Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all
Default H-1B Cap Still Not Reached

As of June 26, 2009, approximately 44,800 H-1B petitions have been received and counted toward the 65,000 cap. USCIS continues to accept cap-subject petitions and advanced degree petitions until the 65,000 statutory cap limit is reached. More information is available at www.uscis.gov.

More...

Approved by IV Mods
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Germany
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
slammer is a name known to all slammer is a name known to all slammer is a name known to all slammer is a name known to all slammer is a name known to all slammer is a name known to all

That's makes me wonder why they haven't processed all H-1B applications yet for the next FY. According to there are so many pendig new applications ? Ours included
Less appplications = less work = faster processing, no ?
Old 07-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blog Feeds View Post
As of June 26, 2009, approximately 44,800 H-1B petitions have been received and counted toward the 65,000 cap. USCIS continues to accept cap-subject petitions and advanced degree petitions until the 65,000 statutory cap limit is reached. More information is available at www.uscis.gov. More...
I have a strong feeling that substantial number of applications from these 44K will be denied for lack of client letters. CIS is demanding client offer letters for applications effective Oct 2009. Not many consulting companies can show these offer letter so these cases will be denied and the numbers will free up. Its pretty nasty for small consulting companies to justify H1 these days.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future rockstart has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammer View Post
That's makes me wonder why they haven't processed all H-1B applications yet for the next FY. According to there are so many pendig new applications ? Ours included
Less appplications = less work = faster processing, no ?
That is because every application is now in two step process. Application received and reviewed. Then RFE issued and application re-evaluated. So pretty much USCIS work load has doubled compared to last year. havent seen a single application from a consulting firm being approved without RFE.
Called CHC and other law makers
Contacted Local Congressman for support to Immigration bills.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:37 AM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

Asking client letter is good. Companies can access H1b persons whole year eventhough cap will be reached. No impact for H1b program as still 65k will be reached. Mainly Indian consulting companies will have hard time getting H1b. But many of them will compensate by using L1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockstart View Post
I have a strong feeling that substantial number of applications from these 44K will be denied for lack of client letters. CIS is demanding client offer letters for applications effective Oct 2009. Not many consulting companies can show these offer letter so these cases will be denied and the numbers will free up. Its pretty nasty for small consulting companies to justify H1 these days.
Old 07-07-2009, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gopinathan has much to be proud of gopinathan has much to be proud of gopinathan has much to be proud of gopinathan has much to be proud of gopinathan has much to be proud of gopinathan has much to be proud of gopinathan has much to be proud of gopinathan has much to be proud of gopinathan has much to be proud of
Default Client letter for extensions

The latest I heard first hand is this.. your Hib extension is only as long as the client letter date. no more 3 year extensions and I wonder which client is ready to give a 3 year letter.. A friend of mine got 1 year letter and his 2nd H1B extension is for 11 months (till the end of the contract).

what is the status of first time H1Bs? are they getting 3 years or just 1 year or some based on the client letters ?

its nasty out there for sure..
Old 07-07-2009, 01:06 PM
ganguteli

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopinathan View Post
The latest I heard first hand is this.. your Hib extension is only as long as the client letter date. no more 3 year extensions and I wonder which client is ready to give a 3 year letter.. A friend of mine got 1 year letter and his 2nd H1B extension is for 11 months (till the end of the contract).

what is the status of first time H1Bs? are they getting 3 years or just 1 year or some based on the client letters ?

its nasty out there for sure..
It means these H1Bs need to come to IV and join this site if they want to stay in USA. Else they can pack their bags. They did enough of sightseeing to Niagra Falls and Las Vegas with their handy-cams. Now it is time to panic.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB1C
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/25/2013
Compare
go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute go_guy123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthil1 View Post
Asking client letter is good. Companies can access H1b persons whole year eventhough cap will be reached. No impact for H1b program as still 65k will be reached. Mainly Indian consulting companies will have hard time getting H1b. But many of them will compensate by using L1.
L1 is not easy either. They will tighten L1 regarding specialized knowledge.
Old 07-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts senthil1 is infamous around these parts

IV cannot get 3 year extension if CIS approves 1 year based on client letter. You can fight CIS only if CIS violates law. In this case it is just enforcement effort of existing regulations of H1b. But IV may be able to get green card for those people before their H1b expire if all or some of the IV agenda is passed in the congress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganguteli View Post
It means these H1Bs need to come to IV and join this site if they want to stay in USA. Else they can pack their bags. They did enough of sightseeing to Niagra Falls and Las Vegas with their handy-cams. Now it is time to panic.