Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Analysis Discussion
Click to log in with Facebook
Analysis Discussion This forum is used to analyze, predict, track and share the information about the progress of visa dates, visa bulletin and application status of individual cases.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future
Default Speed up PERM audit: let's act and sign this petition!

Petition:

http://www.c...

It will be sent to:

Dr. William L. Carlson
Administrator, Office of Foreign Labor Certification
Department of Labor

Mr. Thomas Perez
The United States Secretary of Labor

Senator Tom Harkin,
Chairman of the Senate Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions (HELP)
Committee

Last edited by pappu; 04-28-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2014, 01:35 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

These petitions are useless. Do not waste your time and energy.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future lush has a brilliant future

Does IV have any established channel with DOL and could do something for the PERM audit issue?

Before we come up a better way, signing petition will at least let them notice our complaints.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/02/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute bsbawa10 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lush View Post
Does IV have any established channel with DOL and could do something for the PERM audit issue?

Before we come up a better way, signing petition will at least let them notice our complaints.
I agree. Atleast it is something when nobody is there.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:00 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Nobody cares about these trash petitions. This country is not run on petitions.
If you really want to solve it go to DC and meet DOL office or file a lawsuit. These are the only 2 ways someone will notice. Getting it fixed is the next step for which you need resources time and dedication beyond thinking about your own application. This is how we have worked all these years. There is no short cut.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Old 04-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

I agree with your suggestion but I am on the west coast and don't have the time/resources to do it. If someone around the DC area could go to meet a DOL officer, that would be great.

Meantime, so I will keep doing the petitions/email/calls, it's better to do something than waiting here and hope someone else will do something.

Every time one signs the petition, an email will be sent to the heads of DOL:
Dr. William Carlson, Administrator, Office of Foreign Labor Certification, Department of Labor
Mr. Thomas Perez, The United States Secretary of Labor

I also sent emails to them from my personal email and hope that they can notice our complaints.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:14 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Smile

Quote:
I agree with your suggestion but I am on the west coast and don't have the time/resources to do it. If someone around the DC area could go to meet a DOL officer, that would be great.
Based on my experience, nobody will do it unless the person affected does it for himself. And if he/she has an excuse to not do it, then it means the issue is not really important for the person/He is not serious and just having some fun while waiting. As far as resources go people spend thousands of dollars on lawyers, take time off for vacations and cruise. So if they say they cannot travel to DC then the way I see is that their Green card delay is not that really important to them. If they get it its fine, if they do not get it, its fine too. No worries. They have adjusted to the wait and its just a nice looking plastic rectangle to have for keeping with the passport booklet. It does not make or break anything for them.

Quote:

Every time one signs the petition, an email will be sent to the heads of DOL:
Dr. William Carlson, Administrator, Office of Foreign Labor Certification, Department of Labor
Mr. Thomas Perez, The United States Secretary of Labor
It is a misconception. How will you feel lot of junk is delivered to you on your office email. Will you not block it? Will you be sympathetic to spammers and their cause? Sometimes on sites they do not really deliver mail. Its just a signature you put while the site collects your name, email and other info to be used by third parties for marketing purposes.

And if all problems can be solved by online petitions, why do we really need lobbyists in DC. Just look at the number of them and the money being spent on them every year. Look up K street on google and read more. It is a different world than what you may be used to on online forums, tracking calculations websites where everyone ignorant and try to lead the other. Others follow because they see many others follow. IV is not like that. We try to generate awareness on this platform and separate apples from oranges.

Its not that we have not done any email campaign in the past. We have done it. But we do it very sparingly and only when we have meetings in person planned for those days and we know that email will work for the specific cause, reason and person during the timeline of our advocacy work. And when we do it we do not do it through these trash sites whose URLs you post. They mean nothing. There are services designed for advocacy work and their emails are delivered in a systematic manner as an advocacy material and not as spam. You are new to this major league and will need to learn a lot. the problem with a lot of people is that they are little league players and think that they know it all. Once they start traveling to DC a few times they realize how tiny they are in the whole scheme of things and nobody gives a ***** to them unless they are a big organization, have lot of resources and have a cause that will help US. So if your cause is only to help yourself, an immigrant foreigner why will someone help you. How will speeding up PERM help USA? Read your writeup again and you will see major flaw in it. It also points to lack of understanding of the issue and how to articulate it.

