Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 08:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
Canadianindian will become famous soon enough Canadianindian will become famous soon enough
Default Business Week Article

Please Digg this article.

http://digg.com/politics/The_Gandhi_Protests
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute

Good one - excellent start.

There was a time when people never wanted to join IV or come out in the open and I guess it is fear. Immigrants have this hidden fear of getting noticed. But looks like that is not the case anymore. Indians, Chinese, Polish, Russians, Brazilains ...........all under one umbrella for the same cause.

Friends - lets us keep this momentum going, San Jose will be the start - rest will follow.

We are with you.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:15 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future Legal has a brilliant future
Default beginnings of COUNTER PROPAGANDA???

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/A...=1&oref=slogin

Highly Skilled Immigrants Can't Get Work

Old 07-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Priority Date
:
Category
:
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sashidhar_gundimeda is on a distinguished road
Default Nice article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadianindian

Nothing unusual about Americans. They just look for reasons to whine. Rather than stepping up their skill set and working harder, they look for easy way out to blame poor immigrants. One thing that I noticed about Americans is no matter what, they will complain. But what they dont understand is, its not the "legal" immigrants taking away their jobs, its just the fact that Americans dont want to work hard and dont want to keep up with ever changing technology.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
vinodp1978 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sashidhar_gundimeda
Nothing unusual about Americans. They just look for reasons to whine. Rather than stepping up their skill set and working harder, they look for easy way out to blame poor immigrants. One thing that I noticed about Americans is no matter what, they will complain. But what they dont understand is, its not the "legal" immigrants taking away their jobs, its just the fact that Americans dont want to work hard and dont want to keep up with ever changing technology.
hey sashi..what's going on?

Old 07-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-07
Category
:
EB2-NIW
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2007
Chargeability
:
South Africa
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
11/29/2007
Compare
darslee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal

I don't think so I read this article and I think what they are highlighting is probably very real for a lot of new immigrants. I think it is quite a positive article.....hopeful

Old 07-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/07/2007
Compare
manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice manderson is just really nice
Default nothing wrong with the article

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legal

come on ppl let's not get paranoid. i think it's trying to address a geniune problem - that affects a small subset of new skilled immigrants in the US who come via the Family based GC. nowhere in it did I see a segue to a Lou Dobbs type job-stealing-cheap-foreign-labor/ anti-H1/GC type argument. (the bread and butter of numberUSA and IEEEs).

sure, it could have done more to point out the difference between ppl profiled in the article and those who come here through employer-sponsored visas -- the latter come here on pre-arranged employment, so very unlikely to go through such problems.