Immigration Voice - Forums
Register Get Involved Contact Lawmakers Advocacy Discussion Image Image Image Image

Go Back   Immigration Voice > Immigration Voice Issues and Congressional updates > IV Agenda and Legislative Updates
Click to log in with Facebook
IV Agenda and Legislative Updates Immigration Voice's Agenda and Legislative Updates

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Mar-06
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
05/06/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/29/2007
Compare
pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute pappu has a reputation beyond repute
Default action items for state chapters

http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/sh...0164#post30164
Bookmark and Share Compare Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of
Default Ideas to actively involve state chapters

Guys come up with Ideas to increase the gross root level participation which is more effective way of getting the voice heard.

some ideas

1. Call for selecting the local chapter leaders. Create a poll or some thing requesting members who wants to be local /state leaders

2. Define the responsibilities of local leaders. Also provide some benefits of being a local leader which enthuses members to get inclined for the leadership positions.

3. Define Meeting places for each state. Schedule meetings at the earliest possible date. If possible let the core team decide some places and dates and thrust on the local chapters to initiate the process.

4. Let some central funding be pumped into organising the local chapter meeting initially till the chapters themselves generate some funding for organising their future meetings.

Hope this helps.

Guys come up with ideas that enhances active participation at the local/state chapter level.

Old 07-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Priority Date
:
Jul-07
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-140+I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
07/02/2007
Compare
paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute paskal has a reputation beyond repute
Default as a start...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumhyd2
Guys come up with Ideas to increase the gross root level participation which is more effective way of getting the voice heard.

some ideas

1. Call for selecting the local chapter leaders. Create a poll or some thing requesting members who wants to be local /state leaders

2. Define the responsibilities of local leaders. Also provide some benefits of being a local leader which enthuses members to get inclined for the leadership positions.

3. Define Meeting places for each state. Schedule meetings at the earliest possible date. If possible let the core team decide some places and dates and thrust on the local chapters to initiate the process.

4. Let some central funding be pumped into organising the local chapter meeting initially till the chapters themselves generate some funding for organising their future meetings.

Hope this helps.

Guys come up with ideas that enhances active participation at the local/state chapter level.

everyone needs to join their local chapters
if one does not exist- create it.
physicians and their spouses are invited to join the iv-physicians chapter as well. MN folks and physicians please see the links in my signature. thanks!

To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and not worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest!
Don't be afraid to try something new, remember amateurs built the ark and professionals the Titanic!

Old 07-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Priority Date
:
Jul-06
Category
:
EB2
I140 Mailed Date
:
12/01/2006
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/30/2007
Compare
drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold drona is a splendid one to behold
Default Southern California IV Chapter

Southern California members, please join the So Cal IV group here:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SC_Immigration_Voice/

We are getting members together to discuss future action items for So Cal.
Members, you will need to request membership from the group. Please mention
what name you use on IV when you request membership.

Thanks.

Last edited by drona; 07-22-2007 at 04:41 PM.

Old 07-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Priority Date
:
Nov-03
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
Labor Certification
I485 Mailed Date
:
Compare
kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of kumhyd2 has much to be proud of
Default Post yahoo groups for other state chapters

Similarly can other state chapters be also post here their local yahoo groups. if your state doesn't have a group, please create one

Old 07-22-2007, 05:10 PM
Administrator
Priority Date
:
Jun-02
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
08/04/2003
Chargeability
:
India
Processing Stage
:
I-485
I485 Mailed Date
:
10/06/2003
Compare
WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold WaldenPond is a splendid one to behold

This is a GREAT idea. To begin with we need volunteers who would like to lead their state Chapters. Today, there was conference call initiated by Dallsblue for the state of TX and it was a big first step in getting more active participation from more members at the state level.

IV Core could assist you in reaching out to the existing members in your state if you would come out saying that you would like to lead the initiative in your state. But before anything happens, you have to come forward saying that you would like to lead the effort in your State and everything else will fall in place.

After that, first step could be arranging for a conference call and meeting other members in your local area/city. This will help in making yourself familiar with other members in the area and will help to increase the level of participation. In the beginning it will be slow, but if you are persistent, it is but natural that more members will join you very soon.

Second step could be to go through the material for “meet the lawmakers drive”. If you already don’t have this material, please let us know and IV core could send this material to you. This material provides the templates and talking points when meeting with the lawmaker.

Third step could be taking appointments with the staff of the Congressman in your area and the two Senators from your State. Once you have the appointments, please inform other members in your area with a request to join you in these meetings with the office of the lawmaker.

Paskal and gsc999 have done this very effectively and have been extremely successful with their initiatives. You could contact the core team or Paskal/gsc999 at anytime if you have any question.

These are just some ideas for the starting point and there could be a more that could be done along the way. But you have to come forward to say that you would like to lead the initiative in your state and rest everything will just happen.
Recd green card in June 2007

Old 07-22-2007, 10:31 PM
Priority Date
:
Apr-04
Category
:
EB3
I140 Mailed Date
:
Chargeability
:
United Kingdom
Processing Stage
:
I485 Mailed Date
:
06/01/2007
Compare
franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of franklin has much to be proud of
Default Nor Cal state chapter

C'mon chaps and chapesses.

Join the now famous Northern California aka "San Jose Ralliers" - details (group link) in my signature

Got Green but still working at IV