Quote:

I also sent emails to them from my personal email and hope that they can notice our complaints.
You are new to the green card process and US. It generally takes a person many years and sometimes even a decade to really understand the political and advocacy process in the country. Until that time people think that they can sign a petition/tell their lawyer/tell their company manager and then magically a law or rule will pass.

If you have so much trust in online petition how about asking for peace in the world to UNO or abolishing all borders between countries in a petition. It is also at least doing something instead of just waiting or doing nothing. Hope you got the idea.

Some old timers on IV have this awareness. But the problem once they actually understand it and become aware after many years their green card comes and they leave. So new members come up with such ideas and we have to go over it again and again. Its really tough to explain advocacy and even for me it took some time.

If you are interested, be invested in the organization by participating actively. By participation I mean spending time, your expertise and money on it. A unified effort of many such people will effect a fix you wish to seek. There is no other way. It is all a waste of time or just entertainment while you relax in your cubicle waiting for the postman to come to you wish a green card in hand.

Good luck with your green card journey. It has just begun and will be very long.

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 04-29-2014 at 03:03 PM.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute greyhair has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Unless online petition is targeted and has a specific background coordinated with some effort on the ground, it is damaging and sometimes even prevents good things from happening.

You will start your petition and your attachment to your petition will force you to think that you have done whatever was there to do. Similarly, others going through different issues will all start petitions, again believing that they have done what they could have done. And it will result in inactivity where activity is needed for fixing specific issue.

No one can stop you (some anonymous handle) online to start a petition. So go right ahead, and start another one, who cares.

You have probably seen thousands of petitions start online. Did any of those petitions help to move the needle? What is different about your online petition which makes you believe that its better that doing nothing. Why are there only two choices (1.) Start online petition (2.) Do nothing. If something is effecting you and others, why don't you think that there is nothing more than starting a petition that you can do? I am not trying to be negative. This is an sincere question.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:46 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pappu,

So whats the process of escalating processing times of 140 processing. It is really strange on how they are processing. Some are considered in 4 months and while many are waiting for year+. Is there any channel to bring this to their notice?

IV's contributions

Old 04-30-2014, 11:03 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchala View Post
Hi Pappu,

So whats the process of escalating processing times of 140 processing. It is really strange on how they are processing. Some are considered in 4 months and while many are waiting for year+. Is there any channel to bring this to their notice?
Good question. Let me write a long post about this when i get a chance today and try to explain based on my experience speaking with officials of various agencies over the last 8 years or so.

===================
-----------

Old 04-30-2014, 01:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

That would be great. Thanks Pappu!

Old 04-30-2014, 01:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Good question. Let me write a long post about this when i get a chance today and try to explain based on my experience speaking with officials of various agencies over the last 8 years or so.
That would be great. Thanks Pappu!

Old 05-01-2014, 01:18 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Pappu,

Can you please write this long post you were talking about?

IV's contributions

Old 05-01-2014, 05:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by manchala View Post
pappu,

can you please write this long post you were talking about?
+1

Old 05-01-2014, 06:47 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Have not had time to write. It's also tough to figure out what to say and what not to when posting such info publicly. All kinds of people read it. But over the course of days I will post or edit the post to add some insights gained.

Some key points I have experienced are
If you do not have time, money and motivation you should forget advocacy and do not get involved.
It is not for freeloaders. They are better off suffering in the long wait, getting screwed by employers, lawyers and the system. No matter how many posts you write, be active on forums calculating, predicting and tracking your suffering will not end sooner.

Once you get involved deeply, invest your time, money, vacations, weekends, and basically part of your life trying to solve the problem, you will forget about your own greencard. You will stop suffering and being selfishly think of everything from your own application as the center point. Your journey will become your reward, If greencard comes sooner due to fixes for everyone it will be icing on the cake that will double your contentment . you will learn a lot, be a better informed immigrant, assimilate better, and when you become US citizen you will be a better one than the others.

More later

===================
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 05-01-2014 at 06:51 PM.