Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 10:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all
Default Arizona boycott momentum growing

"Boycott Arizona" is now the 47th most popular search phrase in Google and that is surely a sign that efforts to sanction the state are accelerating. That little factoid should DEEPLY worry those in Arizona who are dismissing the threat (including Governor Brewer). Every major television news network and most major newspapers had stories today on the subject. And the advent of social media sites could have a major impact. After just a few hours online, a new Boycott Arizona Facebook group had more than 10,000 fans. Boycott calls were coming in from many fronts. First and foremost, cities around...

More...

Approved by IV Mods
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all

Amy Goodman: Boycotting Arizona's Racism
Old 04-30-2010, 11:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2007
Compare
whattodo21 will become famous soon enough whattodo21 will become famous soon enough
Default NY Times Editorial

Editorial - Stopping Arizona’s Anti-Immigration Law - NYTimes.com

Federal law requires noncitizens to carry documents but does not empower police officers to stop anyone they choose and demand to see papers. Arizona’s attempt to get around that by defining the act of standing on its soil without papers as a criminal act is repellent.

STOP ARIZONA COLD Arizona’s scheme will rely on federal databases to determine immigration status. It will also need the cooperation of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, or ICE, in accepting detainees.

TAKE BACK IMMIGRATION POLICY The Supreme Court has consistently ruled that states cannot make their own immigration laws. The Arizona debacle gives the Obama administration another chance to make it clear that the nation’s immigration policy cannot be left to a ragged patchwork of state and local laws.
Old 04-30-2010, 04:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc?? is infamous around these parts gc?? is infamous around these parts gc?? is infamous around these parts gc?? is infamous around these parts

Boycotting Arizona is better.
Utah, Texas following Arizona is bad............. however, if they take it on, it will only push immigration reform for further discussion. Do you think this will work to our advantage?
Old 05-01-2010, 06:15 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
snram4 is infamous around these parts snram4 is infamous around these parts snram4 is infamous around these parts snram4 is infamous around these parts snram4 is infamous around these parts snram4 is infamous around these parts snram4 is infamous around these parts snram4 is infamous around these parts snram4 is infamous around these parts snram4 is infamous around these parts snram4 is infamous around these parts

Everyone is bothered pubicly about 1 to 5% of innocents get harassed because of implementation of law but really they bothered about 95% of illegal immigrants gets punished. Most of pro immigration group not having guts to say that it is wrong to punish those 95% of illegal immigrants. When any new law comes there will be mistakes and because of that innocents coud be punished. Those mistakes need to be corrected. The real argument is whether it is correct to punish ilegal immigrants in AZ or not and is the state has power or not. But many pro immigrants are creating a panic that US citizens may be impacted and because of that law should not be implemented. That is not right argument

Quote:
Originally Posted by gc?? View Post
Boycotting Arizona is better.
Utah, Texas following Arizona is bad............. however, if they take it on, it will only push immigration reform for further discussion. Do you think this will work to our advantage?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all h1-b forever is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by snram4 View Post
Everyone is bothered pubicly about 1 to 5% of innocents get harassed because of implementation of law but really they bothered about 95% of illegal immigrants gets punished. Most of pro immigration group not having guts to say that it is wrong to punish those 95% of illegal immigrants. When any new law comes there will be mistakes and because of that innocents coud be punished. Those mistakes need to be corrected. The real argument is whether it is correct to punish ilegal immigrants in AZ or not and is the state has power or not. But many pro immigrants are creating a panic that US citizens may be impacted and because of that law should not be implemented. That is not right argument
The real people to be punished are the employers who hire the illegals. The reason illegals entering the country this past year is down is because the economy is down, and hiring is down. If the employers are brought to justice, the illegal immigration would be cut by a huge margin............. Attack the source (root) of the problem, not the stems (illegals) and the flowers (their children).