Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
11/13/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/14/2007
Compare
naveenarjun is on a distinguished road
Default columbus/cleveland/cinci/chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansin
I live in Columbus OH and I am sure there are a lot of H1B holders here too. So I would like to know if anyone on this forum is From Columbus so we can organize a march here too. Anyone Interested please contact me. Thanks!
I would suggest people from columbus,cleveland and cincinnati rally together.

May be we could join the chicagoans.. the bigger the better..I understand it might be alittle difficult for some people to travel. If so we can organize the rally in ohio itself
Contribution so far: $100
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2007, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/20/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice maine_gc is just really nice

Fellow IVers,

I don't want to discourage anyone by posting this. I want all of you to do a reality check on the rallies you want to organize.

I believe organizers of San Jose rally does not have enough time to do all the stuff they need. If they had another week i am pretty sure thay would have done an amazing job with the count and better media coverage. gsc999 and Frankling will you agree with me?

So please check if you have enough time when you suggest a date for a protest rally. Especially if you are expecting big numbers you have to do a lot of publicity and not only people in this forum but also all other people should know about the rally so that they can participate.

NY rally organizers, i suggest you to pick another date to give yourself enough time.

Just a thought

Old 07-16-2007, 12:26 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
02/10/2006
Compare
redddiv can only hope to improve
Smile

I am in Soth Florida.. Why dotn we all fromGeorgia/Florida guys do some thing in florida. Pelase suggest guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariusp
I'm in South FL. I'm in if anything happens down here.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:54 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/13/2007
Compare
prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold prince_waiting is a splendid one to behold
Default Use MLK memorial in Atlanta to stage a rally

MLK used Gandhian principles to lead the Anti Segregation movement; we used the same philosophy while protesting against USCIS. Using the MLK memorial in Atlanta as a backdrop to stage the rally would surely be helpful in gathering media attention.

Using catchy slogans to highlight the similar adherence to Gandhian principles in both the movements would certainly get a lot of media attention.

Don't expect CNN to cover it though; courtsey Mr Dobbs ofcourse.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:21 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
wonderlust has a spectacular aura about wonderlust has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation A suggestion about rally

Hi, I am so excited and impressed with the enthusiasm here! I have just consulted with an American citizen who has had experience with political activism. The following are some suggestions:

1. Pull people into major cities because these cities catch public attention fast.

NYC, Boston, Washington DC, and Atlanta.

2. Ideally, the rallies should be held on the same day.

Would it be possible for the Head of the Chapters start planning on a common day of rally? Then all IV members be informed of the decision and make travel plans?

Wonderlust

Old 07-16-2007, 01:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about
Default Comprehensive rally

I really like the idea of a comprehensive rally in all big cities on the same date as suggested by wonderlust. This can be planned at the end of this month which is about 2 weeks away and can be planned well. We have very good example of what worked and did not in San Jose. We will have all time to plan and attend.I am willing to give time and energy to co-ordinate this. maybe the Core team can look into this.

Old 07-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/12/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
hibhagya is on a distinguished road
Default I am in and can bring minimum five people to DC rally

I totally agree that we should do this rallies all over USA in one shot or individually.
If required we should do it every weekend.
I am in and can bring minimum five people to DC rally

Old 07-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/27/2007
Compare
pansworld is a name known to all pansworld is a name known to all pansworld is a name known to all pansworld is a name known to all pansworld is a name known to all pansworld is a name known to all
Default Set a date for country wide rallies

I think we need a consensus date for country wide rallies. What do you guys think?

Old 07-16-2007, 01:50 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/16/2007
Compare
dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about dagabaaj has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansworld
I think we need a consensus date for country wide rallies. What do you guys think?
I agree with what you suggest. But my 2 cents would be that earlier the better.