Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion
Click to log in with Facebook
Analysis Discussion This forum is used to analyze, predict, track and share the information about the progress of visa dates, visa bulletin and application status of individual cases.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2010, 04:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snathan View Post
When you apply the AC21...you get the EAD and whats the use of this fix. Spouse name is added only during the I-485. So the derivative of the primary applicant is ruled out if the I-485 is not filed for the spouse and you do not need the H4 work authorization if the I-485 is filed.
That's the sad joke as I get it, from earlier posts here, that it's for people for whom dependent spouse missed filing 485. Hope it is wrong
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute roseball has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
That's the sad joke as I get it, from earlier posts here, that it's for people for whom dependent spouse missed filing 485. Hope it is wrong
AC21 also applies to people who could not file I-485 due to PD not being current. The benefit of getting a 3 yr H1 extension or 1 yr H1 extension on the basis of PERM pending for more than a year were introduced by AC21. So I would guess this interim admin fix of H4s getting employment authorization would be applicable atleast for people with approved I-140s.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/15/2007
Compare
sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute sundarpn has a reputation beyond repute

Any update from the IV core team on this so called leaked memo? thx

Old 08-02-2010, 12:31 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future immig4me has a brilliant future

Grassley and buddies are collecting signatures of members of congress who are all in opposition of this administrative fix and sending it to the Pres warning him not to implement this memo. What happens to this memo is a toss up now....

My 2 cents...

Old 08-02-2010, 12:39 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundarpn View Post
Any update from the IV core team on this so called leaked memo? thx
It was already posted on a similar thread few days ago. We cannot post anything more than what we posted on a public forum.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 08-02-2010, 05:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts sasidhar79 is infamous around these parts

what about filing I-485 for spouse when the primary applicant's i-485 is pending and Priority Date is not current?

any chance of achieving that? I am sure there many applicants who would like to see that passed.

thank you

sasi

Old 08-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute looivy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Refer this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasidhar79 View Post
what about filing I-485 for spouse when the primary applicant's i-485 is pending and Priority Date is not current?

any chance of achieving that? I am sure there many applicants who would like to see that passed.

thank you

sasi
Check Pappu's thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ther-here.html

Old 08-02-2010, 11:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/21/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/21/2007
Compare
yabayaba is a jewel in the rough yabayaba is a jewel in the rough yabayaba is a jewel in the rough yabayaba is a jewel in the rough
Default UPdate from USCIS on this Memo

UPDATE: USCIS has released a statement on the memo:

Internal draft memos do not and should not be equated with official action or policy of the Department. We will not comment on notional, pre-decisional memos. As a matter of good government, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will discuss just about every issue that comes within the purview of the immigration system. We continue to maintain that comprehensive bipartisan legislation, coupled with smart, effective enforcement, is the only solution to our nationís immigration challenges.

Internal memoranda help us do the thinking that leads to important changes; some of them are adopted and others are rejected. Our goal is to implement policies wisely and well to strengthen all aspects of our mission. The choices we have made so far have strengthened both the enforcement and services sides of USCIS ó nobody should mistake deliberation and exchange of ideas for final decisions. To be clear, DHS will not grant deferred action or humanitarian parole to the nationís entire illegal immigrant population.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light LegalIndianInUSA is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabayaba View Post
UPDATE: USCIS has released a statement on the memo:
source ?

Old 08-24-2010, 01:38 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute ravi98 has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy

what happened to this memo? any updates?

Old 08-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Immigrants' List

Old 08-24-2010, 04:06 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute

Except for a couple of people in the list, the rest are all opponents of illegals/undocumented. I don't think we have to waste our energy supporting that org.

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible

Old 08-31-2010, 10:16 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold Student with no hopes is a splendid one to behold
Default Its frustrating!!!

Why are the democrats so afraid?? A bunch of conservatives make noise and the democrats just shush up ..... no fights at all. Why cant they stand up for their principles? Republicans stand by theirs whether it is right or wrong/make sense or not/its good for the country or not...

No memos
No Legislation
No Administrative fixes
No Executive orders
No help at all for the legal immigrants

Old 08-31-2010, 01:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/06/2011
Compare
DudefromBombay is just really nice DudefromBombay is just really nice DudefromBombay is just really nice DudefromBombay is just really nice
Default Democrats are pussies

Democrats are pussies. They don't care much about legal immigrants.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/27/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute cbpds has a reputation beyond repute

Right !! and they just proved it by increasing $2000 for H1 visas !!

No one cares, we are on our own since we dont have a (say)vote !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudefromBombay View Post
Democrats are pussies. They don't care much about legal immigrants.

Donated to IV