Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mygc2007 is on a distinguished road
Default How do pro forma Senate sessions impact HR3012

It appears to me that the Senate is currently in pro forma sessions. This means that essentially no bills may be taken for vote. Based on past record, it appears this will last through Thanksgiving. If this is true, does that mean Dec 3 to Dec 14 is the last chance for HR3012?

If there is only a two week window remaining for this bill what does that say about its future? (considering it has to first pass Senate and then go back to the House)
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:58 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/05/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute bigboy007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mygc2007 View Post
It appears to me that the Senate is currently in pro forma sessions. This means that essentially no bills may be taken for vote. Based on past record, it appears this will last through Thanksgiving. If this is true, does that mean Dec 3 to Dec 14 is the last chance for HR3012?

If there is only a two week window remaining for this bill what does that say about its future? (considering it has to first pass Senate and then go back to the House)
No one knows what happens in their life the very next day nor even very next minute... How can one project for Dec 3 to Dec 14 ? With all persistent efforts things will definitely move forward though... again you need to step up your activities and let your friends, family know of IV and they be ready for any future action items. HR3012 in 2012...
Old 09-26-2012, 06:07 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

There are 2 questions from the post.

One: do you think there is no chance for the bill? If you think there is no chance for the bill, why do you worry? And why waste time posting about it?

Two: Do you think there is a chance for the bill? If yes, then join this effort and help make it happen. Nobody else can make it happen unless you and everyone else here desperately want it. There are many other important things Lawmakers have to work on. So if we think it is important for us and it affects hundreds of thousands then each one of us (including yourself ) have to do our part. IV community is counting on each and every member concerned about this bill. Can we count on you after signing up for IV in April 2007 and this being your first post? It is time each one of us help spread awareness and get more people involved to make it happen. Sign up to be a volunteer, contribute and participate in action items as we post them.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 09-26-2012 at 08:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
mygc2007 is on a distinguished road

First let me say that I want to get more involved. This is our last chance. Yes, I have been idle since my last involvement in 2007. I want to fix that.

I have been reviewing a lot of information over the last 4 months and believe IV has done an excellent job over the past years and need more of our support.

Based on my research, Dec 03-14 is the last real chance of making a difference and if we all work on something bold we can get this bill on the floor and into a law.

I think there is a small but real chance to make this bill a reality and I am looking for new ideas on how we can influence our senators and make a difference. I did the phone calls and writing of letters and also received responses. I would like to do something bold and have some ideas and want to discuss and see how we can make some of that into a reality.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:55 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
First let me say that I want to get more involved. This is our last chance. Yes, I have been idle since my last involvement in 2007. I want to fix that.

I have been reviewing a lot of information over the last 4 months and believe IV has done an excellent job over the past years and need more of our support.

Based on my research, Dec 03-14 is the last real chance of making a difference and if we all work on something bold we can get this bill on the floor and into a law.

I think there is a small but real chance to make this bill a reality and I am looking for new ideas on how we can influence our senators and make a difference. I did the phone calls and writing of letters and also received responses. I would like to do something bold and have some ideas and want to discuss and see how we can make some of that into a reality.
Good to hear that. Welcome to join the active community of volunteers.
Could you please contact IV with your contact details and we will discuss how best we can benefit from your skills, location etc for the advocacy effort.

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Old 09-26-2012, 11:57 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/06/2006
Chargeability
:
Grenada
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
Beta_mle has a brilliant future Beta_mle has a brilliant future Beta_mle has a brilliant future Beta_mle has a brilliant future Beta_mle has a brilliant future Beta_mle has a brilliant future Beta_mle has a brilliant future Beta_mle has a brilliant future Beta_mle has a brilliant future Beta_mle has a brilliant future Beta_mle has a brilliant future

Pappu it seems to me that your initial response was totally inappropriate. The op just asked a process question and you more or less went on to harangue him about whether he believes or not in the cause and how he should get involved and all that. In fact you did not address his question at all but twisted his words to brow-beat him into getting involved. I think that was unseemly.
Is HR3012 the only purpose of IV's existence? It seems that every post coming from core is totally dedicated to that issue. How about other issues facing immigrants? Seeing the congressional calendar come to an end what is our exit strategy? At what point will we see the writing on the wall and admit that HR3012 is dead? How will we know that HR3012 is un-redeemable and any further effort is meaningless?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute katta has a reputation beyond repute

@Beta_mle well said. The OP has right question and @bigboy give him a philosophical BS and @papu gave him a lecture on IV.

