Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion
Click to log in with Facebook
Analysis Discussion This forum is used to analyze, predict, track and share the information about the progress of visa dates, visa bulletin and application status of individual cases.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Year Resolution

As 2011 begins, our problems have remained the same. Can every IV member visiting the site pledge to meet with at least 1 senator from their state this January? Do this for your own GC.

Call to take an appointment, send the appointment info to the ivcoordinator and get the help to prepare for the meeting.

Let the pledges begin............
(starting with me)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute StarSun has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

This is a good initiative that members need to be involved in. Please take the appointments and contact me. Thank you.
202-386-6250
ivcoordinator@gmail.com
Money with active participation is far more powerful - please join your state chapters and meet with your lawmakers.

Old 12-16-2010, 10:43 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute tonyHK12 has a reputation beyond repute

Me too...

Old 12-16-2010, 12:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute willigetgc? has a reputation beyond repute

It is sad to know that there is a heated debate on whether to give $2 or not, but not even a warm response to an action item that will actually benefit us!

The dream activists have been campaigning for over 10 years - constantly. Their belief rests in the fact, until their problems related to immigration are not solved, they will fight for it and support any organization that is championing their cause!

That is the difference between us and them.
We talk and they act.
We fight pettily and they stand strongly united.
We have nothing to fear but are afraid and they have everything to fear from the law (being illegal) yet they are fearless.
We never try and they never give up
We are about end results without working out the means, while they are all about means and are close to getting the result - and if they don't, they will try again!

Old 12-16-2010, 12:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

I'll meet the staff or the senator soon.

Old 12-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Take the pledge!
Take the challenge!

Old 12-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

I have taken an appointment with one of my Senator in Jan. Have called the other office too, the appointment date are not confirmed yet.

Old 12-20-2010, 09:35 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

In light of what happened with Dream Act (and the amount of work the undocumented community put in), our community has to wake up and be active. We need to inform our lawmakers of our problems, and get their support. It is not easy in the current economy. But if we do nothing, our only hope for gc is to wait - and for people like me in eb3 - its going to be a long wait!

Old 12-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sioux has a spectacular aura about sioux has a spectacular aura about sioux has a spectacular aura about

If meeting with lawmakers helps us, then we should all take this pledge.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

With the current congress, unless we actively push for legislation on high skilled immigration, it will be unlikely to be taken up. We MUST meet with lawmakers.

Old 01-05-2011, 09:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute desigirl has a reputation beyond repute

Last night on Jon Stewart, Sen. Gillibrand (NY) was on discussing about the 9/11 bill and its passage. She talked about how the affected group were in DC knocking doors of every legislator for the past nine years........she also talks about advocacy and its role in the democracy.
Kirsten Gillibrand - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 01/04/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Something that we have to understand.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:14 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough

I have twice emailed my Rep office locally, however have not had any response. How should I proceed?

Old 01-06-2011, 10:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/22/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute amitjoey has a reputation beyond repute

you should call that local office and get an appointment for 20 minutes to present your case.

Old 01-06-2011, 10:59 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerthisagar View Post
I have twice emailed my Rep office locally, however have not had any response. How should I proceed?
Are you a really important VIP that he will respond to you? There are hundreds of people writing, emailing and calling Senators daily. Do you think the staff has all the time to read through all emails carefully , respond and implement our ideas pronto? Why will they? We do not vote. We are not citizens. And most of us do not even lobby for our own issues. We want everything for free without spending $25 per month and simply by sending a couple of emails! The least you can do is to personally go to his office and talk to the Senator himself. It will cost you only a couple of hours and few miles of fuel. If we can take our family to Disney and spend thousands on eating out and vacations, why cant we spend some time and money on something that is so important to our lives. It beats me. It is more irritating when highly educated folks simply say that they have sent emails to Senators or signed an online petition and nothing has happened. It proves each one of us is to be blamed for our inefficiency in dealing with the greencard problem.

1 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:13 AM
Priority Date
:
May-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough keerthisagar is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastindia View Post
Are you a really important VIP that he will respond to you? There are hundreds of people writing, emailing and calling Senators daily. Do you think the staff has all the time to read through all emails carefully , respond and implement our ideas pronto? Why will they? We do not vote. We are not citizens. And most of us do not even lobby for our own issues. We want everything for free without spending $25 per month and simply by sending a couple of emails! The least you can do is to personally go to his office and talk to the Senator himself. It will cost you only a couple of hours and few miles of fuel. If we can take our family to Disney and spend thousands on eating out and vacations, why cant we spend some time and money on something that is so important to our lives. It beats me. It is more irritating when highly educated folks simply say that they have sent emails to Senators or signed an online petition and nothing has happened. It proves each one of us is to be blamed for our inefficiency in dealing with the greencard problem.
EastIndia, if you read my post, I was not complaining nor was I saying that I was a VIP! I am not aware of a lot of issues, but after having heard that it is important to meet with lawmakers, I tried to contact them to get the appointment (BTW, it was to meet with them - and yes spending a couple of hours and fuel!) However, after not receiving any response I wanted to know how to proceed........I was not giving up!!!!!!! I even called the office, unfortunately they said the person handling this issue is not available........... Are you suggesting that I land in front of their office and demand an appointment??

GC is a big part of my life and Disney is a big part of my child's life. Unless you are suggesting that I put a clamp on my child's wishes until I get my GC, back off!!!!!!

I will continue my efforts to get the appointment!