Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2006, 08:52 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
anindya1234 will become famous soon enough anindya1234 will become famous soon enough
Default Read Sensenbrenner's views on immigration

Tough nut to crack...I hope something is being done to tackle this guy.

http://www.house.gov/sensenbrenner/wc20060329.html
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 06-01-2006, 09:00 PM
Priority Date
:
May-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/01/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
01/15/2003
Compare
willgetgc2005 is on a distinguished road

Notice in the title, the name Raj Bharwani. Sounds like an Indian name.
Is he the guy who released/wrote the article on behalf of Sensenbrenner ?

IV core
, can we get in touch with this guy ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anindya1234
Tough nut to crack...I hope something is being done to tackle this guy.

http://www.house.gov/sensenbrenner/wc20060329.html

Old 06-01-2006, 09:04 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/02/2007
Compare
vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light vxg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgetgc2005

IV core
Not that he appears to be in favour of legal immigration. If we pursue Sensenbrenner about legal immigration may be the compromised bill has our provisons.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:09 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-04
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
09/15/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/24/2007
Compare
like_watching_paint_dry is infamous around these parts like_watching_paint_dry is infamous around these parts like_watching_paint_dry is infamous around these parts like_watching_paint_dry is infamous around these parts like_watching_paint_dry is infamous around these parts like_watching_paint_dry is infamous around these parts like_watching_paint_dry is infamous around these parts like_watching_paint_dry is infamous around these parts like_watching_paint_dry is infamous around these parts

this is the same guy who came out vocally in support of that congressman jefferson who's being investigated for corruption. he wants to amend constitution so that congressmen are treated to be above the law.

i dont like this guy either. while i agree with most things he has to say on that page you pointed to, i can see that his stand would hurt us if the bill does not come through.

Old 06-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare
anindya1234 will become famous soon enough anindya1234 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by willgetgc2005

IV core
Seems to me Bharwani is the press contact for Sensenbrenner. I managed to get his number: (202) 225-5101

I think somebody from IV core should call him...will love to know what is going on in that House-Senate conference,

Old 06-01-2006, 09:33 PM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobers is on a distinguished road

illegal immigration is easer to attack...esp by highlighting the differences with those who followed them...but in no way does this guy wants to expand immigration...no way is he "in favor of legal immigration"

Old 06-02-2006, 08:17 AM
Priority Date
:
Aug-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
06-20-2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06-27-2007
Compare
cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough cagedcactus is a jewel in the rough

how does that hurt us? He talked about illegal immigration there. I also agree with what he said. Now that the bill includes us as well as illegals, cant he pass it with halting only illegal workers and not us?
What are his views for techies like us, who never break any laws?
please shine some light here.....
thanks.....

Old 06-02-2006, 09:25 AM
Priority Date
:
May-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/10/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/06/2007
Compare

The way it can hurt us is this..the provisions of CIR, of relevance to us are coupled with those for illegal immigrants. Sensenbrenner, being a staunch anti-illegal immigrant will oppose this bill, tooth and nail and will try to sink our cause as well......does this shed enough light?

Old 06-02-2006, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default e mail him?

He has an e mail address there to write to him directly, maybe if iv or just a group of members from WI...just wrote a reasonable non argumentative mail to him, encouraging a compromise that "meets America's long term good" and highlights problems with the legal proccess...thus requesting him to help with that? Could use his words and point out that many "good citizens" have been here a decade or more legally and still face long waits...that country quotas keep out highly skilled workers and that the senate bill decreases the %quota available to EB1 and 2 categorees in favor of unskilled workers...all this may yet appeal to him.....no harm in making contact and providing our side of the story.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-02
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
morpheus is on a distinguished road

According to Google, Raj Bharwani is Sensenbrenner's press secretary.

Sensenbrenner noted that legal immigrants wait up to 20 years outside the country, almost as if that is a matter of pride, not a sign of a broken immigration system. I doubt we will get much help from him. As Anindya noted, he wants to sink CIR for illegals and legal reforms will go down with the ship in his view.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
sobers is on a distinguished road

High on the Restrictionists Agenda is striking down the increase in EB visas/green cards. You can be sure that EB visas, will be prime targets for the chopping block during conference, if it gets to that. As you can see, these folks usually pay only lip service to legal immigrants, to suit their own needs and slander illegals.

That' why its important to support IV now! I would also suggest IV create a phone in/webfax campaign for all conference committee members, once the House list is out.

