Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 03:29 PM
Priority Date
:
May-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/01/2005
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/04/2007
Compare
Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all Hassan11 is a name known to all
Default signed

done.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 03:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by SivaMayam
can someone pls post the link for the actual news clips
~S
here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iKpK...elated&search=

Old 07-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2008
Compare
yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold yetanotherguyinline is a splendid one to behold

Email sent.

Dear Sir or Madam:

I have been watching Lou Dobbs on CNN for a while and I am appalled by Mr Dobbs' hatred towards immigrants. He seems to twist or omit facts to suit his line of thought and at times states his opinion as absolute facts (most of which can be easily dis-proven by a 10 minute search on USCIS or dept of home land security websites). My friends and I are considering boycotting CNN if this sort of offensive programming goes on unchecked.

Regards,

Old 07-16-2007, 05:36 PM
Priority Date
:
May-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2001
Compare
sanjaymk will become famous soon enough
Default signed

signed and done.

Sanjay.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/10/2007
Compare
cgeek4u is on a distinguished road

Signed

Old 07-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/30/2007
Compare
another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute another one has a reputation beyond repute
Default Here are my humble changes to the letter.

Older 2 & 3 were very subjective and controversial so I suggest removing them

Our letter is not about CNN hiring H1ís, and letís be practical CNN is likely not to fire Lou Dobb, especially if we insist.
================================================== ====

The Chairman, CEO Time Warner Inc and Senior Corporate Executives.

Dear Mr. Parsons,

We are deeply disturbed by the false comments aired on Mr. Lou Dobbs' show, on your CNN network July 9, 2007. On his show Mr. Dobbs interviewed Rep Tom Tancredo(R), Colorado who claimed that H1-B workers overstay their visas and do not go back home.

Quoting Mr. Tancredo from your show: "H1-B visa is for 5 years" and "700,000 H1-B workers overstaying their visas"

Even though Mr. Dobbs did not make the comments himself he aired them on his show. This makes both CNN and Lou Dobbs liable for these irresponsible and incorrect statements.

Let us straighten the facts here for you on H1-B visas.

1) H1-B visa is issued for a maximum of 6 years in increments of 3 years. It is not 5 years as claimed by Rep Tancredo on Lou Dobbs show. Further, once the first stage of Green card application is been pending for more than a year, H1-B can be extended indefinitely beyond six years.

2) H1-Bís pay all types of taxes (Social Security, Federal, State etc.) from day-1. In fact, more than a 100,000 H1-Bís, have been working, paying taxes in US for 5-10 years, without even being a permanent resident. The issue of tax has been misreported on Mr. Dobbs show on multiple times.

3) Fewer percentage of H1-B s have overstayed their visas than the percentage of senators who have been guilty of taking bribes, or the percentage of journalists who have misrepresented facts!

4) Medical doctors, Researchers, Engineers, Bio-technologists, CEOs, CFOs you name it, a lot of them are H1-B visa holders. They are in demand in all industries. The shortage of high-skilled workers has in fact led Microsoft to plan the setup of a research center in Vancouver. But, thatís another topic, and is not the purpose of our letter here.

Over the years, many of us have held CNN in high esteem for its journalistic capabilities, and we would still like to think of it is as the ďMost Trusted name in newsĒ. However, this issue is turning out to be a huge disappointment for the highly skilled legal immigrant community. We hope that CNN recognizes these errors and rectifies in a visible manner. If no action is taken, we are likely to think that CNN misreports in matters which are not so well known to us.

Sincerely,

Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2001
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/05/2007
Compare
obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future obviously has a brilliant future
Default Agree with Another One

the revised version is more pointed.

Here are a few other points to consider and highlight:
- That the woes of legal high skilled immigrants are completely forgotten
- Despite the fact that they pay taxes, social security etc
- They represent a continued American heritage of immigrants chasing the Great American Dream

While H1B workers might appear to 'displace US workers', the crux of the issue is that in order for US companies to remain innovative and competitive they cannot afford to take a hoary protectionist policy in talent management.

High skilled talent finds level ground, wherever it might be.

While the old world order was about national boundaries and international competition amongst countries, the new world order is about a flat world where transnational collaboration and commerce can enable wealth and job creation in any part of the world!

