Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 08:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all Blog Feeds is a name known to all
Default Reid: Gop is the "anti-immigrant" party

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid had some unusually harsh words for his colleagues across the aisle. From Politico: Reid became annoyed when [Univision's] Ramos asked him whether Democrats should be concerned about losing Latino votes in the midterm elections because of their failure to pass reform.'What you just said is so senseless,' the senator shot back. 'I don't know how you can say anything like that, when Harry Reid, ninety percent of the Democrats in the Senate and Barack Obama, all want comprehensive immigration reform,' he said. 'I believe, as has been indicated in all the polling, that even people...

More...

Approved by IV Mods
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:05 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
Others
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vivekjay is a glorious beacon of light vivekjay is a glorious beacon of light vivekjay is a glorious beacon of light vivekjay is a glorious beacon of light vivekjay is a glorious beacon of light vivekjay is a glorious beacon of light

Mr Reid...... You have the power, You are the senate majority leader, you have majority in the senate, the congress and has the presidency. What you don't have is the will. It might be true that Republicans are against immigration reform so put the bill to vote so we know exactly who is for it or not. Don't pass the blame when you are in the drivers seat.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Strange are the ways of politicians....
Old 05-13-2010, 12:05 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold India_USA is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakthisagar View Post
if Harry, democrates and The Presidentis are so concerned about immigration why cant they introduce a CIR this week in the Senate and Congress and put for vote? and pass it like they passed the health care

Mr.Harry Reid You will not win the elections for sure, if CIR is not introduced. for SURE I bet on you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekjay View Post
Mr Reid...... You have the power, You are the senate majority leader, you have majority in the senate, the congress and has the presidency. What you don't have is the will. It might be true that Republicans are against immigration reform so put the bill to vote so we know exactly who is for it or not. Don't pass the blame when you are in the drivers seat.
Forgive me for pointing this out - Reid, with his mighty power, brings CIR to vote - Dems and Reps vote on it. You will know who voted for it and who voted against it. But the bill fails (since it never had the support to pass from the very initial stages) - then what? By knowing who voted for and against - will your problems go away? I believe not!!!

Do you even know the provisions that will help you are in the bill? Have you talked about it with the lawmakers to find that out? Even if they are, do you know that these provisions will not be amended or thrown out during the process? What are you doing to ensure such things don't happen? Easy to talk, totally different to execute - please understand how the legislative process works. You will have more appreciation for IV is doing, and may even motivate you (us) to do a lot more than write on threads...........

If you want CIR to be successful, go talk to the legislators - legislators who are opposing or sitting on the fence - to support the bill. Make them understand your situation, help them to know your case and stand by your issue. Then blame Reid/Obama for not doing anything.

Even know there is time. Join the advocacy days, show your frustration with the current system to the people who can change it ........... make that difference.

Last edited by India_USA; 05-13-2010 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute eastindia has a reputation beyond repute

If CIR has to pass, the politicians have to work together as one. Once they start party politics everything will fail.