Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2007, 08:39 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
akp can only hope to improve
Default How to answer Lou Dobbs

I don't watch cnn or fox, but from what I gather from other posts on Dobbs, it appears he is virulently anti-immigrant. I also understand he quite popular. Here is the Gandhian way to protest your unhappiness to Dobss: Follow the money.

Let us boycott the sponsors of Dobbs show. The attack on immigrants hurts not only the would be immigrants but also recent immigrants. Once the boycott theme becomes well known, it will start to show effect.

Ideas/comments/suggestions?
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice

Dear friend, Please refer to this thread and sign the petition

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...ad.php?t=10174 (Please sign petition against Lou Dobbs CNN)

Old 07-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmb76
cnn or any commercial organization do not care too much about opinions of a very tiny minority. Your petition (that I have signed) will go directly into cnn black hole because cnn gives a rats ass to internet petition by bunch of anonymous persons (they must be getting thousands everyday).

However, by boycotting products of companies that sponsor Lou Dobbs, you make a direct, even though insignificant, protest and thus channel your anger. That insignificant becomes significant if more people start boycotting and this thing starts to get press. Most companies are very scared of bad press or seen being attached to non-progressive ideas.

What we need is a critical mass of protesters. It is vert easy to do also.. just don't buy or use services of companies sponsoring Lou Dobbs.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold

akp,

This is worth trying. Dobbs is already under pressure due to the inaccuracies caught in his program earlier. The petition is going to be sent to CNN executivies via snail mail, so it has a good chance of being read.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by akred
akp,

This is worth trying. Dobbs is already under pressure due to the inaccuracies caught in his program earlier. The petition is going to be sent to CNN executivies via snail mail, so it has a good chance of being read.
Sure, they may read it. They will say, we are sorry you feel this way. However, Lou Dobbs has his right to free speech and it seems he is quite popular too. End of story. Did we see ANY coverage of flower campaign etc. on CNN? I don't think so.

Boycotting companies that sponsor Dobbs is so much easier. You don't have to do any thing, just keep track of companies sponsoring Dobbs and don't buy thier products/use their services. Write to them, if you feel like, the reason you are not buying their product. This will surely draw attention of Cnn bean counters.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
03/01/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/19/2007
Compare
CT_Green is on a distinguished road
Default CT_Green

Lou Dobbs is in the executive board of CNN and probably uses his influence to continue his propoganda on CNN. We should also send letters to the sponsors on CNN.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:35 PM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute

I like your idea. I will starting watching CNN and will post the sponsors of his program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp
I don't watch cnn or fox, but from what I gather from other posts on Dobbs, it appears he is virulently anti-immigrant. I also understand he quite popular. Here is the Gandhian way to protest your unhappiness to Dobss: Follow the money.

Let us boycott the sponsors of Dobbs show. The attack on immigrants hurts not only the would be immigrants but also recent immigrants. Once the boycott theme becomes well known, it will start to show effect.

Ideas/comments/suggestions?

Old 07-15-2007, 12:22 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare
akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold akred is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp
Sure, they may read it. They will say, we are sorry you feel this way. However, Lou Dobbs has his right to free speech and it seems he is quite popular too. End of story. Did we see ANY coverage of flower campaign etc. on CNN? I don't think so.

Boycotting companies that sponsor Dobbs is so much easier. You don't have to do any thing, just keep track of companies sponsoring Dobbs and don't buy thier products/use their services. Write to them, if you feel like, the reason you are not buying their product. This will surely draw attention of Cnn bean counters.
The problem with this approach is that it is not visible to the sponsors. OTOH, there are journalists who are already after Lou Dobbs inaccuracries - we just need to collect the inaccuracies, establish the facts and pass on the evidence. Sending it the executives is a way to shorten this process. Hopefully they will see how something like this tarnishes CNN's image as a credible organization and someone will talk to Lou.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:05 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by akred
The problem with this approach is that it is not visible to the sponsors. OTOH, there are journalists who are already after Lou Dobbs inaccuracries - we just need to collect the inaccuracies, establish the facts and pass on the evidence. Sending it the executives is a way to shorten this process. Hopefully they will see how something like this tarnishes CNN's image as a credible organization and someone will talk to Lou.
That is the whole point: We want to attract the attention and negative publicity to the sponsors. If you don't buy their product/services they will be affected, however minutely. This serves two purposes: It is a legitimate way to register your protest on the sponsor's support of Dobbs garbage and it is the method which is totally in your control, you don't need to depend on journalists to do your job.

Finally, it is very easy too: just use a product or service that does not sponsor Dobbs.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:08 AM
Priority Date
:
Feb-05
Category
:
EB1
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Andorra
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by newuser
I like your idea. I will starting watching CNN and will post the sponsors of his program.
Thanks we should keep track of sponsors and post their names. We can then decide how to boycott them. We might at the same time inform the sponsors of our reason (here is where letter writing may do some thing). I do understand that to be effective we will need a critical mass of boycotters, hence my posting on this forum.

Old 07-15-2007, 02:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Apr-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/26/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/19/2007
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by akp
That is the whole point: We want to attract the attention and negative publicity to the sponsors. If you don't buy their product/services they will be affected, however minutely. This serves two purposes: It is a legitimate way to register your protest on the sponsor's support of Dobbs garbage and it is the method which is totally in your control, you don't need to depend on journalists to do your job.

Finally, it is very easy too: just use a product or service that does not sponsor Dobbs.
So how do you propose to attract negative publicity to the sponsors by not buying their products? There has to be a causal relationship.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:32 AM
Priority Date
:
Nov-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice pmb76 is just really nice

All you guys have great suggestions. I think sending letters to sponsors is a wonderful idea. They are less likely to support a TV show which airs inaccurate information. That will work however if we have sufficient number of people petition. Remember how the sponsors pulled out of the Don Imus show after his racist comments. We need a critical mass of people to just express their displeasure with the sponsors.
Although the response to the petition has been reasonably good I still don't understand why the petition signers do not enter their full name.
It is ironic that we are so scared to even stand up for the right cause, for our own selves, to sign our full name.

Old 07-15-2007, 08:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/11/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/17/2007
Compare
chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute chanduv23 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Youtube

Pull out all his propaganda videos from youtube and redo those video by inserting clips inbetween wherever says lies, pause the video and explain it clearly. Something the numnbersusa folks do in their videos.

Does anyone have skills to do it?

Old 07-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
VMH_GC is an unknown quantity at this point

Guess, who is the biggest sponsor of Lou dobbs, Toyota, hard to beleive but that is the truth, can we write a petition to Toyota and urge them to influence CNN.

Old 07-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Dec-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/02/2007
Compare
mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light mbawa2574 is a glorious beacon of light
Talking Let's put together a ad on Fox for a call to boycott Toyota

This way it will get the visibility by Toyota and they will be forced to withdraw Sponsorship