrationvoice.org...
I-140 AD: Jan 2008
I-485 RD: July 20 2007
I-485 ND: Sept 29 2007
EAD: on second EAD
have used AC21

Old 07-13-2010, 05:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute ivgclive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by k3GC View Post
Recently there have been a lot of discussions about the order in which USCIS processes the 485 applications and when such a topic is raised by a person whose PD is current and he / she has seen people with later PD get approved, that voice is shutdown saying you care only about yourself etc etc.

Disclosure - my PD is current, i am waiting for my approval, i am frustrated. But what i have to say is not about my case. i am confident that my date will remain current for some time and i will get it approved sooner or later. Who knows what will happen but i don't want to think negative right now

What i want to tell everyone whether you are EB2 or EB3 , India or China or wherever you are from - we need to ensure that USCIS follows a fair process while adjudicating cases and that would be based on PD. This does not need a change of law by congress. We should use our contacts and give the feedback to make this happen at USCIS. I think USCIS over the last 2 years has made process improvements but they need to do more. I am one of those guys who has waited 2 years to see my date become current again and saw in 2008 a lot of folks with PD after me get approved. but this is not about me and even we push for this now, it wont help my case because it will take 6 months or so to bring about this change.

think about this - CIR / Recapture happens, everybody will be current, would a guy with EB3 PD 2002 like it if an another EB3 I with PD 2010 gets approved before him - will that be fair? what if 1 year after CIR / Recapture there is a change in a political landscape and they call for some CIR review or whatever and USCIS puts on hold visa numbers got thru recapture. Lets start working on this now so that come 6 or 9 months and we have a CIR bill passed - we will all know that our cases will be adjudicated fairly based on priority.

else i wont be surprised if one yr down the line we come back to the IV forum and we are still discussing PD/ RD /ND and hoping that March 1 cutoff will include MArch 6th and some how we will be lucky.

Luck and Hope is not a strategy. Lets do something simple, invest for the immigrant community of the future - may be a signature campaign or a fax - we get a few 100 signatures and IV Core raises this issues through proper channels to USCIS.
Don't worry.

I just sent an overnight mail to the Director of USCIS to process your case promptly within the 15 business days.

Old 07-13-2010, 05:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
battineni is a glorious beacon of light battineni is a glorious beacon of light battineni is a glorious beacon of light battineni is a glorious beacon of light battineni is a glorious beacon of light battineni is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Do have any idea what to do now....

I'm 100% qwith your words.... I know the cases where new PD people got the GC and old PD people are waiting from 2007...

as you said...CIR / Recapture happens, everybody will be current, would a guy with EB3 PD 2002 like it if an another EB3 I with PD 2010 gets approved before him - will that be fair? what if 1 year after CIR / Recapture there is a change in a political landscape and they call for some CIR review or whatever and USCIS puts on hold visa numbers got thru recapture by that time EB3 PD 2010 will get the GC and .... EB3 PD 2002 still waiting for new dats and he has to wait 20 more years... :-((

So lets bring this up and let us know what to do.

Priority Date : Mar, 15th 2004
Category : EB3
I140 Mailed Date : 07/17/2007
I140 Approved Date : 03/23/2008
Chargeability : India
Processing Stage : Waiting for the Visa Dates

======================

Old 07-13-2010, 05:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare

No there is, there is no operational system that will be perfect but it will be close

if there are 100 IOs they will be given 10 cases each starting with the PD. at least you wont see a guy with a PD of 1 yr down the line post a comment saying - i am the first to get the GC when there are 3000 pending applications one or several yrs ahead of him.

i am not posting the whole solution, but processing in the order of priority is no rocket science and can be managed - it is definitely being done in the private sector where you have to be accountable to your customers, there will be imperfections no doubt, but better than what you have now

Old 07-13-2010, 05:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare

ivgclive - please do send that note to the director of USCIS and get my GC approved. i can definitely use some help from friends like you.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-08
Category
:
EB1A
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2009
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/29/2009
Compare
kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute kondur_007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You do have a very valid point here. The solution is to use electronic records and discontinue current paper based system. Then it would be possible to actually implement FIFO rule.

Fortunately USCIS is working at it, it is still far from perfect though.

Compare the current situation with July fiasco, which was the result of DOS's frustration towards USCIS's inefficiency.

Now you are still correct in stating that eventhough dates have moved to 2006, quite a few 2005 applications will go un-apparoved. The bright side is: the "gap" is getting smaller. Additionally, with better handle on the pending applications, further retrogression is going to be either very small or absent: meaning that your date (or anyone else with PD 2005 EB2 India) being retrogressed in future bulletins is very very unlikely and so sooner or later everyone will get their GCs.

Can we do anything about it? I doubt it. USCIS is already working really hard (or atleast it seems) to increase efficiency. For the first time in several years we are able to see the data about number of applications pending and calculate how will dates move etc.

Can they make the process of "increasing efficiency" more efficient: again I doubt that would be possible for an agency that collects money by means of "application fees" and spends it for not only the payors of the fees but also large number of other beneficiaries.

On a side note: take infopass and talk to an IO at local office to see anything can be done to expedite your case.

Good Luck.
I 140 approved: Sep 2008 Nebraska Service Center
EB1A: I 140 filed: July 2009. Approved 12/09
EB2 NIW: I 140 filed: July 2009. Approved 12/09
I-485 filed Dec 2009
I-485 approved April 2010

Old 07-13-2010, 06:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare

Good to know that USCIS is working towards it. I definitely agree that things have gotten better.

As far as my case goes - i am doing all the usual stuff, SR, Infopass and next step would be congressman, then senator . who knows where my stupid file is stuck

May be folks will soon have a better system. Still surprises me that in this age, an organization in one of the most technologically advanced countries still cannot process documents in FIFO.

Old 07-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
ivgclive - please do send that note to the director of USCIS and get my GC approved. i can definitely use some help from friends like you.

you're frustrated so u want IV to run a campaign for ppl in the same situation.

EB3 ppl want IV to run a campaign for their specific cause.

ppl who have GCs and waiting for citizenship want IV to run a campaign for their cause.

IV is not Federal Bank with billions of dollars to take care of individual needs. ppl didn't even give IV 20K for the DC campaign. People don't put hands in their pocket when IV asks for money and ask IV to save them. Either pay or keep quiet.....you cant make noise and not pay at the same time.

Last edited by smuggymba; 07-13-2010 at 10:44 PM.

Old 07-13-2010, 09:12 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2007
Compare
WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute WAIT_FOR_EVER_GC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Nicely said

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
you're frustrated so u want IV to run a campaign for ppl in the same situation.

EB3 ppl want IV to run a campaign for their specific cause.

ppl who have GCs and waiting for citizenship want IV to run a campaign for their cause.

IV is not Federal Bank with billions of dollars to take care of individual needs. ppl didn't even give IV 20K for the DC campaign. People don't put hands in their pocket when IV asks for money and ask IV to save them. Either pay or keep quiet.....not make noise and not pay.
Kya baat, kya baat, kya baat