Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 06:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute
Post Third Annual Conference by The Office of the USCIS Ombudsman

Today I received the following e-mail as I subscribed to updates from the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman for the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
Hope IV core members attends this conference as e-mail mentions that "This conference provides a forum to exchange ideas and suggestions on the immigration challenges faced by individuals, families, and employers with leaders from across the government, non-governmental organizations".

The Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman is hosting its Third Annual Conference.
Government and Stakeholders Together: Improving Immigration Services.

October 24, 2013

9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

National Archives

700 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.

Washington, D.C.

While comprehensive immigration reform remains a high priority, it is vital that both government and the public continue to work together to address current issues that impact our immigration system. This conference provides a forum to exchange ideas and suggestions on the immigration challenges faced by individuals, families, and employers with leaders from across the government, non-governmental organizations and the private sector. Please find a link to the conference program below which includes descriptions of the day's panel discussions.

If you would like to attend, please register by emailing your name, title, business/organization/agency affiliation, and phone number to cisombudsman.publicaffairs@hq.dhs.gov with ďAnnual ConferenceĒ in the subject line.

Registration will remain open until all registration slots are full.

If you have questions about the conference program, please email Senior Advisor Margaret Gleason at Margaret.Gleason@hq.dhs.gov or cisombudsman.publicaffairs@hq.dhs.gov.

Sincerely,

Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

U.S. Department of Homeland Security

CIS Ombudsman | Homeland Security
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 06:59 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Someone will have to take a couple of days off from work, arrange for his hotel and plane ticket, rental car, food, parking etc to attend this. For us working professionals we just get 10 days vacation time each year we use to go to India.

How can someone with a job attend this? Those who go for such meetings are really great people and should be honored for their sacrifices.
Old 10-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Apr-09
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/31/2012
Compare
The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute The Alchemist has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up IV is being represented in this conference

FYI...

Aman has been invited to represent IV in the following panel discussion tomorrow as part of the Third Annual Conference being hosted by Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. This conference will also feature keynote remarks from U.S. Department of Homeland Security Acting Secretary Rand Beers and from the White House Domestic Policy Councilís Senior Policy Director for Immigration Felicia Escobar.

Panel 1: Challenges in High Skilled Immigration - This panel will review high skilled immigration options (H-1Bs, L-1s, and the path to permanent residency) for employers and individuals. Panelists will discuss legal, policy, and operational challenges, and potential changes to the statutory framework governing temporary and permanent high skilled immigration.

Moderator: Gary Merson, CIS Ombudsmanís Office
Panelists: Kate Augustia, USCIS
Aman Kapoor, Immigration Voice
Lynden Melmed, Berry, Appleman & Leiden
Karla Moran, USCIS
Old 10-23-2013, 08:57 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute Murthy has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Go IV

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquit View Post
FYI...

Aman has been invited to represent IV in the following panel discussion tomorrow as part of the Third Annual Conference being hosted by Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. This conference will also feature keynote remarks from U.S. Department of Homeland Security Acting Secretary Rand Beers and from the White House Domestic Policy Councilís Senior Policy Director for Immigration Felicia Escobar.

Panel 1: Challenges in High Skilled Immigration - This panel will review high skilled immigration options (H-1Bs, L-1s, and the path to permanent residency) for employers and individuals. Panelists will discuss legal, policy, and operational challenges, and potential changes to the statutory framework governing temporary and permanent high skilled immigration.

Karla Moran, USCIS
Let us show our VOICE !!!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:16 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquit View Post
FYI...

Karla Moran, USCIS
Great news. I hope they talk about backlogs and EAD for H4 rule.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Sep-08
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute manchala has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc View Post

Everyone from EB community is debited to IV and Aman for the selfless hard-work they are doing.

Think about anyone being in his shoes and spend your personnel time for a community cause with out expecting anything.

Hats off to you guys..

IV's contributions
Old 10-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cost of EAD/AP for EB3I backlogged

Can we bring up the issue of EAD and AP cost to people in EB3 I category who filed before the new fee structure kicked in. EB3 I people who applied in the July 2007 fiasco, have to pay the renewal fees for EAD and AP each time. People who applied after July 2007 paid a higher one time fee and they can renew as many times with no fee required. There are many EB3 I people who filed before new fee structure and they are paying at each renewal time, I am one of them. Till now we have renewed at least 4 times and paid much more than the current fee structure requires. With no signs for immigration reform, I would like if IV can take up this issue. I guess this is just an administrative fix.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:00 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute imh1b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
Can we bring up the issue of EAD and AP cost to people in EB3 I category who filed before the new fee structure kicked in. EB3 I people who applied in the July 2007 fiasco, have to pay the renewal fees for EAD and AP each time. People who applied after July 2007 paid a higher one time fee and they can renew as many times with no fee required. There are many EB3 I people who filed before new fee structure and they are paying at each renewal time, I am one of them. Till now we have renewed at least 4 times and paid much more than the current fee structure requires. With no signs for immigration reform, I would like if IV can take up this issue. I guess this is just an administrative fix.
This fix will have a big financial loss to USCIS. So they will not want to do it. With all the budget problems how we can suggest extra source of income for USCIS to do this fix?
Old 10-24-2013, 03:01 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future
Default USCIS needs to follow priority dates

We also need USCIS to follow the priority dates when processing the I 485 for the final adjudication.