Does HR3012 bill expire if senate could not take the bill between Dec 3 to Dec 14.
I remember reading a bill has to be taken up by the house/senate within an year after it came to the floor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta_mle View Post
Pappu it seems to me that your initial response was totally inappropriate. The op just asked a process question and you more or less went on to harangue him about whether he believes or not in the cause and how he should get involved and all that. In fact you did not address his question at all but twisted his words to brow-beat him into getting involved. I think that was unseemly.
Is HR3012 the only purpose of IV's existence? It seems that every post coming from core is totally dedicated to that issue. How about other issues facing immigrants? Seeing the congressional calendar come to an end what is our exit strategy? At what point will we see the writing on the wall and admit that HR3012 is dead? How will we know that HR3012 is un-redeemable and any further effort is meaningless?
Old 09-26-2012, 12:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute

In your response you go on to do the same thing that you accuse pappu of.
What his reponse to the OP clarified is that there is no point in continuing to comment on timelines and set countdowns. Most of us are aware that time is short..so time is better spent on doing the best we individually can to get the bill passed.
And yeah ..I do hope that IV's sole focus is on HR3012.at least we have one organization thinking for our benefit rather than other organizations/forums who are solely focused on their business agenda or random predictions! It is because HR3012 is IV's sole focus that you and me can hope that our wait time to get a GC is not 70 years.

Quote:
Old 09-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute in8thfloor has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"At what point will we see the writing on the wall and admit that HR3012 is dead?".
If you are doctor working on a patient and if you ask the patient’s loved once “At what point will we see the writing on the hospital documents and admit that your loved family member is dead”. What do you think the response will be? The point here is “what can you do” to make it sure HR3012 will pass.

Beta, we need to remember one thing here. Core IV are normal human beings like us. Working their regular JOBs and working on their personal and Family needs and issues. So it’s not fair to “demand” answers. They took initiative to work for all of us behalf. At this time we all need to help each of us to achieve the goal. Each of us needs to contribute in all the possible ways.
The take away here is, if we believe in the cause, contribute to the effort. The primary reason why not everything should be posted online is that the opponents of HR3021 are looking for clues to spoil our play. They don’t need a strategy unlike us. They only need to work against ours.
Remember that if request from 1000 constituents can convince a Senator to support HR3012, we will not need more than 10 opponents requesting the same Senator to scare them off, to not make a decision.

"Is HR3012 the only purpose of IV's existence?"
Don't you want to resolve this first? Instead do you want IV core to give up at the 98th meter, in a 100 meters race?

Lets not work against each other. Lets work together.
Old 09-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute lostcause2007 has a reputation beyond repute

Till such time I was just an online anonymous visitor on this forum, I believed my only role was to ask for updates or about when my PD would become current and I would get my GC. But after attending the IV rally/summit in San Jose and after seeing the passion of the people working for this bill, my thought process totally changed. Irrespective of whether the bill passes or not, I now want to be a part of the effort. TIme may be short but I truly think IV has a clear strategy which is explained by how cool and unfazed IV core was at the summit...really assuaged the attendees and convinced us that H.R3012 will PASS. We are among people who know every nitty-gritty of the Senate/House process and if they are not sharing the details here, it is probably because it cannot be done on a public forum, visited by people against the bill as well, just because someone asks for it.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by in8thfloor View Post
"At what point will we see the writing on the wall and admit that HR3012 is dead?".
If you are doctor working on a patient and if you ask the patient’s loved once “At what point will we see the writing on the hospital documents and admit that your loved family member is dead”. What do you think the response will be? The point here is “what can you do” to make it sure HR3012 will pass.

Beta, we need to remember one thing here. Core IV are normal human beings like us. Working their regular JOBs and working on their personal and Family needs and issues. So it’s not fair to “demand” answers. They took initiative to work for all of us behalf. At this time we all need to help each of us to achieve the goal. Each of us needs to contribute in all the possible ways.
The take away here is, if we believe in the cause, contribute to the effort. The primary reason why not everything should be posted online is that the opponents of HR3021 are looking for clues to spoil our play. They don’t need a strategy unlike us. They only need to work against ours.
Remember that if request from 1000 constituents can convince a Senator to support HR3012, we will not need more than 10 opponents requesting the same Senator to scare them off, to not make a decision.

"Is HR3012 the only purpose of IV's existence?"
Don't you want to resolve this first? Instead do you want IV core to give up at the 98th meter, in a 100 meters race?

Lets not work against each other. Lets work together.
Thank you for a good response. There will always be naysayers, racist folks, antis, arm chair critics every step of the way in this struggle. Instead we should get more motivated to do something positive for the community, Ignore their vile and move on. The end goal is important and we do our best to get it done. In any struggle of life only determined people achieve something and win.

===================
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 09-26-2012 at 01:27 PM.