Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion
Click to log in with Facebook
Analysis Discussion This forum is used to analyze, predict, track and share the information about the progress of visa dates, visa bulletin and application status of individual cases.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 02:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Venezuela
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
audelinom has a brilliant future audelinom has a brilliant future audelinom has a brilliant future audelinom has a brilliant future audelinom has a brilliant future audelinom has a brilliant future audelinom has a brilliant future audelinom has a brilliant future audelinom has a brilliant future audelinom has a brilliant future audelinom has a brilliant future
Arrow Welcome to the United States of America

Hi all,

Finally, I received in the mail the longed-for letter that welcomes my family and I, to the United States. It's been seven long years since I started my PERM in 2005. A long wait, as it seems now naturally expected for anyone under the EB2 category.

I just wanted to take a moment a thank IV for all the invaluable help. This website has been instrumental in understanding many of the complicated nuances of employment-based immigration process. Thanks to the information I found here, I was able to deal with several difficulties in the journey and move on with my career. Kudos to all those who participate here.

If it's helpful at all, I would like to share a basic piece of advice to anyone who is suffering under the long wait that this process implies. Go on with with your life and try not to limit your possibilities to a green card. I for example, used AC21 two times and was able to change jobs and improve the quality of my life considerably between jobs. It's an excellent resource and you can legally take advantage of it, if you feel it's convenient.

I also went ahead and bought a home when the opportunity seemed right, even with the uncertainty of not having a green card approved. Worst case scenario: I could sell it later if my GC was denied. It was a moderately risky decision, but I decided that I came to this country to improve my life, and having a place I could call mine, has been part of my quest for better conditions for my loved ones.

I see many people here having great expectations about the day they receive their cards in the mail. That's understandable, but is not good idea to center all life expectations around one particular event. When we received the welcome letter, I just hugged my wife and we silently thanked God. We have gone through a lot and this small victory has a bittersweet taste, given many of the hardships we have encountered along the road.

It certainly brings a great real relief to have a lawful permanent residency in this country, but the truth is that our lives are not changing dramatically. Tomorrow I will have to get up early in the morning and work hard to keep and my precious job as it's the only source of wealth we have. To put in things in perspective most of those who are waiting will receive their cards at some point in time. Make the best of of that time, as there is plenty of it in the process.

Thanks again. Good luck to you all.

A.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute mayurcreation has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up

Congrats!!!! Good luck for the future.

Old 10-19-2012, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
HopeToBeGreened is infamous around these parts HopeToBeGreened is infamous around these parts HopeToBeGreened is infamous around these parts
Default Congratulations!

Hello OP,

Great to hear about your GC. Congratulations! I hope things get better for you... .

Also, it is so nice to hear your words of wisdom. Many of us are in the same boat and are not sure how LONG we will have to wait. I pray to god everyday for something to happen that would reduce the wait time. But, you are right, we all should go on with life and not center our world around that one elusive thing.

It's always easier said than done, but we should.

Thanks and Enjoy your GC!

Old 10-19-2012, 12:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute deepakd has a reputation beyond repute

I have going on with my life.
Having no GC has literally no effect on me or my life.
It is a piece of paper which can give virtual peace.
If I get it it is good if not there may be other doors for me which would be opened up.

Donated: $100 so far.
Done AI for HR3012 as well/Do.
Donated 11K airlines miles

Old 10-19-2012, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute nrmarrivada9 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by audelinom View Post
Hi all,

Go on with with your life and try not to limit your possibilities to a green card.
Congrats OP and Enjoy your new found freedom

Thanks for the words of wisdom. I will try to emulate you (despite the difficulty in training the mind )

Old 10-19-2012, 10:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2011
Compare
simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute simple.life has a reputation beyond repute

audelinom - congrats on your gc

everyone else who is retrogressed - please don't read into audelinom's post too much. He comes from ROW and easy for row guys to "enjoy the ride" and "go on with your life" while the retrogressed folks suffering.

Do not get complacent, fight for fairness, support IV and do not rest until you get your gc.

Old 10-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Japan
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
harryv is infamous around these parts harryv is infamous around these parts

Thank you for sharing. I am two months behind you so hopefully I will be able to get mine shortly. Enjoy!