Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute gc_chahiye has a reputation beyond repute
Default "issues in a nutshell" on main page

I think thats a very good summary of the current problems, though we should probably also focus on visa number rollover and recapture. In the current mess recapture of the 200K visa's lost since 1992 is the most face-saving way out for DOS/USCIS if they want to solve this. They can stand by their stance that all numbers are out right now, but if from October they can include an additional 200K visa's the bulletins will move fast and we'll all get relief soon.

The two main goals (reduce delays, remove country-caps) are good, but we need an intermediate fix which will be easier for everyone (from lawmakers to DOS/USCIS, to immigration opponents) to handle. The atmosphere is not there for a big immigration reform in favor of skilled immigrants, we have seen that. That will need to probably wait till 2009. Recapture and future-rollover can be this intermediate relief. We are not asking for an increase in the allotment, we are not giving the impression that more greencards will go to Indians and Chinese.

Last edited by gc_chahiye; 07-11-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immi_twinges is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Yes i agree ..

Visa numbers should be recaptured
Why do we or the companies have to suffer because of USCIS laziness.

We do our part of work and they must do theirs. Its their job

They are so strict about the rules and regulations for immigrants but there is no one to question them.

We should demand to recapture the lost visas...

I applied for EAD 2 years ago and i did not get my EAD. My stupid lawyer told us that he never applied as i still have my H1 but indeed they applied and the USCIS lost the application.
Finally got it after 2.5 years.
They can do what every they want but if we work one day with out work permit we are screwed

We should expose USCIS incapabilities. they are a bunch of slackers

Old 07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/18/2007
Compare
pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute pak has a reputation beyond repute
Default Only solution

Increasing or recapturing visa numbers is the only solution to clear PD. If you have applied before Dec. 2005, you need 300000 visa numbers available to get GC. Work on that....

Old 07-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
sundevil is a name known to all sundevil is a name known to all sundevil is a name known to all sundevil is a name known to all sundevil is a name known to all sundevil is a name known to all
Default Primary and immediate Goal

Yes this should be our primary and immediate goal. It would mean reduction in backlogs to a large extent and lot of fees to USCIS. That way they get paid even for their inefficiency in wasting these numbers over the past few years with the new fee structure.

Approximately:
Total unused Visa numbers 200,000. If it takes about 2 years to get these approved, each applicant will spend 1000(first time appl incl EAD+AP)+700(AP+EAD for second year).
340 Million just from application fees.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Banned
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts TomPlate is infamous around these parts

I have created a new thread. Please post and talk on that we can join hands by that way.