Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2013, 10:19 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicy_guy View Post
+10 on this.
Well, this is ideal. Or at least, from the time people file their 485. This is a reasonable claim. We see many people waiting for more than an year after filing 485 with / without Visa numbers.
One way to fix the "broken" system would be to enable bypassing the GC so that people never have to wait more than 5 years... again just brainstorming
Old 01-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute unluckydude has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
+10 on this.
Well, this is ideal. Or at least, from the time people file their 485. This is a reasonable claim. We see many people waiting for more than an year after filing 485 with / without Visa numbers.
I agree that they should consider for people waiting for a long time since filing 485. Assuming the provisions include removing country cap, everyone of them will get their card in a year or two and after 5 years anyway they all are eligible to apply for citizenship. If we had the same concession 5 or 6 years ago, people waiting now will already have card and be ready to file/filed for citizenship.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 10:34 AM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of
Default c span 2 now

there is immigration debate going on now.
senator hatch from utah mentioned IMMIGRATION VOICE as one of the supportes of the bill., with microsoft, facebook etc
they are talking about per country elimination,recapture, and everything
Old 01-29-2013, 10:35 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice helpisontheway is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gk_2000 View Post
One way to fix the "broken" system would be to enable bypassing the GC so that people never have to wait more than 5 years... again just brainstorming
The Congress will be open to plans that can Fund this mass Legalization Program without the USCIS asking for more money or asking the Undocumented for more Fees.

We can go through I-485 stage get our GC, pay appropriate fees.

Again We can pay Fees when we Apply for Citizenship. If you consider 1 million retrogressed, they can easily see a $ billion or more which they will get now.

If we are telling Congress that we would rather pay our Citizenship Fees now instead of 5 years later, they might take it.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRamdev View Post
senator hatch from utah mentioned IMMIGRATION VOICE as one of the supportes of the bill., with microsoft, facebook etc
Good.

Hoping for more in the days to come.

Facebook | YouTube | Twitter | Mailing List

===================
I do not give legal advice. You can pay and get it from Lawyers. Just show me some love and click the links above to help ImmigrationVoice any way you choose.
-----------
Old 01-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
cjagtap is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaRamdev View Post
There are two immigration bills introduced by Senator's at the same time. The Orrin Hatch-Amy Klobuchar Immigration Bill is the one that most of the Immigration Voice members would be interested in as it deals with our problems of retrogression created by annual country limits on visa numbers. It also deals with the issues of STEM, increasing H1 numbers automatically and allowing H4 to work. The other McCain - Group of 8 bill deals with Illegal Immigration, and this is the one which is being discussed endlessly. Just thought I would add some more clarity to the only response related to the thread heading (People have posted and reponded so many unrelated issues in this thread, you have to remind yourself that you are in the correct place
Old 01-29-2013, 12:40 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/05/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts Saralayar is infamous around these parts
Default The same I proposed few years back

Quote:
+10 on this.
The same I proposed few years back in this forum. There was good response but no one from IV took this as an important idea.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute gk_2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default How nice it would be ....

It'll be nice if they just get our matter out of the way in one swipe and start accepting citizenship applications from us .. after all, there seems to be spirit of Amnesty in the air so we should also get some action
Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 PM
Priority Date
:
May-11
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute pd052011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It'll be nice if they just get our matter out of the way in one swipe and start accepting citizenship applications from us .. after all, there seems to be spirit of Amnesty in the air so we should also get some action
Amen Brother!!

The only 2 things the President mentioned in the legal immigration domain is:
a) STEM student green cards
b) Entrepreneur visa

Wonder why he did not mention addressing issues in current legal immigration?
Old 01-29-2013, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saralayar View Post
The same I proposed few years back in this forum. There was good response but no one from IV took this as an important idea.
You mean this
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/fo...mmigrants.html (Petition for Citizenship - Legal Non- Immigrants)

Did Potus reply to you?
Old 01-29-2013, 02:33 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of AnnaRamdev has much to be proud of
Default Many thanks to iv volunteer admin staff

i personally dont know of any OTHER body,institution or organisation who have done more to solve legal immigration issues then IMMIGRATION VOICE.
MANY MANY THANKS
Old 01-29-2013, 02:48 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/23/2007
Compare
gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute gc_check has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pd052011 View Post
Amen Brother!!

The only 2 things the President mentioned in the legal immigration domain is:
a) STEM student green cards
b) Entrepreneur visa

Wonder why he did not mention addressing issues in current legal immigration?
Go check this... Some of the solution for the ones already in the process.. Well, it all depends on what actually is there in the end. Whether it is explicitly mentioned by President or not, These could be added as an amendment to the CIR or who know could sail on its own (though unlikely) sine this does not have all that Dens would like to have,
http://www.hatch.senate.gov/public/_...1de2d8/i-d.pdf
Old 01-29-2013, 03:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/01/2010
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/29/2012
Compare
smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute smuggymba has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would have thumbed you down for this, but for some reason the feature is not available

I request you to stop confronting people like this. We all know the meaning of an approved i-140 so it does make sense
LOL; it's my lucky day today.