Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion
Click to log in with Facebook
Analysis Discussion This forum is used to analyze, predict, track and share the information about the progress of visa dates, visa bulletin and application status of individual cases.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 11:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy EB2 - contract job- get GC or stick to fulltime and interfile to get EB2-GC?? Dilema

My priority date is June 2006.

I was with consulting company till 06/2009 after which I joined the client (fortune 10) company as full time employee. I'm on EB3 category using my EAD.

When I was with consulting company before I left they filed for my EB2 labor which is now approved.

Here is my DILEMMA.

OPTION#1) I can join my previous employer. i.e. the consulting company for interfiling between EB3 and EB2 so in which case if I go for premium I140 processing I will be on EB2 within a month or so.

BUT I'll have to leave my current full time employment which is with a fortune 10 company and good pay, I'm not comfortable to leave this position AND I do NOT want to loose the opportunity of getting my GC as soon as possible as EB2 dates are so close to my priority date.

OPTION#2) Discard the approved EB2 labor that my previous employer (consulting company) have for me and ask my current employer (fortune 10)company start my EB2 PERM labor and premium I140 and then interfile. IN THIS CASE, it might take about an year for me to get on to EB2 category BUT by then I'll miss the EB2 train if the dates become current before I get on to EB2 category....

------------------

Please provide your advice/inputs on what options I have, Do you know any other options than above specified.

Has anyone gone through this situation and how did you handle?

Any other feasible ideas that help me keep my full time position with fortune 10 company and as well get my GC on EB2 category.

-------------

Forum members helped me in the past with valuable inputs so I counting on your inputs. Please spare few minutes and help me with your inputs/advice.

I appreciate your help and time.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute snathan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkn006 View Post

I was with consulting company till 06/2009 after which I joined the client (fortune 10) company as full time employee. I'm on EB3 category using my EAD.

When I was with consulting company before I left they filed for my EB2 labor which is now approved.

Here is my DILEMMA.

OPTION#1) I can join my previous employer. i.e. the consulting company for interfiling between EB3 and EB2 so in which case if I go for premium I140 processing I will be on EB2 within a month or so.

BUT I'll have to leave my current full time employment which is with a fortune 10 company and good pay, I'm not comfortable to leave this position AND I do NOT want to loose the opportunity of getting my GC as soon as possible as EB2 dates are so close to my priority date.

OPTION#2) Discard the approved EB2 labor that my previous employer (consulting company) have for me and ask my current employer (fortune 10)company start my EB2 PERM labor and premium I140 and then interfile. IN THIS CASE, it might take about an year for me to get on to EB2 category BUT by then I'll miss the EB2 train if the dates become current before I get on to EB2 category....

------------------

Please provide your advice/inputs on what options I have, Do you know any other options than above specified.

Any other feasible ideas that help me keep my full time position with fortune 10 company and as well get my GC on EB2 category.

-------------

Forum members helped me in the past with valuable inputs so I counting on your inputs. Please spare few minutes and help me with your inputs/advice.

You can not have the cake and eat it too... you need to select the EB2 or your current job. If I were you, I would take the EB2 and later I can get job anywhere I want.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:45 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold kkn006 is a splendid one to behold

Yes I agree with you, that's an option I have, I want to see if there are other options that will allow me to continue on current FT and still have my previous employer (consulting company) do the EB2 I140 to get my GC. How about a part time job with my consulting company while I'm still working on FT with my current company.

Any other options?

Please do NOT stop providing inputs, this thread will not help me but also several forum members in future.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all

see my answer in the EB3->EB2 thread. what is it about the fortune 500 that you are so hung up on? you need to go with the option that might potentially be high risk in the future. dont mess with immigration coz you never know how things might change tomorrow. you can pick and choose a better prospect in your career any time.

Old 08-08-2010, 02:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts
Question

Quote:

Here is my DILEMMA.

