Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Recent Blogs
Click to log in with Facebook
Recent Blogs RSS feeds of select Blogs on Immigration

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2009, 09:35 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Mexico
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute Jaime has a reputation beyond repute
Default Earned Legalization

We should go for "Earned Legalization" for people who have been working legally in the U.S. for 5 years. A large majority of us have been legally living in the U.S. for many years, paying millions in taxes, creating jobs, patents and in general benefitting the U.S., our adopted country that we love and are loyal to. Most of us have been completely assimilated and contribute to society, economy and the future of the country.

We should be given the right to stay, we have earned it

It is a shame that we are stuck in limbo, with no path to permanent residence status, and many of us are asked to immediately leave upon expiration of our temporary work visas

And here there are renewed calls to help those who came here illegally, many of whom are good people...but if so many people want to help illegals, shouldn't we legals at least be given the same chance? There aren't that many of us (less than half a million) and we have played by the rules. We call for a simple process to adjust to Legal Permanent Resident Status, if the calls for immigration reform that claim that "illegals will go to the back of the line" are sincere.

We ask for nothing more than what is fair, and Earned Legalization is only fair

We made history at the DC rally! This is only the beginning and Victory is the only option. We'll reach it together!

Let's focus on more action to stop the U.S. Reverse Brain Drain! Let's not let the iron cool!
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 12:20 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute neverbefore has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Yay to that

Yay to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
We should go for "Earned Legalization" for people who have been working legally in the U.S. for 5 years. A large majority of us have been legally living in the U.S. for many years, paying millions in taxes, creating jobs, patents and in general benefitting the U.S., our adopted country that we love and are loyal to. Most of us have been completely assimilated and contribute to society, economy and the future of the country.

We should be given the right to stay, we have earned it

It is a shame that we are stuck in limbo, with no path to permanent residence status, and many of us are asked to immediately leave upon expiration of our temporary work visas

And here there are renewed calls to help those who came here illegally, many of whom are good people...but if so many people want to help illegals, shouldn't we legals at least be given the same chance? There aren't that many of us (less than half a million) and we have played by the rules. We call for a simple process to adjust to Legal Permanent Resident Status, if the calls for immigration reform that claim that "illegals will go to the back of the line" are sincere.

We ask for nothing more than what is fair, and Earned Legalization is only fair
Old 06-28-2009, 01:20 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/01/2008
Compare
sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold sugaur is a splendid one to behold

You are right.
It makes me sick to see all these politicians pander to the illegals for fear of antagonizing the Hispanics.
It seems like the only way we, law abiding tax paying legal immigrants will ever get a GC is by linking out lot with the illegals in the CIR,
I personally dont mind waiting for ten years for my GC, but do not want to see the illegals rewarded. Not only is it immoral, it will fundamentally change USA with an influx of uneducated people and thier families by chain migration. I am not sure I would want to stay in such a country.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:29 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute new_horizon has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,
let's not discuss about the undocumented, but let's only focus on our issues. Let's work to make sure our provisions are included in the CIR. Remember the CIR issue has come up because of the undocumented. There are lots of things going on behind the scenes which the IV core is actively pursuing. As soon as we get some instructions, we should be prepared to act. It's very important that we act because time is of the essence here. There is a very good chance that we can be successful this time if we act in unison.

- Member of MI IV Chapter
- Contributing $25 monthly since 2007
- Several one-time contributions totalling over $1,500
- Participated in ALL Advocacy Efforts in Washington DC & San Jose since JUL 2007
- I am doing my part, have you done yours to advance our mutual cause?

* If you have the Faith of a Mustard Seed You can say to the Mountain 'Be Moved', and it WILL be Moved!!

** Faith without Action is Futile.

- The Bible