Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2007, 11:47 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
zzsbzz is just really nice zzsbzz is just really nice zzsbzz is just really nice zzsbzz is just really nice zzsbzz is just really nice
Default Wondering

I'm wondering if these figures actually provide ammo for people who claim that H1b is driving down salary. A $50k median starting and a $60k median is not that great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akred

Median salary for H1B in computer related occupations: $60,000

Median salary for H1B in computer related occupations for initial employment: $50,000

Median salary for H1B in computer related occupations for continuing employment: $68,000
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 02:38 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2005
Chargeability
:
Pakistan
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2005
Compare
engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough engineer is a jewel in the rough
Default Lou Dobb- trying to cover up- Because I'm the managing editor

From http://blog.nam.org/archives/dobbs_watch/
(I saw this 60 minutes show as well)

But the best part of the interview for non-fans like us who regularly point out Lou's non-obsession with the facts, was an exchange with Stahl where she notes that in the course of a story on illegal immigrant carrying diseases into the US, Dobbs minion Christine Romans says there were 7,000 cases of leprosy in the US in the past 3 years. Says Stahl, "60 Minutes checked that and found a report issued by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, saying that 7,000 is the number of leprosy cases over the last 30 years, not the past three. The report also says that nobody knows how many of those cases involve illegal immigrants." (Emphasis ours). This exchange then ensues:

"We went to try and check that number, 7,000. We can't...," Stahl says.
"Well, I can tell you this. If we reported it, it's a fact," Dobbs replies.

"You can't tell me that. You did report it," Stahl says.

"I just did," Dobbs says.

"How can you guarantee that to me?" Stahl asks.

Says Dobbs, "Because I'm the managing editor. And that's the way we do business. We don't make up numbers, Lesley."

Wow. Let's let the arrogance linger in the air just a bit, shall we...?

But that's not all. In the end of the interview, there's this back and forth on whether Lou is a journalist, which of course everyone knows he's not. Imagine an interview with a guy claiming he's Elvis. Same-same:

STAHL: I'm sitting here saying to myself, `This man runs a news show?'
Mr. DOBBS: Hmm. I do.

STAHL: And you can just tell me you don't like the president. Whoo.

Mr. DOBBS: I, matter of fact, insist that the audience know where I come from.

STAHL: What about fair and balanced?

Mr. DOBBS: I've never, Lesley, found the truth to be fair and balanced. I found it to be...

STAHL: But that's--but wait, what's the definition of "journalism?" That that's in there.

Mr. DOBBS: I...

STAHL: That has to be part of what a journalist is, is fair and balanced.

Mr. DOBBS: I truly believe there's a nonpartisian, independent reality. But more of the same...

STAHL: But it's your reality.

Mr. DOBBS: It is my reality.

STAHL: But it's not the reality.

Mr. DOBBS: Well, how so

Old 07-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Foster2007 is on a distinguished road
Default Lawsuit on Lou Dobbs

Can he be sued for repeatedly misreporting facts?

Old 07-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rogerdepena is on a distinguished road

can some of you guys pm me Lou Dobbs-related issues? i'm trying to make a blog entirely focus on Lou Dobbs lies. thanks.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
eager_immi is on a distinguished road

Can we all take a month from his list of trancscripts and read through his transcripts and see which one has the H1B mistatement. I think he said this sometime in 2005 or 2006 we only need 24 participants.
'http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ldt.html

Old 07-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by eager_immi
Can we all take a month from his list of trancscripts and read through his transcripts and see which one has the H1B mistatement. I think he said this sometime in 2005 or 2006 we only need 24 participants.
'http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ldt.html
ill take december 2006. lets create a list of people willing to tackle this challenge. "Taskforce Lou Dobb's Lies", it sounds great.

Last edited by rogerdepena; 07-18-2007 at 04:35 PM.

Old 07-18-2007, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kams is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Lou Dobs is going to talk about immigration legislation burried in defence spending bill (which is under debate now) now. He just mentioned that there are pieces of 'Amnesty' legislation in the bill and he is gonna talk about it.

If anyone has DVR please record it and we can disect it and post it on you tubes.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of amitga has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by kams
Lou Dobs is going to talk about immigration legislation burried in defence spending bill (which is under debate now) now. He just mentioned that there are pieces of 'Amnesty' legislation in the bill and he is gonna talk about it.

If anyone has DVR please record it and we can disect it and post it on you tubes.
I also heard the same thing. It is not clear if whole immigration bill has been attached to defence bill or only illegal immigrant part of it.

Old 07-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/12/2007
Compare
485_se_dukhi is on a distinguished road

Here's the link to the transcripts of the "Tonight" show:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ldt.html

This can be used as a starting point for fact checking his claims and assertions, without having to sit through his shows..
Initial contribution $200 + Sent flowers + $50/m recurring deposit + Sent thank you cards + Contributed $100 towards the rally + Bought IV T-shirts for the rally+ Attended Sept 18 Rally + Met our local congresswoman

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - G. B. Shaw

Old 07-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macaca
It is very important that we have all Lou Dobbs resources handy in one thread. I blog his LIES and need this info very quickly before the blog closes. Please contribute to this effort. Thanks!

Please note that we need to collect facts (with URL) rather then IV member opinions!
im blogging too. i suggest we share articles. i just made mine today. here's the link:

http://thetruthandthetail.blogspot.com/

i'll try to update as often as possible.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster2007
Can he be sued for repeatedly misreporting facts?
Of course he can be sued. You just need to prove that you were harmed by his inane comments.

Old 07-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/06/2007
Compare
Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold Milind123 is a splendid one to behold

One way to end his mis-information is to make a list of the companies who advertise on his show. After that we need to communicate with these companies about the lies he spews on his show and also threaten to boycott all their products, if they continue to sponsor his show.

Remember, I can't make a difference, you can't make a difference. But both of us can certainly make a difference.

Old 07-21-2007, 09:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzsbzz
I'm wondering if these figures actually provide ammo for people who claim that H1b is driving down salary. A $50k median starting and a $60k median is not that great.
It's not too far off the mark. The median for initial employment is likely skewed by all the college hires and new arrivals. The $50k median is not too far off the mark from the $53,000 median reported by UIUC for 2005. The median for continuing employment is quite respectable at $68,000.

http://www.engr.uiuc.edu/about/facts.php

Last edited by akred; 07-21-2007 at 09:43 PM.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/03/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice amoljak is just really nice
Default LCA Salary vs. real salary

All these statistics are based on wage rate specified on LCA. But in many cases LCA wage is treated as a minimum wage by companies. I don't think many companies get a new LCA when the salary rises, I don't think they are supposed to. It also does not include bonuses as companies often don't know what the bonus is going to be when they apply for an LCA.

Even based on the LCA salaries 10% H1Bs in 2006 were for 100K or more. (Unlike what the programmer's guild wrongly says (1%) )

Last edited by amoljak; 07-21-2007 at 11:56 PM.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:54 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of
Default send info to the interviewers of Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milind123
One way to end his mis-information is to make a list of the companies who advertise on his show. After that we need to communicate with these companies about the lies he spews on his show and also threaten to boycott all their products, if they continue to sponsor his show.

Remember, I can't make a difference, you can't make a difference. But both of us can certainly make a difference.
I saw in one of the interviews, Lou gave where the interviewer particularly questioned the authenticity his claims and numbers. So that is where he was checked in. So identify those interviewers and send the facts so that when he gives another interview, he will be questioned again.