TX IV member
Old 10-24-2013, 03:12 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwait4gc View Post
EAD for H4 idea was dead many years ago. It was only on a lawyer website so people kept visiting and talking about it. The other place for it was online petitions. Some websites like those threads so people can discuss and do more page views for their ad revenue.

There is no strong reason to give EAD for H4 when so many Americans are without jobs. Such fix effectively doubles number of H1Bs in the country. H4s on EAD will enter job market, agree to work for less money because there is no Dept. of Labor check for EAD, undercut US salaries and jobs by flooding market. There is not many H4s affected by it. If H4s are qualified they can get H1B visa to work just like all other H1s in the country. If you want to be specific to Indian H4s then, all Indian H4s should first contact their Prime Minister and MPs and get a rule made to allow spouses of US citizen work visa holders to work. India does not allow spouses and dependents of work visa holders to work in their country. So how can you expect USA to do that. This is an official explanation and H4s did not do anything about it with Indian government. There are so many reasons that will go against working on this rule.

The rule that should happen is to stop giving EADs to J1 and L1 visa holders. There needs to be more strict rules for L1 visa holders like H1 so that exploitation stops. There needs to be more strict laws against employers who exploit workers or hire more foreign workers than hiring local US citizen workers. These kind of rules are good for US and also all citizen and foreign workers.
Old 10-24-2013, 03:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/17/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanprabhu View Post
We also need USCIS to follow the priority dates when processing the I 485 for the final adjudication.
They should not follow priority dates. If they follow it we will go back 10 years where so many visas were wasted. Just approve whatever application is completed and ready for approval fast rather than waiting for approvals in a sequence order. We do not want any wastage and no delays.
Old 10-25-2013, 01:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-10
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/25/2011
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute longwait4gc has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
EAD for H4 idea was dead many years ago. It was only on a lawyer website so people kept visiting and talking about it. The other place for it was online petitions. Some websites like those threads so people can discuss and do more page views for their ad revenue.

There is no strong reason to give EAD for H4 when so many Americans are without jobs. Such fix effectively doubles number of H1Bs in the country. H4s on EAD will enter job market, agree to work for less money because there is no Dept. of Labor check for EAD, undercut US salaries and jobs by flooding market. There is not many H4s affected by it. If H4s are qualified they can get H1B visa to work just like all other H1s in the country. If you want to be specific to Indian H4s then, all Indian H4s should first contact their Prime Minister and MPs and get a rule made to allow spouses of US citizen work visa holders to work. India does not allow spouses and dependents of work visa holders to work in their country. So how can you expect USA to do that. This is an official explanation and H4s did not do anything about it with Indian government. There are so many reasons that will go against working on this rule.

The rule that should happen is to stop giving EADs to J1 and L1 visa holders. There needs to be more strict rules for L1 visa holders like H1 so that exploitation stops. There needs to be more strict laws against employers who exploit workers or hire more foreign workers than hiring local US citizen workers. These kind of rules are good for US and also all citizen and foreign workers.
Thanks for your concern.
It looks like IV is officially fighting for this. If you differ then you should bring it up with IV admins and let us know if the position changed.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:42 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Houston1 is on a distinguished road

I read almost all posts and everyone try to best to describe the topic, I think There are many EB3 I people who filed before new fee structure and they are paying at each renewal time, I am one of them. Till now we have renewed at least 4 times and paid much more than the current fee structure requires. With no signs for immigration reform, I would like if IV can take up this issue. I guess this is just an administrative fix.Thanks to all....
__________________________________________________ __
US Citizenship Through Parents | Naturalization for Spouses of US Citizens
Old 12-10-2013, 11:55 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/07/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future sanprabhu has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by imh1b View Post
They should not follow priority dates. If they follow it we will go back 10 years where so many visas were wasted. Just approve whatever application is completed and ready for approval fast rather than waiting for approvals in a sequence order. We do not want any wastage and no delays.
How can they not be following the priority dates even for pre-adjudicated RFEed I-485? Take my case an example, I had received the RFE in May and in Aug (ported), my case was not picked until Oct 2013 and received my card with only dates to spare. I was seeing people with dates from 2008 etc are getting their card while we are waiting much longer time.

Next year, there will be lot of people who will be disappointed because USCIS is not processing the applications by priority date and for India it is an acute issue if you do not get in in 2 months then you will wait for one more year.

TX IV member
Old 12-10-2013, 12:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute Madhuri has a reputation beyond repute

I second Houston1....
not sure how many of us are in the same boat. We need to start a drive to address this issue. If IV can help us to bring our plight to the USCIS officials that would really help. We have paid many times for EAD-AP renewals till now which is well beyond the current fee structure.