------------------

-------------

Normally fortune 500 big companies no longer hire people on H1B.You are lucky.Even green card holders and US citizen are jobless.Why? If citizenship and green card (immigration status) is so much important then why so many US citizens prefer/like to stay un-employed?USA is not the end of this world.With the current sinking economy, medical insurance,high deductibles, pathetic medical care, unemployment, third class educational facilities (school to universities), useless taxation etc. etc. If you are with Fortune 500 company you can easily move to Canada,UK,Europe,India,Saudia,Australia,UAE within Fortune 500 company itself. Everywhere you will be paid in USD$.The biggest dark side (financial drawback) is that green card holders,US citizens must pay US taxes forever until they die ("Tax Servant/Slave").

Old 08-08-2010, 02:39 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all furiouspride is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinasmith View Post
Normally fortune 500 big companies no longer hire people on H1B.You are lucky.Even green card holders and US citizen are jobless.Why? If citizenship and green card (immigration status) is so much important then why so many US citizens prefer/like to stay un-employed?USA is not the end of this world.With the current sinking economy, medical insurance,high deductibles, pathetic medical care, unemployment, third class educational facilities (school to universities), useless taxation etc. etc. If you are with Fortune 500 company you can easily move to Canada,UK,Europe,India,Saudia,Australia,UAE within Fortune 500 company itself. Everywhere you will be paid in USD$.The biggest dark side (financial drawback) is that green card holders,US citizens must pay US taxes forever until they die ("Tax Servant/Slave").
so what is the moral of the story?

Old 08-08-2010, 02:55 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-08
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts paulinasmith is infamous around these parts
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by furiouspride View Post
so what is the moral of the story?
The moral of the story USA is not the end of this world. Invest as much USD$ as you can in other secure economies, where investment is safe with much better interest rates.Dont care too much about Immigration Status as other similar contries like Canada,UK,NewZealand,Australia are already selling their immigration through point system as a product.

Last edited by paulinasmith; 08-08-2010 at 02:57 AM.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Thanks for your inputs. I noticed in other post that I can apply for EB2 I140 using EB3 labor, is that right? Any ideas?

Any other options?

I know I have to choose between immigration or career, but before making a choice I want to search for all possible options.

As you all know this GC processing is so crazy, most of the rules are kinda gray some unexpected ideas do work. So I want to put some effort in finding other options before going with the obvious ones.

Thank you forum members.

Old 08-10-2010, 12:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute sdeshpan has a reputation beyond repute

What makes you think that if you take option #2, you will have issues? Even if it takes 1 yr for new PERM/140 to go through, why can't you wait until then with this fortune-10 company and then apply for 485?

Looking at some analysis data and dates now, it seems EB-2 will not retrogress, in which case you should be current with your PD at all times going forward.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:05 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/30/2004
Compare
radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light radhay is a glorious beacon of light

I may end up in the same boat as you after spending 12 years in this mess. I am thinking that if your previous employer is OK you can file 140 under EB2 while working for your current employer.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a requirement to work for the sponsoring company while filing I-140 or I485. As long as your previous employer has the intention to hire you(by providing the offer letter) once GC is approved you should be fine.

Old 08-10-2010, 01:32 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of gc28262 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by radhay View Post
I may end up in the same boat as you after spending 12 years in this mess. I am thinking that if your previous employer is OK you can file 140 under EB2 while working for your current employer.

I could be wrong but I don't think there is a requirement to work for the sponsoring company while filing I-140 or I485. As long as your previous employer has the intention to hire you(by providing the offer letter) once GC is approved you should be fine.
GC is for future employment.

IMO this is the best route. If your previous company is fine with this ask them to process I-140 also. Once your GC is approved, you can work for your old employer for an year or so. That way you won't be violating intent to work for the future employer also not leaving your present employer.

0 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/04/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
sbmallik is a jewel in the rough sbmallik is a jewel in the rough sbmallik is a jewel in the rough sbmallik is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Here is my DILEMMA.

If I were you I would choose option #2, however, please make sure that your employer is ready to file a new EB2 application for the current job.

Old 08-10-2010, 04:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

if you go with option #2, good luck with your labor.