Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 08:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CKR can only hope to improve
Default Mixing

I am happy for the first step and I am pretty sure Obama will unveil something similar to the senators today.

The only thing that worries me is that Obama is trying to get everything in one shot, mixing both illegal and legal immigration issues.

What if the majority of repub's are against some issuing sort of Citizenship to the illegals and the bill gets stalled in the congress?

May be I am being too pessimistic....or some one can throw some light that negates this scenario.

As one of the senators said yesterday that if this bill doesn't pass this year , it will be long time before someone even takes this issue again.

On the positive side, I am excited that some change is definitely in the making and things would no longer be as they were in 2012.

-CKR
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 08:21 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKR View Post
I am happy for the first step and I am pretty sure Obama will unveil something similar to the senators today.

The only thing that worries me is that Obama is trying to get everything in one shot, mixing both illegal and legal immigration issues.

What if the majority of repub's are against some issuing sort of Citizenship to the illegals and the bill gets stalled in the congress?

May be I am being too pessimistic....or some one can throw some light that negates this scenario.

As one of the senators said yesterday that if this bill doesn't pass this year , it will be long time before someone even takes this issue again.

On the positive side, I am excited that some change is definitely in the making and things would no longer be as they were in 2012.

-CKR
The real problem is undocumented and it is huge compared to ours. We are being selfish and want greencard. We are ignoring the real issue. If we want to be citizens we should confront it and participate in solving it. I was reading on other website and someone was against CIR because it may not help EB2I dates to progress. It shows who we are. There is another such person on this thread always asking for H4 visa work problem. What have we become?
Old 01-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute Flyingcrow has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
What have we become?
Tunnel Vision? Combined with restlessness from years of waiting and frustration
Old 01-29-2013, 08:44 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
venkateshp is on a distinguished road
Smile

To be frank.. FEAR kills you.. I visited India 3 times, and got stamping all the 3 times as I changed my employers. I was in complex situations like E-V-C. As long as you have enough documentation to support what you do, you should not worry. I feel bad when I heard people saying, they didn't visit their family for last 6 or 7 years, thinking they may struck for stamping. I feel there is more in life than visa stamping .
Old 01-29-2013, 09:02 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice
Default Can IV suggest I-140 Approval Date Count towards Citizenship

There are multiple special pathways to citizenship being proposed for Dreamers, Agricultural Workers, Can IV lobby for Adding Retrogressed Legal Immigrants use I-140 Approval Date to start counting towards Citizenship !!!

We have waited more than 15 years. Why wait another 5-6 years?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by helpisontheway View Post
There are multiple special pathways to citizenship being proposed for Dreamers, Agricultural Workers, Can IV lobby for Adding Retrogressed Legal Immigrants use I-140 Approval Date to start counting towards Citizenship !!!

how about counting from the day we entered US?

How about counting days from when we went to the US consulate for the first time?

What about counting from when we took the GRE exam?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:09 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/28/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
CKR can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
The real problem is undocumented and it is huge compared to ours. We are being selfish and want greencard. We are ignoring the real issue. If we want to be citizens we should confront it and participate in solving it. I was reading on other website and someone was against CIR because it may not help EB2I dates to progress. It shows who we are. There is another such person on this thread always asking for H4 visa work problem. What have we become?
Saar, According to your lines of thought .....May be then IV should advocate for illegals and we tax paying , law abiding legals would wait for them behind the line.

May be I am selfish but who is not in this world......?]

Everyone including the illegals have come to this country for better livelihood and expecting a fair deal is not selfish but it is a necessity ....when you see legal immiganta of same skills from other countries who came here are moving up the chain and you are stuck because you cannot change your job description and are in a 'bonded labor'.

-CKR
Old 01-29-2013, 09:10 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
09/25/2005
Compare
DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute DSLStart has a reputation beyond repute

+1. Atleast for EB applicants clock for citizenship should start from I-140 approval date. This is our best chance to get this provision included in CIR and I don't think Republicans or Democrats should have any objection. IV leadership should please take note of this.

Quote:

Old 01-29-2013, 09:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSLStart View Post
+1. Atleast for EB applicants clock for citizenship should start from I-140 approval date. This is our best chance to get this provision included in CIR and I don't think Republicans or Democrats should have any objection. IV leadership should please take note of this.
...and why wouldn't the Dems and Reps have an objection? What's the rationale?
Old 01-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuggymba View Post
...and why wouldn't the Dems and Reps have an objection? What's the rationale?

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Old 01-29-2013, 09:44 AM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Any new idea requires a lot of work. It takes a lot of time and resources. It is not as simple as posting on the forum or starting an online petition. Petitions and forum posts means nothing in the real world for advocacy to get work done. There a people with millions and a full time staff and a team of lobbyists working on their ideas for their bill since a long time. One cannot just walk into a meeting and present an idea. As you can see even for simple fixes that some ignorantly call low hanging fruits on the forums, how much time it has taken and still not done. Once people participate more in meetings, come to DC often for advocacy meetings they will know how hard it is.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------

Last edited by pappu; 01-29-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice
Default How about Rubio / Mike Lee bat for us on this?

Quote:

How about counting days from when we went to the US consulate for the first time?

The reason is Retrogression is not by our Choice... We are victims of the System they are trying to Fix. We have been here long enough, we know our English pretty well and We have paid more than 15 years of Taxes.

Dems will Bargain for Dreamers , Can't we find someone on the Republican side that sees our point... How about Marco Rubio? Already Mike Lee has left the negotiations making the same argument...

Why Mike Lee quit the Gang of Eight

Lee backs out of immigration compromise | The Salt Lake Tribune
Old 01-29-2013, 09:50 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappu View Post
Any new idea requires a lot of work. It takes a lot of time and resources. It is not as simple as posting on the forum or starting an online petition. Petitions and forum posts means nothing in the real world for advocacy. There a people with millions and a full time staff and a team of lobbyists working on their ideas for their bill since a long time. One cannot just walk into a meeting and present an idea. As you can see even for simple fixes that some ignorantly call low hanging fruits on the forums, how much time it has taken and still not done. Once people participate more in meetings, come to DC often for advocacy meetings they will know how hard it is.
But have some mercy on us who are in brainstorming mode .. I only wish we were better informed so we could avoid the pitfalls like making foolish new ideas!
Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I would have thumbed you down for this, but for some reason the feature is not available

I request you to stop confronting people like this. We all know the meaning of an approved i-140 so it does make sense
Old 01-29-2013, 10:13 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute spicy_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

+10 on this.
Well, this is ideal. Or at least, from the time people file their 485. This is a reasonable claim. We see many people waiting for more than an year after filing 485 with / without Visa numbers.