Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 06:06 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sree7806 is on a distinguished road
Default Travel to India on AP for 2 months

Hi,
I am planning to travel to India on AP for 2 months. I will transit through Abhu Dhabi on Etihad Airlines from JFK. My 485 is pending and have valid AP and EAD.
I have expired H1B visa stamp in my passport.

Are there any issues in travelling on AP and staying in india for 2 months? Please advise.

Also, Did anyone use AP in this route?.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:35 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree7806 View Post
Hi,
I am planning to travel to India on AP for 2 months. I will transit through Abhu Dhabi on Etihad Airlines from JFK. My 485 is pending and have valid AP and EAD.

Are there any issues in travelling on AP and staying in india for 2 months? Please advise.

Staying in India on AP for 2 months is not an issue as long as u come back before it expires. About the transit visa requirements her eis another thread:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...-at-dubai.html (Transit visa needed at Dubai?)

Seems like no issue.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:37 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/03/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/21/2007
Compare
GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough GotFreedom? is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotFreedom? View Post
Staying in India on AP for 2 months is not an issue as long as u come back before it expires. About the transit visa requirements her eis another thread:

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...-at-dubai.html (Transit visa needed at Dubai?)

Seems like no issue.
sorry wrong link. I totally misread it.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
02/22/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute veereddy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree7806 View Post
Hi,

I've travelled in this route on AP 2 times in last 10 months, no issues at all.

- Monthly Contributor
- Total contributions over $1,000
Old 10-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sree7806 is on a distinguished road

Thank You
Old 10-18-2012, 04:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute TheNewTiger has a reputation beyond repute
Default AP and Transit through London

Hi:
I have visa expired in my passport. I have valid AP/EAD. Do I need to get transit visa on London heathrow airport?
Old 10-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rajkanna is on a distinguished road
Default InTransit Visa via London

Yes. You have to get In-transit visa. Fly through Arab countries or Europe (Jet Airways -Via Brussels)
Old 10-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sandeep_kamath is on a distinguished road
Default sandeep

We just got back from India yesterday after 8 weeks (work + vacation). No Issues anywhere. You will be asked for the AP/EAD card everywhere (Indian Immigration + airlines even as you transit). On arrival you will need to go to secondary immigration where it takes about 10mins per person. Immigration folks are friendly and quite sympathetic to the fact that we Indians have to wait forever for the GC . I did not see them create any issues to those on AP/EAD. You will need to show them UR driver's License if you have one. It is just that the whole verification process takes about 10 -12 mins per ahead.

Make sure you take care of the cards well and take them back after each verification.

regards,
sandeep.
Old 10-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/01/2011
Compare
jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute jnr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Ead/ap

Do they ask for any other documentation when they are verifying your EAD/AP?
Old 10-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03-28-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07-17-2007
Compare
kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of kopguy has much to be proud of
Default Delay at SFO using AP

I have been using AP to get back into states for last four years with no problems.

Although, last Wednesday it took me 4 hours to get out of immigration. There were no issues with documents but just took a lot of time.

Three or four flights landed around the same time. Took one hour just to get to the first immigration window and then was a big queue in the secondary office also due number of flights. Took two hours for officers to get to my papers and another hour for agent to enter whatever data she needed to enter.

It just seemed forever for process to end. Fortunately I was traveling alone and did not have kids they would have lost patience very soon and it would have been a disaster.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:23 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ricky87 is on a distinguished road

Good Luck and I hope you will stay healthy in India and have a memorable visit to India and come back a few more times to crazy India.so best of luck India from me
Old 11-20-2013, 04:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
ricky87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky87 View Post
Good Luck and I hope you will stay healthy in India and have a memorable visit to India and come back a few more times to crazy India.so best of luck India from me

seodubai.me - Seo Dubai | malaysian immigration form | free paper checker for plagiarism