Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion
Click to log in with Facebook
Analysis Discussion This forum is used to analyze, predict, track and share the information about the progress of visa dates, visa bulletin and application status of individual cases.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2014, 06:59 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchala View Post
Hi Pappu,

So whats the process of escalating processing times of 140 processing. It is really strange on how they are processing. Some are considered in 4 months and while many are waiting for year+. Is there any channel to bring this to their notice?
Reply is not just to you but making it an example-
You paid thousands of dollars to your lawyer. Why are you scared of asking him to service you and get things done for you. I have met people who start their process by talking highly about their lawyer by getting influenced by their marketing and when their case is stuck they have no courage to ask questions directly. They are so scared as if they will get fired or deported if they ask status update or better service.
The first rule of advocacy is to learn to stand up for yourself. Then only you can stand up for others suffering from unfairness and injustice

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 05-01-2014, 07:16 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Manchala we rarely take up individual cases for various reasons. Firstly we created the organization for community issues and not for individual application resolution. Secondly it takes. Precious time and resources away from other work. Thirdly we only do it in rare situations when the person is in dire straits. has tried everything himself, has been a long term at least 6 month current contributor of $25 monthly and advocacy day participant.

But if the issue is widespread then IV will surely take it up. It need a strong case to take it up for advocacy. This means there should enough current contributing members who are affected by it, will also volunteer for it long term until it is solved or reach a dead end. There is no going back on commitment or place for excuses once we start. This is based on past experience when IV took up a cause of delay in EAD renewals and successfully helped many IV members few years ago.

For your personal case you can talk to your lawyer, open service request etc. The options are limited and they cannot fix any policy or process issues. You need to take advocacy route and there is no shortcut to that.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 05-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Manchala we rarely take up individual cases for various reasons. Firstly we created the organization for community issues and not for individual application resolution. Secondly it takes. Precious time and resources away from other work. Thirdly we only do it in rare situations when the person is in dire straits. has tried everything himself, has been a long term at least 6 month current contributor of $25 monthly and advocacy day participant.

But if the issue is widespread then IV will surely take it up. It need a strong case to take it up for advocacy. This means there should enough current contributing members who are affected by it, will also volunteer for it long term until it is solved or reach a dead end. There is no going back on commitment or place for excuses once we start. This is based on past experience when IV took up a cause of delay in EAD renewals and successfully helped many IV members few years ago.

For your personal case you can talk to your lawyer, open service request etc. The options are limited and they cannot fix any policy or process issues. You need to take advocacy route and there is no shortcut to that.
Thanks Pappu. I totally believe in the advocacy and IV's work. That is the reason I have participated in HR3012 advocacy came over to DC and met several senators(including NY - I was the representative for NY for 2011 Dec Advocacy and NE senators) and motivated my friends donate. Including my self and my friends we donated over 1500$ to IV ( I am not trying to boast). I worked closely with Anu and met you guys in DC.

I have had my job and family situations changed and could not get involved more after that. Anyway I still agree that what I have done is way less than many of the volunteers, Aman and others work.

I will try to start a thread and gather a group of people and see whats the interest. This is a peculiar so we will have to see.

IV's contributions

Old 05-07-2014, 01:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future

Thanks for the work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchala View Post
Thanks Pappu. I totally believe in the advocacy and IV's work. That is the reason I have participated in HR3012 advocacy came over to DC and met several senators(including NY - I was the representative for NY for 2011 Dec Advocacy and NE senators) and motivated my friends donate. Including my self and my friends we donated over 1500$ to IV ( I am not trying to boast). I worked closely with Anu and met you guys in DC.

I have had my job and family situations changed and could not get involved more after that. Anyway I still agree that what I have done is way less than many of the volunteers, Aman and others work.

I will try to start a thread and gather a group of people and see whats the interest. This is a peculiar so we will have to see.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
Thanks for the work!
Do you want to join ? If so please go ahead and reply yes in the thread

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...ml#post3581380 (I140 delays - Processing order)

IV's contributions