This is FAIR's take on the S2611 bill:

Senate Passes Massive Guest Worker Amnesty Legislation and Sends it to Conference Committee

Despite growing opposition to a large-scale guest worker amnesty bill, only fifty-eight percent of Republican Senators and ten percent of Democratic Senators actually listened to the American people when casting their NAY votes last week against S.2611. Unfortunately, ninety percent of Democratic Senators and forty-two percent of Republican Senators instead listened to big business and illegal aliens and voted to pass S.2611, the largest rewriting of immigration law since 1965.

During last week's debate, several Senators offered amendments to S.2611 hoping to lessen the scope of this wide ranging bill. Senator David Vitter (R-LA) offered an amendment that would have eliminated the amnesty language. This amendment was rejected on a 33-66 vote. Senator Wayne Allard (R-CO) raised a budget point of order against S.2611 because of its projected costs. The point of order was waived on a 67-31 vote. Senator John Ensign (R-NV) offered an amendment to eliminate credit received for Social Security benefits while working in the U.S. illegally. This amendment was tabled by a 50-49 vote.

For people to understand the enormity of this bill, we have listed some of the most outrageous provisions. If enacted, the Senate's guest worker amnesty would do the following:

Grant amnesty to at least 10 million illegal aliens who have broken our laws.
Admit hundreds of thousands "guest workers" through a new guest worker program on top of the thousands we currently admit each year.
Grant amnesty to additional 1.5 million agricultural workers
Increase by over 400% the number of employment-based immigrants admitted into the U.S. each year.
Pardon employers who hire illegal aliens.
Allow states to give in-state tuition rates to illegal aliens.

Old 06-02-2006, 11:51 AM
Priority Date
:
N/A
Category
:
N/A
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
N/A
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
brb2 will become famous soon enough brb2 will become famous soon enough

Those who oppose illegal immigrants in most cases oppose legal immigration also. So writing to these people serves no purspose, especially if one does not live in that state. Here is what Tom Tancredo's spokesman was quoted as saying:

{....Will Adams, a spokesman for Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-Colo.), who opposes granting residency to illegal immigrants, called legal immigration "the soft underbelly of the Senate bill." It is overlooked in the debate, he said, "but when it's exposed, the public is outraged."...}

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...060101696.html

Old 06-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Priority Date
:
Mar-01
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
immi2006 will become famous soon enough immi2006 will become famous soon enough
Default Tourist Attraction

As of today, India is now scouting for talents in US, in years to come US may become a good tourist destinaton, not for engg. All the good folks will leave US to their homelands. Perhaps they want this to happen, indirectly they are helping the third world !

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus
According to Google, Raj Bharwani is Sensenbrenner's press secretary.

Sensenbrenner noted that legal immigrants wait up to 20 years outside the country, almost as if that is a matter of pride, not a sign of a broken immigration system. I doubt we will get much help from him. As Anindya noted, he wants to sink CIR for illegals and legal reforms will go down with the ship in his view.

Old 06-02-2006, 12:11 PM
Priority Date
:
Aug-05
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/28/2005
Compare
raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough raj3078 is a jewel in the rough
Default This guy is hardcore anti

I heard this guy talking on "Meet the Press" and this guy is hardcore opponent of Immigration, Legal or illegal....He is like the number 1 opposer in the whole country. I am kinda surprised that someone who shares my name is his Press Secretary, but alas...It seems Mr Barwani is there for Dollars and not for any principals
Raj

Old 06-02-2006, 03:24 PM
Priority Date
:
Dec-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/06/2002
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
12/24/2002
Compare
sreekanth will become famous soon enough
Default I can pass on the message to the Senator(Hopefully)

Dear Friends,
I am from Wisconsin. Senator Sensenbrenner holds periodical town hall meetings with the public.
I sent an E-mail to him last month about our issue but have not received any reply yet.
I called his office today and spoke to his associate (Mr.Bill) who was very friendly and helpful.
When I explained him about our initiative he suggested that I meet the Senator during his next town hall meeting on June 11th.
Here is what I need,
If any one of you could draft a letter that clearly states our request to support the bill from the Legal aliens perspective I can meet him in person and deliver the letter to him.
If we can quote in the letter , the specific sections of the Bill which we were are concerned about, I am sure he would take some time to read it and respond to us.
If we can add other statistics like how many LEGAL aliens and their families would be benefited by this law it might probably impress him as well.
As I said above I have already written a very generic E-mail to him about retrogression and how thousands of skilled LEGAL aliens are affected by it.
If you could send me a more professional letter with specific information and statistics I can talk to him on June 11th and let all of you know about his response.
Regards,
Sreekanth