Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2007, 12:33 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
rogerdepena is on a distinguished road
Default Boycott CNN!

Let us boycott CNN to protest the unjust presentation of immigrants in their news. I can't comprehend why a big and reputable network would support a show like Lou Dobbs. Lou dobbs and his minions has been spreading lies and hate about legal immigration. The sad part is that the ordinary American would believe them since they are part of a big network, CNN -- supposedly a moral and ethical news company driven to tell the truth and expose injustice. Everyday we try hard to be a good citizen, build a good reputation, and work hard for the betterment of this country but everyday too, Lou Dobbs and his panel of experts ruins everything that we have gained. We cannot ignore this negative publicity anymore. I used to watched CNN ASIA and truly believe that they were the best international network -- they were fair and unbiased in their reporting. But CNN US seems to be a different animal, their seems to be an underlying current of hate hiding and pretending to be patriotic. So, I would like to ask IV core to add this to IV's strategy. Let us spread the word that CNN/Lou Dobbs is anti-immigrant and should not be patronized. Tell your friends and family and let them spread the word. We should also boycott all CNN-related companies i.e Time, CNN ASIA, etc. since they are part of the same animal. We should start being vigilant and fight back on things that are hurtful to us but in a peaceful way.
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
micofrost is infamous around these parts micofrost is infamous around these parts micofrost is infamous around these parts micofrost is infamous around these parts micofrost is infamous around these parts micofrost is infamous around these parts micofrost is infamous around these parts
Default I already did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdepena
Let us boycott CNN to protest the unjust presentation of immigrants in their news. I can't comprehend why a big and reputable network would support a show like Lou Dobbs. Lou dobbs and his minions has been spreading lies and hate about legal immigration. The sad part is that the ordinary American would believe them since they are part of a big network, CNN -- supposedly a moral and ethical news company driven to tell the truth and expose injustice. Everyday we try hard to be a good citizen, build a good reputation, and work hard for the betterment of this country but everyday too, Lou Dobbs and his panel of experts ruins everything that we have gained. We cannot ignore this negative publicity anymore. I used to watched CNN ASIA and truly believe that they were the best international network -- they were fair and unbiased in their reporting. But CNN US seems to be a different animal, their seems to be an underlying current of hate hiding and pretending to be patriotic. So, I would like to ask IV core to add this to IV's strategy. Let us spread the word that CNN/Lou Dobbs is anti-immigrant and should not be patronized. Tell your friends and family and let them spread the word. We should also boycott all CNN-related companies i.e Time, CNN ASIA, etc. since they are part of the same animal. We should start being vigilant and fight back on things that are hurtful to us but in a peaceful way.
Thats why I degraded my cable service so that CNN will be blocked.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:02 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/25/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/10/2007
Compare
newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute newuser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Me too

I used to watch CNN for any news update and visit CNN.com atleast 10 times a day. Not anymore. I didn't visit the website for the last two days and I am sending e-mails to all my friends to stop watching CNN and all the products that endrosed Lou Dobbs show.

I am getting my info from www.nytimes.com now and watching msnbc on cable.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:25 AM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/14/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/09/2007
Compare
file485 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by micofrost
Thats why I degraded my cable service so that CNN will be blocked.
haven't you heard 'keep your friends close..keep your enemies closer'...blocking the channel might not help...

there is an online petition happening here..

after we have seen what can be achieved, I don't think so it will be really tough to make it clear..

Old 07-18-2007, 01:43 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
01/09/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
vkotval is on a distinguished road

I agree with file485. Blocking the channel is not the answer. Lets put our efforts in getting as many signatures as possible for the petition.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:45 AM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by file485
haven't you heard 'keep your friends close..keep your enemies closer'...blocking the channel might not help...

there is an online petition happening here..

after we have seen what can be achieved, I don't think so it will be really tough to make it clear..
I already signed the petition but it is also important that we stop watching them. Don't visit CNN.com since it's advertising is based --in a way-- on the number of hits. Don't buy time magazine since it is affiliated with CNN. During casual conversation, if the topic is about news, make it a point to tell your friend that you are doubting the integrity of CNN since some of it's shows are anti-immigrant --both legal and illegal. If you are lucky(or unlucky) to be included in a survey about "NEWS NETWORKS", leave a comment and be specific that you don't like CNN because it supports "Lou Dobbs." This small things might not mean a lot but it's a step to the right direction.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:18 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default listen to this

there are 20,000 here
and more of us around on blogs like immigration portal and siskind-ilw
IF: everyone would sign a petition to TOYOTA- the Lou Dobbs sponsor (copy to CNN) stating in no uncertain terms our displeasure with their relationship to a hate monger, and threatening a boycott- believe me it would make waves.

BUT: How many will sign with their real names? How many will sign at all?

we have been traditionally fearful and resistant to stepping out of the shadows. the question is - after a successful campaign that helped bring USCIS to it's knees, has something fundamental changed in enough of us?

IF so, then there is hope for an idea like this.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 07-18-2007, 02:27 AM
Priority Date
:
Jan-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/01/2005
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/01/2007
Compare
english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice english_august is just really nice
Default It's a free country!

It's a free country and everyone, including Lou Dobbs have a right to voice their opinion - boycotts will not serve any purpose.

If you feel so passionately about it, here's what I suggest. Create a blog/website and every single day after his program, post an article pointing out factual inaccuracies in Lou's reports and views. If you don't want to watch the program, then CNN publishes a transcript a couple of hours later - follow that.

It's hard work but believe me - do it consistently and do it well and you will see that it will work.

Best of luck and post the address of your site/blog here should you decide to do it.

Old 07-18-2007, 02:47 AM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default right and wrong

the problem is not with his opinions
sure he has a right to them
the problem is with the "facts" he shouts out.
even when he is wrong and is told so, he repeats them
this was nicely shown in the "hansens disease" episode
that time the southern baptists and the national press finally spoke up.

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 07-18-2007, 03:00 AM
Priority Date
:
Jun-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-140
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
manjunathk is on a distinguished road

Let's send him "Get well soon" flowers with a letter explaining the REAL problem we (legal) immigrants face.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:11 AM
Donor
Priority Date
:
Oct-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
10/30/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
08/05/2007
Compare
northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold northstar is a splendid one to behold

I dont think this should be our priority, his reporting is mostly based on illegal immigration, he does talk about H1B visa sometimes and has reported some incorrect facts, but again his focus is more towards cleaning up the H1B visa system so that things are transparent rather than stopping it altogether.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Priority Date
:
Sep-05
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare

Quote:
Originally Posted by english_august
It's a free country and everyone, including Lou Dobbs have a right to voice their opinion - boycotts will not serve any purpose.

If you feel so passionately about it, here's what I suggest. Create a blog/website and every single day after his program, post an article pointing out factual inaccuracies in Lou's reports and views. If you don't want to watch the program, then CNN publishes a transcript a couple of hours later - follow that.

It's hard work but believe me - do it consistently and do it well and you will see that it will work.

Best of luck and post the address of your site/blog here should you decide to do it.
blogging is not a problem. i'll try to make one at eblog. ill post the link when im ready. i would also like to ask others to pm me Lou Dobbs-related issues so that i can look at it and write an article about it.

Old 07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
Priority Date
:
Oct-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
04/16/2004
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/06/2004
Compare
krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future krishnam70 has a brilliant future
Default I agree with the thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by english_august

Here is the blog created for talking about Lou Dobbs. I will start digging up material and posting to this site.. please feel free to start blogging there
lets take it up to him

http://loubdobbs-truthorlies.blogspot.com/

cheers