The presence of high skilled foreign workers INSIDE the US
- ensures that jobs remain in the US
- ensures that resultant taxes remain in the US
- ensures that resultant investments target the US economy
- apart from ensuring US competitive and commercial advantage

The oft repeated arguments about 'local talent being available but not tapped' is borne out of a sense of elitist entitlement; something that runs counter to the great American Dream and the quest for constant innovation, creation, improvement and execution.

The need of the hour should be on how to enable successful assimilation of high skilled labor and talent into the US economy such that the economic engines of efficient productivity are not hampered by artificial tarrifs and barriers borne out of a broken immigration system.

The quest for a color-blind, talent-oriented, country-agnostic immigration system has a long and sometimes troubling, history.

While the old world afforded the luxury of years to rectify imblances and imperfections in policy constructs, the new world leaves little room for inefficient alignment of policies.

The need to fix a broken legal immigration system is as much an economic reality as it is to address detrimental effects in womens' rights (spouses' rights), labor rights and free markets.
________
MissBARBIE

Last edited by obviously; 08-28-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/02/2004
Compare
sbg is on a distinguished road
Default My Comment

Respectfully, Mr. Dobbs' reporting is best suited for publications such as the National Enquirer. Fire him or lose intelligent viewership.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:52 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by obviously
the revised version is more pointed.

Here are a few other points to consider and highlight:
- That the woes of legal high skilled immigrants are completely forgotten
- Despite the fact that they pay taxes, social security etc
- They represent a continued American heritage of immigrants chasing the Great American Dream

While H1B workers might appear to 'displace US workers', the crux of the issue is that in order for US companies to remain innovative and competitive they cannot afford to take a hoary protectionist policy in talent management.

High skilled talent finds level ground, wherever it might be.

While the old world order was about national boundaries and international competition amongst countries, the new world order is about a flat world where transnational collaboration and commerce can enable wealth and job creation in any part of the world!

The presence of high skilled foreign workers INSIDE the US
- ensures that jobs remain in the US
- ensures that resultant taxes remain in the US
- ensures that resultant investments target the US economy
- apart from ensuring US competitive and commercial advantage

The oft repeated arguments about 'local talent being available but not tapped' is borne out of a sense of elitist entitlement; something that runs counter to the great American Dream and the quest for constant innovation, creation, improvement and execution.

The need of the hour should be on how to enable successful assimilation of high skilled labor and talent into the US economy such that the economic engines of efficient productivity are not hampered by artificial tarrifs and barriers borne out of a broken immigration system.

The quest for a color-blind, talent-oriented, country-agnostic immigration system has a long and sometimes troubling, history.

While the old world afforded the luxury of years to rectify imblances and imperfections in policy constructs, the new world leaves little room for inefficient alignment of policies.

The need to fix a broken legal immigration system is as much an economic reality as it is to address detrimental effects in womens' rights (spouses' rights), labor rights and free markets.
Folks, Sorry, The petition can't be changed even if it has 1 signature. It has close to ~700. I plan to stick with this. This petition is about that particular show. You are free to start another petition highlighting general issues with Lou Dobbs.
Again we can have several petitions and send it to CNN. If we have enough numbers there will be ample pressure on Lou to state the facts.
As far as CNN hiring H1-Bs is concerned it is an example of exposing the double standards within Time Warner Inc. I believe this petition is going to make the intended impact. You are free not to sign it.

Last edited by pmb76; 07-16-2007 at 07:57 PM.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2005
Compare
BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light BostonGCVictim is a glorious beacon of light
Default signed

done
Skilled Immigration Blog
http://skilledimmigrants.blogspot.com

Old 07-16-2007, 08:17 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
mallikonnet is just really nice mallikonnet is just really nice mallikonnet is just really nice mallikonnet is just really nice mallikonnet is just really nice

singed

Old 07-16-2007, 08:32 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/10/2007
Compare
virens is on a distinguished road
Default Done

Signed

Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/24/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
Happyday is on a distinguished road
Smile

signed fwded it to Indian communties tooo

Old 07-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/16/2007
Compare
acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute acecupid has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Done

Signed it !

Old 07-16-2007, 10:07 PM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
DeportDobbs is on a distinguished road
Default Signed and good initiation

If anybody that is useless on the great America Land, it is a self proclaimed fake-nationalist person like Mr. Dobbs. He not only is conveying a wrong information but also hurting the nation with his misdirections... How can a person, who spends hours of time driving to and from work every day, even have a time to gather real statistics??