Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
04/15/2007
Compare
GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold GCwaitforever is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by msp1976
The following are my opinions...Not IV position..

In a way having the legaliazation of illegals provision in the bill can help our cause...The opponents of the bill would spend much of their energy in opposing the amnesty..So when the legal immigration comes up for discussion they would have spent their energy and provisions helping us would keep under the radar would never be discussed too much and slip through get into final bill....

But the logjam situation that the legalization would create can harm us a lot..Even if the illegal cannot adjust status immedialtely...they are all are supposed to file some sort of application to prove illegibility for amnesty...Those applications 10-12 million of them could eat up all USCIS resourcess.There would be 10-12 million EAD applications..Then we would get stuck even if we are at the 'start' of the 'said line'....We would be sitting in the line for 5-6 more y ears...

This sitiation is tricky....
I agree that we need to focus on upcoming conference report to get the bill thru. But I can not forget my past experience with 245(i) petitions flooding and makng my 2001 PD useless. You are talking about blue card workers (AgJobs bill), H2C workers, children of illegal immigrants (DREAM act) also in addition to existing quotas. I am hoping for a miracle.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-05-2006, 05:42 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobers is on a distinguished road

245(i) screwed us up...unfortunately i don't see dates moving a lot beyond april for eb3
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote